Suh signs with Rams after Jets rescind offer.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NOVAJET, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Are you for real?

abc likes this.
  2. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

Not buying the deadline excuse. Seems to me ownership stepped in and forced the rescind. Not a great look for Mac

JETS1116, FlaJet and TonyFtLaud like this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Guess that means we are going d line with rd 1 pick 3

FlaJet and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Chubb or Allen if Barkely's off the board

5. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Yeah plus why the hell do you need a deadline in March?

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Look for Mike Pennel to get more playing time next year along with Xavier Cooper. They were solid at the end of the year (cept for Pennel's penalties). I don't consider the defensive line a weakness, but it would be nice to get some LBs that can rush the passer. Jenkins can set the edge, but Jets need more.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Great decision. If it came from Christopher Johnson, that is even better. Suh is a joke and in no way would make the locker room better. Making an offer is definitely a head scratcher. Not sure if it was Bowles or Mac who wanted Suh, but whichever did was wrong.

8. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I realize he was good, but for one I bet you the Jets were going to overpay him with their "highest price" offer. Secondly, hes 31 years old and probably wouldn't be too happy on a young and growing team (probably will take a lot of plays off). Lastly, while I know hes not the same kind of jerk that he used to be, he does have the history and we are building a locker room of class guys here. We also still have a lot of holes that will likely need to be addressed in 2019 and we should have some cap available to make moves.

9. Walt White

My thinking as well. Simon maybe, at least be a run stopping unit They've got to get better on the other side of Jenkins. I wanted Suh for a year because his presence up there would've really helped the young guys along, Adams, Lee et al. and made it more fun to watch til we get the right guys.

10. Walt White

Watch this johnson veto Rosen now

playtowinthegame and FlaJet like this.
  11. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Maybe the Jets will now realize that you don't make an offer to someone when they're not even willing to meet to hear what you have to say. You can send plenty of unmistakable signals to someone without being blatantly used this way.

Certainly the situations with Cousins and Suh do nothing to change the perception that the only way a player wants to come to the Jets is if they overpay, and that is not the view you want out there.

Cman68, Br4d and Red Menace like this.
  12. Walt White

A generation late and a dollar short

13. abc

abc Well-Known Member

He won't get the chance... the Giants are going to draft him.

14. Walt White

Oh, well that saves us then.

15. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I think what this shows is that Johnson is looking towards the future and not the short term fix. This bodes well for Mac & Bowles future in that he isn't expecting instant results. This sends a message to Mac & Bowles to make decisions best for the team & not their job security. In one respect I think he pulled rank on Mac in the Suh deal, but in another aspect I think he showed confidence in their long term plan. It also sends a message to the rest of the league that the Jets are not going to be held hostage by any FA. They made their offer to Suh, he didn't accept it in time & rather than be used as a bargaining chip, the Jets pulled the offer. I like the way they handled the situation:)

NCJetsfan, LF911SC and JETS1116 like this.
  16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

The safety market is very slow, tyrann lost a step with the ACL surgeries, I'd soon rather have Eric Reid but you know he's being blackballed *rollseyes*.

As for Suh, the kids showed enough promise, specifically Cooper to warrant more of a look. Get a pass rusher!

17. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

So more dysfunction surfaces at one Jets drive. Regardless of your feelings on Suh, this shows that ownership and the FO are not on the same page. Woody forced Mac's hand in FA signings and it appears Chris Johnson is doing the same. You have to wonder where the line is. How much say does Chris Johnson have over the draft,
    The smart move would have been for Chris to simply say, we have decided to go in a different direction. Instead he gave us a glimpse into the inner workings of the Franchise and why we have failed to find success.

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Agree, though the smart move would have been to say “our timeframe on the offer expired” and just left it.

19. Walt White

Just what we need, another johnson making football calls, and leading the way to moral victories.

20. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

I was all in on the Suh thing. Give me a couple of angry mean guys for the D. I just don't buy the locker room BS. We're talking about grown men not a rah rah high school team. I think Bowles and Mac were just over ruled and had to back peddle.

Red Menace, Cman68 and BacktoQueens like this.