17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this is still the greatest thread in the history of tgg. i remember copying your spreadsheets gecko and doing them to see how fucked up things were.

LogeSection2RowJ and CBG like this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The Jets have their own home!!! Remember that crock of shit as a selling point for PSLs? Home? Ten feet away from The Old Dump? Home! What a big, fat lie. They have no home!

#19402 jetophile, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Jets open at home week 2 against the Pack. Our opening game will have more fans supporting the opponent then the home team. I was gonna go but I get really pissed when that happens it will drive up the price. F Woody

CBG and alleycat9 like this.
  4. alleycat9

its so sad, but its almost as if the jets brass knows there are fans of many different teams in the area and know those idiots will pay whatever price they ask to see their favorite team without having to get on a plane. going to a game is an every 4 or 5 years experience at this point. its just completely not worth it. while i am glad i was able to go to alot of games when i was younger i dont even really care about not going and am happy to watch a full day of kids football instead.

CBG likes this.
  5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The only thing that sucks about not having seasons is usually wind up sitting with the opposing fans because where they sit is the cheapest area to sit. I was surrounded by pats fans last year like it was in foxboro. I am not willing to pay to sit where my seasons were

CBG and Brook! like this.
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

This is the one thing I couldn't get used to in USA. As a die hard soccer fan I could have never imagined watching a soccer game next to my nemesis. But in USA it is possible. Don't get me wrong. I respect this 100% and this shows a great civility but I can't get used to it. When I go to a Jets game I rather see Jet fans around me. Not to sound elitist or anything but those a.hole road team fans try to stay away from Mezz Club seats and that's where I watch most of the games. Yes the passion isn't there but at least those a.hole road team fans are less.

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Nice Job Woody and company,,so much for home field advantage !

sec314 likes this.
  8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Got 4 tickets to the opening game against Miami. Section 327 row 12 aisle seat. Total $300 .. No pre season games that would of cost $450 for 2 tickets and parking for 2 games. So I saved $150. Just another reason to bag seasons and buy individual games. F Chris

#19408 sec314, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
    sickandtired and alleycat9 like this.
  9. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

why would you pay that now more than 4 months out prices are only going to go down. lowers will be available for around $100/ea

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

First of all I only sit in upper deck. Secondly happy with the price. But what if darnold wins the job. Prices will go up. Disagree with prices going down but either way If I am wrong how much could they go for the first game? Remember lots of Miami fans around here are

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

If Darnold starts all bets are off, but I think that's a long shot. Assuming he doesn't, prices always start high and gradually erode over time. There could be a time when prices start going up but that wouldn't be more than 3-4 weeks out.

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I wanted to sit within the first 15 rows. Can’t see prices moving more then 10% either way. We got start winning or losing first

Brook! likes this.
  13. Brook!

First 10 rows of your old section (314) is awesome to watch a a game and see how plays develop. But I feel so much out of the game when I am at upper deck. I really didn't watch a game up there past 3 seasons. I also don't like Lower Bowl so I end up spending extra for the Mezz Club seats. The thing is Jets were bad so it was possible to buy club seats at reasoanble prices for 4-5 games. After Darnold not sure how the pricing structure work. That said, if Darnold shows that he is the guy in the next 2 years I am becoming a STH. I don't care about the financials at all. 10 years of playoff football is worth all the money.

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

They will NEVER get me back as a STH = Never. I will still pick and choose / cherry pick which if any games I go to .Last year I did not go to 1 game and if you had said that to anyone I know 10 , 20 or 30 years ago they would have laughed at you. Woody and the Jets lost me as a STH and will never get me back in that capacity. The upper deck is a joke you might as well watch the game from outer space never mind the opposing teams fans,,,Im out no thanks.

alleycat9 likes this.
  15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

. Me and my buddies are taking about getting sth next year. If we do it would upper end zones for $50 per game. I am so used to upper deck I can deal with it but it’s so much higher then the old pls e I get how u guys feel. We will see

16. alleycat9

maybe if we live to be old enough to see a new owner and a new stadium. otherwise i am with you.

CBG likes this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Alleycat, there was a time when I was like a kid on Xmas day , waiting for that invoice to come ! Going to games was a way of life , and our tail gates and the stories are still talked about . That said everyone is gone , I know 8 guys that still go to games , when years ago we had dozens ! We used to know everyone in our tailgate lot , same people each week, thats done. Same goes for our seats inside we knew everyone in our section, no more those days are long gone . I did one year in the new place , but my kids hated it so freaking high and removed from the action. Its all been said I will never go back. 314 I give you props to want to sit in the upper end zone but IMO you are better off watching at home,,,,,,heck you can go tailgate for the game day experience but stay in the lot and watch on tv rather than sit up there in gods country

#19417 CBG, May 6, 2018
    Last edited: May 6, 2018
  18. alleycat9

its really sad what they have done to their fanbase. and they are payig for it at this point. and i am happy they are. these idiots probably saw what the knicks do and figured ahh well fuck em we will fill the place with opposing fans and people who want to be seen. but this isnt the garden and while some teams fill the place not all do.

CBG likes this.
  19. Brook!

I would kill to see what you are describing at Metlife. Knowing your neighbors at the stadium, having tailgate with same people and same neighbors. It sucks that I didn't watch a single Jet game at old Giants stadium. All my Jet game memories starts in 2012 when we were at the new place.

CBG likes this.
  20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook not only did we know everyone in our section----They knew us ! Not only that but our USHER was Pete and he knew us,,,,,we had a chant for Pete ,,,,,,,on brutal cold days the guys to my left would hand me a flask,,,,,guys behind me same deal,,,,,,,,6 seats to my left sat an elderly woman her name was Rita,,,,,,,7 rows in front of us was a guy in a Klecko Jersey his name was Big Jugg,,,the guys in front of me to my right would always be there each week and one guy was divorced and had his daughter on weekends she was at every game and was named Allie,,I could go on and on-----the new place blows and so does the Jet sales office !
    edit here our tailgates were fantastic---so many stories / great times.

#19420 CBG, May 7, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
    sickandtired, alleycat9 and Brook! like this.