Baker Mayfield's stock is rising

Discussion in 'Draft' started by dmw, Apr 24, 2018.

1. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Noam likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I will be shocked if mac has his choice of the 2 Cali boys.
    Shocked!

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  3. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Cleveland is deciding between Mayfield and Allen but in actuality will be selecting neither.

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

stunning for the Browns ..not for us

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Please go #1

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

FJF likes this.
  6. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Allen's blue collar, humble beginnings is ideal for Cleveland. So is his arm strength and physical make-up, the weather there is nasty and I think he could be Big Ben like for them. If Allen succeeds, Cleveland will be his best chance actually.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease, Cleveland, take Allen.

LAJet and Sam Hammer like this.
  8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Allen should go #4 to the Browns...They should really take Barkley at #1

Giants will be shocked and may take Darnold or Chubb...

9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Huge difference between Big Ben in College and Allen. Ben was really good finishing 9th in the Heisman with 4400 yards 37 TDs and 10 Ints. Allen was very bad not even getting voted 1st or 2nd team all conference and throwing for 1800 yards with only 16 TDs. Ben took his team and made them better raising Miami of Ohio to 10th in the nation and a bowl win. Allen did nothing to raise a bad team. Big Ben dominated games in college and was the sole reason Miami of Ohio was really good. Allen disappeared during games and never dominated. Big Ben and Allen are both physical specimens but Ben is a football player as well not just a guy that looks good in shorts. This is something Allen has not shown yet.

#9 Noam, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    JohnnyJet1222 likes this.
  10. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Smokescreen. I think they are trying to bait teams like the Jets, Giants and others to see if they can get a trade offer that blows them out of the water. I think they'll take Allen or Darnold. If not and Mayfield goes one this draft could be crazy.

11. NCJetsfan

I totally, but respectfully disagree. Taking Barkley and leaving which QB they get up to chance would be a big mistake imo. They have to prefer one of the QBs. QB is more important than RB. There are quite a few excellent RB prospects in this draft. Taking Barkley #1 makes zero sense to me.

What am I missing? Please explain why you think this would make sense.

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If they prefer Allen, or maybe they really don't care which one they get, taking perhaps the best prospect in the draft as a weapon for whoever your QB is makes sense.

Poeman likes this.
  13. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

With all the picks the Browns have I agree. Select the qb you want. At 4 best available. Barkely, Nelson, Chubbor or trade down for more draft capital. They have so many picks they can trade up or back into the first round for Guidice (spelling) or Michele. No need to draft Barkely one.

14. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

makes no sense for Cleveland to take barkely 1st overall. They get the QB of their choice at 1, plus either chubb or barkley at 4. They also just signed hyde at RB as well and have enough picks to get a really good RB in the 2nd round easily with this draft class. they can land both chubbs (nick and bradley) plus the QB of their choice. that's a pretty dam good start to a draft IMO

15. NCJetsfan

Let's say the Browns prefer Allen. They would be taking a HUGE chance that either the Giants take Allen, they trade down and the team they trade with takes Allen, or the Jets take Allen. What sense does it make to take that risk, especially when there are quite a few other RBs in the draft that are very, very good?

If they prefer Allen and he pans out, then Allen and Guice, Allen and Michel, Allen and Chubb, or even Allen Kerryon Johnson would be better than Barkley and their 3rd choice at QB unless they are totally bad at choosing a QB and just get lucky.

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Except Allen did elevate his team. Look at the record with and without him. I mean they lost to San Jose st without him and that was sju’s only win.
    There is enough to criticize without making up stuff

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  17. JohnnyJet1222

JohnnyJet1222 Active Member

I don't think this means too much. Wyoming beat Hawaii with Allen only going 9-19 for 92 yards and 1 TD. They lost 3 games with him so what's the point.

Noam likes this.
  18. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I was thinking of that. It's possible.

19. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Allen averaged 164 yards for game. Nick Smith against San Jose state threw for 171. Hard to say there was a drop-off as Allen really provided little to nothing all year. Maybe they would have been better with Nick Smith all year. Certainly, the other coaches in the MWC did not see Allen as an elite QB that elevated Wyoming when they voted for all conference honors. It is very hard to say he elevated the team as he did little to nothing. Maybe a better argument is his 2017 season was not completely terrible. But it is hard to say it was anything better than mediocre. Elevation certainly, not.

20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Maybe the Browns don't need to draft a QB ?

They have signed Taylor to be the presumed number 1 and I thought they had signed a back up QB also but with out looking I can't remember his name.

What if they took one of Chubb and then Barkley or vice versa, let's face it the Browns have sucked at selecting QB's in recent times.

EDIT Stanton was the back up