Suh signs with Rams after Jets rescind offer.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NOVAJET, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I dont really care that much that Chris Johnson vetoed this if it goes against what he wants the franchise to be. You don't think the Maras/Rooneys/Krafts dont veto certain moves that they don't believe is a fit for their franchise?

I thought Mac started to go off the rails with the Suh offer because it reminded me a lot of the shopping spree in 2015 and most of those guys dont even play for us anymore. Thus far, Macs moves have been pretty good, we got younger players entering their primes who will be with this franchise for awhile. I like that Mac is now bargain hunting for guys like Pryor and that should probably be his strategy for the rest of free agency.

2. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Maybe Johnstone reminded him of the no play off mandate and that the goal this year is to grow to be a better team for the next 5 years (at least)

Suh doesn't achieve this, also after cousins we don't want to be used to up people's prices and looking like mugs.

I feel like we have acted mature and proffesional this off season with a clear direction.

It's nice to see

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

3. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I still think this Suh flirtation looked a lot like going off the rails. Yes, we backed off quite quickly, but we still stuck our nose in there.

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Hopefully Mauldin can get back to his first year form, healthy, lighter and faster. Other than that I'm not too crazy about the LBs ability to get to the QBs.

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

As predicted:

"The Jets recently rescinded their contract offer to free agent defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh. Maccagnan said it was a one-year offer, and that the Jets set a deadline for Suh to accept or reject the offer. When that deadline passed, and nothing had happened, the Jets pulled the offer. "

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

The Rams are front runners for Suh and their defensive line is going to impossible to contain with Aaron Donald and Suh up front.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Too bad you guys weren't as sorry to see Snacks go (a better player than Suh) than our offer to Suh being pulled. Many of you argued with me that we're better off without Snacks. So I guess we will be better off without Suh too.

Freddy Mondo and Bellys Lies like this.
  8. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

To determine if he's just shopping the offer around to others. Makes perfect sense.

Red Menace likes this.
  9. LF911SC

Loved Snacks, he's nowhere as good a player as Suh.

10. LF911SC

Nowhere does this say CJ made the decision, just that they talked about it and he is letting Macc make the moves and agrees. We're way too paranoid. CJ has let Macc make every other FA decision on his own, why change now?

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

^ +1. Suh was using the Jets as leverage and when you also consider how the Cousins situation played out Chris Johnson pretty much told the involved parties "this is how we're going to do business" and that the Jets are not going to be phucked with. No problem with this.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-to-stop-protests-is-a-fantasically-bad-idea/

^^^ good call CJ

#271 joe, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  12. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Because Jets offered him a lot of money and it was obvious if he didn't take it that he was shopping the Jets offer to get a better deal elsewhere. He didn't want to sign here

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Suh officially joins the LA Rams. Suh and Darnold.

Poor Russel Wilson, maybe you should try on those pinstrips again

14. GordonGecko

one-year deal for $14 million

15. GordonGecko

one-year deal for $14 million

16. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Dodged a bullet. Way too much for him.

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I’m saying good odds they are in an altercation with each other before season end.

18. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The article listed by the OP only has a portion of Chris Johnson's statement. The entire conversation tells a different story.

19. LF911SC

1 year, 14 Mil? He's worth that and more. I think they dumped out over concerns about his locker room presence. C Johnson wouldn't say why, if it was timing our a deadline why not just say so and not have questions asked. I'm not buying the timing issue, it was said all asking Suh want making a decision until after the weekend.

JetBlue likes this.
  20. LF911SC

Heard the report on CBS, Slater, who's at the owners meeting and was at the presser. He also reports that Macc was involved and Johnson agreed to pulling back. Weve spent more on others, I think it's more a personality thing combined with no Cousins were less of a win now team. Also CJ reiterated that Macc makes the personnel decisions.