Will Jets fans boo if the team picks Mayfield over Rosen?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JethroTull, Apr 12, 2018.

1. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

The more I read the more I think this scenario is going to play out. How will fans react? Personally I would be very upset, and truly believe that Woody’s political affiliations would have something to do with it.

Everyone talks about Rosen’s personality, but what about Mayfield? The kid got arrested not too long again (not great decision making), and also acts like a total punk on the field.

Thoughts?

boozer32 likes this.
  2. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I would not boo. But Rosen is your prototypical QB. Mayfield could end up being another gimmick QB. Mayfield's bust rate is higher and it wouldn't make too much sense to pass over Rosen for him.

3. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

I dont think fans will boo. I follow some Jets fan accounts on instagram and the people in the comments are obsessed with mayfield

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The good news is that Chris is not like Woody when it comes to political views among other things. :)

5. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Why? I just don’t get it. At least with Josh Allen you can see how a coach would fall in love with his physical skill set. What makes Mayfield this super prospect? All I hear about is his “competitiveness”, but in reality he acts like a jackass on the field, and NFL players will easily be able to get in his head. Other than that he was great at throwing to wide open WR’s and TE’s in college.

Kris 15 and GasedAndConfused like this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

If history has shown us anything, regardless who we pick it'll probably get bood

jixxjr and CotcheryFan like this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I think there will be some boos, but as a Rosen fan, I wouldn't boo...I like Mayfield too, just not quite as much.

westiedog1 likes this.
  8. "My Favorite" is Martin

The draft isn't in NY so there will probably only be a small group of fans. It won't be like past years. I do think some fans will be upset but a lot of fans are on the Mayfield hype train.

9. SecretConnection

SecretConnection Active Member

Baker is getting booed whoever takes him. Longhorns hate OU.

Really wish I could go to the draft but it didn’t work out :(

10. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I agree Martin

Martin&theJETS likes this.
  11. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

If we get either, I’ll be happy. Both are studs imo.

12. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

That would be tough but I could see it happening like you said. If Woody pulls this and Macc doesn't have the balls to stick to his guns and make this pick for Rosen. The whole scenario will stink up the Jets for awhile. Well, except for the Mayfield fans. But being as secretive as Macc is how would we really know who was his guy all along.

13. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

I will be crying happy tears of joy.

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

BOOOOOOOOOO

15. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Not this fan. I would celebrate. Mayfield is my No.1 choice. But I wouldn't boo any selection as long as it's a QB. My approach is that the franchise desperately needs a QB. Which one, I leave up to the guys who get paid to make the decision. They're the ones who'll have to answer for their choice. On the other hand, if we moved up three spots to select Quenton Nelson, my vocal chords will be exercised.

16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

while I don't share your senitment on mayfield, I agree on fans not booing whoever we select. The only way i'd boo the pick is if it's a non QB

westiedog1 and CotcheryFan like this.
  17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

If its Baker Iam very happy. If its Rosen I am also very happy...BOTH these 2 kids have talent, moxie and swag. Which is what I think this team needs imo

Think about it.... BOTH have something to PROVE eg Rosen "my heart not into football ..and family is well off"; Mayfield not physically your pro typical QB and will bust out. Having THAT chip on your shoulder is just added incentive besides being a Rnd 1 QB

Mac has his job security hanging on this ..so I would expect a sound choice based on careful evaluation (fingers and toes crossed)

westiedog1 likes this.
  18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

If we pass on Rosen for Baker I probably will be shocked and then be ok with it. I like him as a player alot

westiedog1 likes this.
  19. jago

jago Active Member

sry i don’t follow the college game as much as others so asking..regarding bakers “onfield” behavior, is there anything else besides one crotch grab? which i understand was result of KU declining a handshake . ( which does raise the question why did they not shake his hand in the first place)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. JohnnyJet1222

JohnnyJet1222 Active Member

I am a big Mayfield guy so I wouldn't boo. I will also not boo if they pick Rosen as he is my 1b. What I will boo is if someone in our division picks the one we don't take.