Josh Allen's Pro Day....for the haters and supporters

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rickjet, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Also a team would need to cater the entire offense around him.Scheme,play calls,protections & personnel. You’d like to think that’s true of any QB but some teams are set in their ways & don’t see it that way.

I think he’d be great in that Wilson/Prescott/Watson elite game manager role. He’s capable of commanding an offense,executing a game plan & making the big plays in big moments

2. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

This has been a two man draft for over a year and Allen is not one of the two men.

Peebag likes this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Like we haven't heard the fanboys say that a million times already. :rolleyes:

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

It's hard to see people saying things about Allen's stats. He did more this year with less. Wyoming did him no favors. He lost a 70 catch 1300 yard receiver and two safety net TEs (though his replacement WRs essentially filled the statistical void on these guys), furthermore Wyoming had no run game. Last year 2800 yards compared to 1400. Despite this, he has a better TD to INT ratio. 3 of those 6 INTs were 4th quarter fuckups when his team had been outplayed all game by Iowa and Oregon to the tone of 3+ score deficits and he had to do something.

If I'm being honest, it's tiring hearing people say things like "they tried to have him throw less". Wyoming without Allen is a 1 win team at best.

5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

While Oklahoma has been averaging 10+ wins a season for 2 decades with or w/o Mayfield.

FJF likes this.
  6. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Why would you want McCown ruining him. McCown should sit and learn from McCown. Start Bridgewater first game and never look back.

7. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

McCown not very good but he is professional Allen can learn from that

8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I believe you when you say he's not very good. But he was bought in to help Petty and Hackenberg, He failed. Instead we got 5 wins and people think he was a good signing at 10 million.

9. jetstopgun

Allen has better gifts than the 2 you’re thinking of..... I choose him because of attitude!! Will he work at his craft to be the best he can be?? I believe he will.... he has best arm I’ve ever seen and he can run .... this young man could be something very special

KurtTheJetsFan and FJF like this.
  10. jetstopgun

My brother Petty was what a third round pick for a reason... Hackenberg was a reach in the second round... he should not have been pick so high ....nobody could help those two guys ... and 10 million for a QB on a one year deal is cheap these days see cousins

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Doesn't mean you ask him to be a WR when the man is a QB.

12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

UCLA got steamrolled by Kansas State without Josh Rosen. Could UCLA have won that game with Rosen?

Oklahoma beat Kansas State by a narrow margin. Was Mayfield's role in that game inconsequential? Would they have won the same way, or perhaps performed even better without him there?

This talking point is being blown up to a ridiculous degree.

Peebag and Jets_Grinch like this.
  13. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Oklahoma has an all time great coach + have had good college qb play during that time:

Baker Mayfield
    Landry Jones
    Sam Bradford
    Jason White
    Josh Heupel

I don’t see people saying Brady isn’t an all time great because he had a great coach and other qbs won when he has been out of the lineup.

14. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

As long as its not in our division

Cman68 likes this.