Anyone Besides Darnold/Rosen at 3...We Failed

Discussion in 'Draft' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Mar 21, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

when he has no choice.

2. GasedAndConfused

anything is possible, but these forums have way overrated mayfield.

Peebag likes this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

so you didn't watch apparently. mccoy was making much better throws then baker. the chances of baker being more successful then mccoy is pretty slim

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I gotta play devil's advocate here sorry. I mean Bowles is comparing them as prospects, you can't really use what Colt has done in the NFL as point in your argument as Mayfield could have the same future. We never REALLY know.

I think Mayfield has slightly a better arm, but its not by much.

5. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

What are you, 15? What is the childish response? Youre not changing my opinion between Allen and Mayfield. Youre to thick to understand that i dont think the difference is that big a deal, just I would take Allen. But you keep hammering a dead horse trying to get me to switch positions and think if I dont I have a problem? LOL, this is idiotic on so many levels.

For the last time, leave it alone

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

So the guy who says he isn’t pigheaded hasno desire to read up on something that might help him form a better opinion? Too good.

I think you’re just upset because you’re getting pwned in the likes category

boozer32, Ralebird and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. LF911SC

If you need someone to prove to you that Allen hasnt worked with talent on the level of the others, I dont know what to tell you. How, other than to have watched him play, to have watched his offense do you want someone to prove any of this to you? You think theres a magic number that can show WRs not getting off the line, running the right routes, getting separation, etc? Everyone, anyone who has written about this very subject has said this. Its turned into an endless debate with you, its not important. You have your opinion, I have mine. Not a problem to me, apparently is for some reason to you. Mine is down the middle, I'll be happy with any of the top 4 QBs. Youre the one who hates Allen, needs to knock all over the head that Mayfield or nothing. Good for you. That you wont and cant stop is what proves youre obsessed. That in one post you say its just opinion, in more than a few you complain that I wont see it any other way. No one should be this over the top in their need to get someone to see things their way. And see someone who doesnt agree with them on a public forum as closed minded. Sometimes its just a difference of opinion, I dont get twisted over it, you and Mo do. So be it. Im done with the Mayfield/Allen discussion with both of you.

#507 LF911SC, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Josh Allen's Pro Day....for the haters and supporters
    Post by: legler82, 55 minutes ago in forum: New York Jets

Josh Allen's Pro Day....for the haters and supporters
    Post by: legler82, 47 minutes ago in forum: New York Jets

LF911SC likes this.
  9. LF911SC

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

LETS ACCEPT THE NAKED TRUTH ABOUT OUR SELECTION AND HOPE THE FRONT OFFICE KNOWS BETTER
    Truth of the matter is that all of us here at TGG have an opinion on the QB we should pick, but is based mostly on casual observations and personal preference. I would argue that most all of us, starting with me, don't know enough or even have the tools, film evaluation techniques, route analysis, personal background at the College/NFL level and the like, to remotely assess NFL talent at any position, never mind at QB.
    Fact remains that to compare one QB to another you first need to separate personal performance versus team talent, without it stats are meaningless. In fact even if we were able to extract the effect of the rest of the team to the QB performance, a very hard task, you still need to evaluate the individual characteristics of the player, field presence, acuracy, ability to read defenses, growth potential, and much more. Most caracteristics, I might add, are affected by the talent of the team. It's hard to maintain a cool head and perfect form when you are running for your life.
    I WOULD FURTHER ARGUE THAT EVEN MOST EXPERTS THAT TALK ABOUT IT DONT HAVE ENOUGH BREATH AND DEPTH NOR TIME INVESTED TO REALLY KNOW FOR CERTAIN. ITS AN EDUCATED CRAP SHOT
    So we can sit and compare, but is just an opinion...no better and worst than the next guy.
    Hence trying to use one's opinion and force it on someone else as fact is kind of ridiculous, and self serving.
    The only thing we can hope for is that our front office has done as much due diligence to reduce the variables and give as the best shot at a winner, knowing the risk of a bust is always there.
    I rather be proven 1000% wrong and get a winner, than to be proven dead right and get another bust.
    Mac...your are on the spot light.
    Sorry for regurgitating what many of you have already pointed out.

#510 LAJet, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  11. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I doubt he moved up for Mayfield. I’m not saying he won’t be great I just think he will be there at 6

12. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I think Mac just had a high grade on Allen, Darnold and Rosen. He’s comfortable with any 3. It’s not as crazy as the media has made him seem.

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

FrontOfficeFanatic likes this.
  14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Nice post LA..I'll sleep better tonight ahahah..and you are absolutely right..out of our hands

Seriously the move up to 3 was GREAT ..now the REAL problem begins..If Bowles was part of the "due diligence" we are in trouble

Pre and Post drafts I have stated that allowing Bowles to have his dirty hands in the process is akin to him making gametime decisions..triple feh

15. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Slightly better arm is being polite to McCoy. McCoy’s throws are all rainbows.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Therein lies the challenge for us. I want to believe Bowles direct influence should be nominal, and the OC and QB coach plus the scouts should be the driving factors. If I was Mac, I would independently have hired a QB guru to give me an in depth report on the top four with detailed pluses and minuses for each to bounce against my own staff.
    This one is big, as in BIG, BIG FOR US. We might not have this opportunity for years to come, and even if we did, the talent might not be there.

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Like I said, people hear what they want to hear.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I couldn't possibly agree more. I saw this his first day on the board. I tried to have a discussion with him, and it was the exact same junk. That's why I immediately put him on ignore. He just isn't worth the waste of time and energy. He thinks he knows it all.

BroadwayAaron likes this.
  19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

You have no idea what you are talking about. We have the next NFL GM registered on this board. :p

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Utter nonsense. What's clear is that you have no idea what you're watching when you watch QBs play.