Fireman Ed WAS there!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFanJoe, Nov 28, 2006.

1. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

:rofl:

Geez coach...your even confusing me now.

The 5 dead is pretty damn tragic though...could have been worse..the fireman Ed of Spain fail to show one time and the grandstand collapsed..wonder if they are related.

2. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Trust me guys Ed is one cool guy dedicated to the Jets cause. He's not married but has a real babe of a long time girlfriend, Stacey. I've met her.

3. Dbrickdaman

Dbrickdaman New Member

We need Ed,no matter how much everyone says they ahte him , he gets the crowd going

4. Gator

Gator Active Member

Soooo, doing some quick math, we are 1-0 without Fireman Ed. Pretty good percentage........

5. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

Why, you interested? :eek:hmy:

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

:smile: :up:

7. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Hey, say what you will about the guy, but when 77,000 do the JETS chant in unison it's freaking awesome.

All the chants last Sunday were awful.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The only real worthy topic of conversation concerning Fireman Ed that I can honestly think of is how we can transport a message to him explaining how the team is running a lot of no-huddle and maybe we shouldn't be doing the Jets chant after first downs.

9. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Man this is stupid... iv seen him on tv and seriously i think he should just stop with the shit. I dont mind the jets chant but who cares if hes not at the game

10. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Without him to lead the chant it's a shambles!

11. greenteam

greenteam New Member

yes he is..and please remove that aviator...that broke back mountain shyt scares me..

12. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

It's absurd. To think that the rest of the country is given an impression what Jet fans are by that tool, makes me cringe. He makes Spike Lee look good.

13. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

It's actually Broke Running Back Mountain.

14. greenteam

greenteam New Member

i dont under stand y people hate him the guy is a die hard jetfan...

15. greenteam

greenteam New Member

:lol: :lol:

16. Greener Pass-tures

Greener Pass-tures New Member

I understand that some people like Ed and some don't - but I have to completely disagree with all the people claiming that the chant messes with the offense.

The only time that Ed gets the whole stadium to do the chant in unison is on kickoffs, change of possession, timeouts, etc. This is because as much power as some of you appear to believe that Ed has, he doesn't have the ability to simply raise his arms and get the whole stadium to chant. Either he needs to be put on the jumbotron or his and the surrounding sections need to do a chant first for the rest of the stadium be aware. Point being, his whole ritual takes a significant amount of time and there simply isn't enough time between plays for him to do the chant even if he wanted to. I've usually had a few in me, but I have to say that I can't remember ever seeing/hearing Ed leading a chant when it could interfere with the offense.

17. sect105

sect105 New Member

While I do not like the way that Fireman Ed handled the west side stadium thing as a spokeman, but the crowd is definately more lively when he is there. I know many people will say otherwise, but I sit directly opposite from his section and he is the only one who can get the entire crowd involved. Sure he gets his mug on the Jumbrotron, but it works...especially after a TD.

Those End to End chants in the upper deck were OK until Ed came and rendered them useless.

18. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

:rofl:

Maybe going a little far, but I agree. Luckily there's an 8 foot wall seperating Ed from the action, MSG could have used that in the Indiana series.

19. ColoradoJets

ColoradoJets Member

I liked it that way too. I have no problem with Ed, he gets people going sometimes. But I do miss the competition that used to exist between each side of the stadium. Then booing the other side after they do it because your side is always better. Either way works for me though.

20. jetsaholic10

jetsaholic10 Member

Fireman Ed starts the one thing that jets home games have thats different from the other teams. I'm not saying he started the chant, but he does start the chant now and i dont have a problem with that because he is a die hard jets fan just like us. And i sat in his section before, and he got me pumped so its good for the game