The Mike Francesser Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Cakes, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Just so everyone knows Mike Zaun picked da Indians to win tonight. I feel better about my YOLO decision already.

2. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

He never picks this early but odds have already come out for next season

Cubs +350
    Red Sox +900
    Dodgers +1000
    Nationals +1200
    Mets +1400
    Blue Jays +1400
    Indians +1400
    Giants +1400

Cubs +350 does sound bananas to me but if he mushes it, will bet them again.

3. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Did anyone catch who Fatty mushed this time around? I listened in all last week and all I heard was him saying how much he'd like to see Yankees Dodgers. It's probably too late but I'd like to get one last fade in before he retires.

With that said, It will probably be Astros Cubs and the Cubs will repeat. He was in love with Francona and down on Maddon. Da best managah in basebawll! Da Indians are moiles ahead of da Cubs!

TommyJ likes this.
  4. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Last day of the show tomorrow. Can't believe there will be no more unintentional comedy this winter.

5. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I've listened to the show the last two days. Thought Carlin and Scott and Carlin and Gray were good. Hoping it continues.

6. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Baseball is going to be a problem for Bart Scott. You could tell he tried to talk about it today but you get the feeling he doesn't really like it. I think he's going to have a tough time at pitchers & catchers all the way up to August in New York.

I don't really have a strong opinion of the show since it's only been a couple of days but they seem really boring to me at the moment.

7. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Like Bart Scott
    Don't like Carlin
    The girl I don't know

Antoni likes this.
  8. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I agree. Baseball will be a problem for him. Luckily free agency is March so he is good then and the draft is April. May through August will be tough but I think he can grow into it.

9. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Mike Zauf and Dog were taking jabs at WFAN on Dog's show. Said they will have no one soon. IDK. I hardly ever listen to Boomer &Gio because it's too early for me. Like Joe & Evan and Somers, but I mostly listen to JJ after Dark and Tony Paige when I do tune in. Don't like the afternoon drive at all. Bart talks about himself too much. Carlin's voice is annoying. Maggie is okay.

10. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

The afternoon hosts on WFAN are complete retards together, yet their ratings are still way ahead of the Kay show on ESPN 98.7 which is vastly superior. So what that tells you is WFAN has a sticky, loyal audience that will listen to whatever crap they put on no matter what. I think it doesn't help that ESPN abandoned AM radio because they think they're so much cooler than everyone else, but for some reason people don't channel surf for sports radio

11. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I wish there were more options. I feel like I listen to both depending on who is one. Wish NBC Sports raido or someone else was an option but we are stuck with the FAN and ESPN.

12. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Just wondering what people are listening to. Between audio books, podcasts , and other stations I have not listened to either sports talk radio in the afternoon. It might change when football gets closer but even when I try to give them a minute or two it's like listening to nails on a chalkboard. Listened to Tiki and Tierney the other day on CBS radio thought it was good and they did a good interview with Luc Robitaille.

13. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Do not like Boomer so I skip his show. I usually tune into Joe & Evan first to see what the agenda is. If i like it I stay. I skip CMB altogether, they suck. With Francesa I try to catch the segments with the callers, that's the best part of the show imo. Like Somers but by then I'm all radio'd out and home already, so I hardly listen to him. If I'm up early I like to catch JJ After Dark and Tony Paige, they are great.