Josh Allen was never on Jets shortlist.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AlexJETS, May 18, 2018.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Suspected this was the case as they made the move to 3 immediately following Rosen/Mayfield workouts.

For all the Allen vs Mayfield debating I did before the draft, glad it worked out the way it did.

3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Breer's turned out to be a solid reporter imo. It appeared he had a good handle on what was going on with the team and gave good objective reports. None of the horse shit and hit pieces that come from the likes of that creep Mike Florio and Semeni, Costello, and Mehta and Co.

Speaking of which; notice how none of those rodents had a thing on what was really going on with Mac & Bowles. They had nothing, zilch, squat. How beautiful is that?

4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

“Mike Maccagnan DOES NOT have a first round grade on Baker Mayfield.”

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Good thing the Jets preemptively scouted Darnold. It appeared as though they had a feigned interest in Darnold (albeit due to their diligence in scouting him, they though he would definitely be gone) to the outside eye.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't understand how Josh Allen was on anybody's shortlist at the top of the draft. He was marginally better than Christian Hackenberg in his two seasons as a starter at Wyoming and he definitely faced worse defenses.

If he had come out on a high note the way Blake Bortles did I'd have understood the excitement about his measurables. Instead he got reined in by his college coaches and had an overall less efficient and less explosive year than he had in 2016. You really have to project with him to make him a tolerable NFL QB, let alone a franchise savior.

I guess the arm just wowed some people enough to make up for the fact that his production in college and high school was subpar.

This isn't exactly an Odell Beckham case either. Allen wasn't seen as a good QB prospect coming out of high school. I guess we learn at least one new thing about the NFL every year at this point. Maybe it's now a league where you can throw a raw QB on the field and coach him up to speed without hitting too many bumps in the road.

Harpua and Red Menace like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Without a link or citation, your comment is meaningless.

8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

You had about 50 posts in the thread "Cimini: McCagnan doesnt view Mayfield as top 3 pick" and you need a link?

FJF likes this.
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

What are you confused about? The league is becoming a glorified qb skills competition. Anyone with the size and/or the arm talent is going to be rated very highly. Hell, what was the 1st pick of the 2nd round 16 years ago is now 1st overall.

Red Menace likes this.
  10. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Good. Josh Allen is garbage

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

We all suspected that, as you can't draft Christian Hackenberg, then 2 years later trade up to #3 overall and draft a QB with accuracy issues. Not to mention many people feel he needs to sit a year or two. It would be career suicide for Maccagnan. Those are all things the Jets could not afford to risk, even if Allen turns out to be a solid QB, which I think is possible.