Josh Rosen's Personality...you cool with it? (Article Included)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by PennyandtheJets, Apr 10, 2018.

?

Does Josh Rosen's personality concern you if drafted by the New York Jets?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    14.9%
  2. No

69 vote(s)
    79.3%
  3. Not Sure

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

This. From what I see he couldn't be more different than Woody.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Party crasher! He's not a kid! In the old days, he'd be tilling a field in the breadbasket with a horse named Nellie! If the Jets get him, I just might be happy enough to pull up my nylon compression knee-highs for my diabetes!

Signed,
    -Mrs.championjets69 :mad:

Jets69 likes this.
  3. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Since we're getting all deep and everything, what do you want out of life, Josh?
    I want to be happy, but happiness is a weird thing. You can't be happy all the time. You have to fluctuate. I want to find purpose. One of the reasons I left school early is I felt like I was chasing a bunch of different things: trying to get A's in class, being good on the field, networking professionally. Right now, I want to be the best QB that I possibly f---ing can be. When the NFL decides I suck, I want to be the absolute best at the next thing in my life.

I'm sold. I truly think the kid is all in on football.

If he is there at 3, I think I'll be devastated if he isn't the pick. And I'm a fan of both he and Baker.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Everything I've read about his personality is a gigantic red-flag, in my opinion. However, because he comes from money and has blue-blood connections, he is exactly the type of jerkoff that the Giants ownership drools over ... so I wouldn't be surprised if he's their top choice.

Personally, I think this is a two-man draft and he's one of the two, so if Darnold is gone and Rosen is still available, he's the guy you have to pick ... even with the red flags. I hope like hell the Browns take Allen and the Giants take Rosen so Darnold falls to us because Darnold is class of this draft.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Great article, thanks for sharing!

I enjoyed the whole article, but especially appreciated the following as it shows that he has matured (if sincere, and I think he is).

6. NCJetsfan

A New Yorker, through and through! LOL Keep posting, jetophile. I'm glad to see you posting more. Hope that you will continue through the season. I always enjoyed reading your posts on our old Jets boards.

7. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed the article and made me even more sure of my belief that he is not only the best Quarterback in this draft, but the perfect fit to play Quarterback in New York.

Br4d, Brook!, CotcheryFan and 4 others like this.
  8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

He is going to be a good Pro QB. I want him at #3 and have ever since the Jets traded up, as most of you know. I am not getting my hopes up with all the Mayfield talk, but Rosen should be the the pick if he is there at #3. He should be gone at #2 though, but somehow his stock dropped.

9. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I could careless about his attitude if he can throw touchdowns and win games. How many nice guy QB's have we had and gone nowhere? Maybe we need a jerk. Parcells was a jerk took us to the playoffs. Rex was a jerk last time we've been to the playoffs. Bowles nice guy...loser. Herm very nice guy lousy coach and loser. Bellicheck ultimate jerk left the Jets at the alter. How many trophies has he hoisted.

10. jetsknicks1

jetsknicks1 Member

I don’t have any problem with his personality, it’s his injuries/concussions that would give me pause when it comes to picking him.

11. The Dark Knight

I don't think that article will change any NFL minds. It's just Rosen being Rosen. You'd think Jets fans would like the cockiness. Mark Sanchez, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Josh McCown, they are pretty nice guys. Personality doesn't mean much on the football field. Its about ability. And Rosen has it.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

13. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

This was a good interview. Not sure what there is to give pause.

Rosen admitted he made mistakes like underarmor, cursing, and the hot tub. He admitted that he failed to calibrate his image and messaging, particularly with how people would take him talking about his parents. In that way, Rosen shows he understands how he set himself up with the current critiques. He seems to accept that he's not going to be the correct pick for every team, and is totally fine with that.

It's refreshing for a prospect to be honest about the challenges before him instead of being a yes-man-machine. It's certainly better for fans, who will know what their favorite team is getting into
    As opposed to finding out later that the pick is wildly unprepared (see below).[​IMG]

14. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I hear ya brother. Makes sense.

boozer32 likes this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I've suggested that possibility here before, but if it comes out that they didn't take him because of his political views, I would absolutely be done with this team until the Johnsons sold it.

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I didn't need any convincing, and I doubt Macc does either. My only doubt is that he'll be there at #3. I think the Browns take him, and if not then the Giants. He's clearly the most pro-ready QB in the draft, and is he stays healthy could be a HOF'er. If the Giants take him it will be like a dull knife in the heart.

boozer32 and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I would be all for chipping in for the billboard that said sell the team Woody. In fact I would be happy to do that now regardless of which QB is taken.

18. The Dark Knight

This was my feeling months ago but it has changed. Allen and Darnold seem to be the only QB options at #1 and #2 lately. I guess there is a possibility of The Browns taking Darnold at 1, then a team trading up with the Giants to pick Rosen at 2, otherwise he is dropping to the Jets. Then the Jets will select Mayfield, and Rosen will go to Denver or a team like that and have a HOF career. :D

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. NCJetsfan

LOL

Poeman and The Dark Knight like this.