Anyone Besides Darnold/Rosen at 3...We Failed

Discussion in 'Draft' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Mar 21, 2018.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The fact that you don’t even realize you’re doing it is part of the problem. It’s the entire problem. Someone says something, you responded back shooting it down with something you pretend it’s a fact when in reality it’s just your opinion. Someone brings up an entire study that was done on the quarterback class that puts Mayfield ahead of the pack when it comes to NFL plays and situations, you said you’re not even going to bother reading it. All the while youre telling everybody how you aren’t pigheaded and how you’re not the guy they want to get into an argument with.

It’s really not Worth talking about this anymore with you because you have no desire to see an opposing view point, you just want to shoot every single one of them down while putting yours on a pedestal. “I bet I can get more likes than you” dude are you serious? Classic Internet stuff.

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Look, you've made numerous statements that have no facts or evidence beyond your opinion to support them, as have I, as has everyone who posts here. I don't have a problem when you make these claims, but I DO have a problem when you present them as somehow more accurate or factual than everyone else's. I really think you need to look in the mirror and see how many of the "charges" you level against me and others apply to you, but I know you won't do this because you won't even read or watch things that might be contrary to your belief. As to "arguing incessantly", again, you can't seem to help yourself from responding to every comment you deem opposite your own, so who's the "incessant arguer"?

As to my question of proof that Allen's receivers suck worse than any of the other QBs, you "support" your assertion that Allen's are the worst because none will likely play in the pros. First, LOTs of college receivers are damn good and will never play in the NFL - there's only so many job openings, and a lot of them decide to pursue other careers independent of football - that doesn't mean they aren't capable of catching a football. Secondly, will every receiver that Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield threw to go to the pros? Of course not! Maybe a couple out of that entire group will, so they're having to rely on the same "lousy receiver quality" as Allen.

Calling my support for Mayfield - who is second in my preference behind Rosen BTW - an "obsession" is laughable, especially since all you've done here and in the other threads is bang the drum for Allen.

I'm all for engaging in good debate, and have proven myself open to changing my views when presented with good reasons. If you have good evidence for your position I'll certainly weigh it, and sometimes even agree with you, but I have yet to see you be that open-minded. But I guess people can change, and do when they're ready.

3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

The bad and the ugly were just that. Let Cleveland take this guy.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

You just don't pay attention an keep going on your way of arguing.

I keep telling you I don't have a problem with either QB, get why they would draft either and you still want me to see an opposing view??? Are you serious?

And of course you end each of these with you give up and don't. Lol

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Do you really think any of that matters? The point is you’re making statements and refuse to even take a look at anything that might completely blow your point to bits. There’s a reason barely anyone is taking you seriously.

Also since you brought it up, my last post got four likes WHAT UPPPPP

Edit: five likes now. BOOYA

#485 BroadwayAaron, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  6. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

I guess personally I was hoping he'd come out the gate looking a lot better, especially after the promising practice reports.

I'm also a bit hesitant to judge competition in the senior bowl, since it's a bunch of individuals thrown together onto a team with very little time to gel. The team also changed from the first half to the second half, as well as who he was facing.

No doubt he showed off his talent in the second half with some amazing touch throws. I was just hoping to see more read progressions and looking off defenders, since those are things I tend to look for to gain a feel for a QB, but it might also be because of the offense the Broncos decided to install. I didn't really notice many read progressions from any of the QBs on that side of the ball, including Mayfield.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Here’s the thing.. why are all the rumours for teams trading to #2 to draft Allen?? Not Mayfield not Rosen, Allen.

I think if both Darnold and Allen are off the board Rosen will be our pick

8. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

It's Rosen or Mayfield I hope it's Rosen. Mayfield has the swag off the field for the N.Y.market but he won't get the help ha needs on the field with the Jets

9. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

xxedge72x and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Agreed. When a prospect's head coach flat out tells us the player has coachability issues, work ethic issues, and questions their commitment to football, but fanboys STILL deny it. There are a lot of heads in the sand.
    Oh you weren't talking about Rosen?;)

12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

If Darnold and Allen both off the board we screwed up with trading. That's my biggest concern.

But I hope they go with Mayfiield at that point and stay clear of Rosen. Mayfield will be a good NFL player imo.. Rosen has more red flags than any prospect.

Rockinz likes this.
  13. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

More and more Mayfield is looking like the pick.
    There’s mounting evidence that show he is not likely to bust (vs. the other qbs) and with the Jets qb history that alone would make him an exceptional pick.

NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  14. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

All I read here is that EVERY Qb in our reach seems to have red flags in one capacity or another

Rosen - Concussion and dedication issues
    Mayfield - Attitude and prototypical size issues
    Allen - Accuracy and top-competition issues

At this point, we're arguing about which flavor of ice-cream is the best. You're never going to convince some people to change their minds. Point is, WE"RE THE JETS!

If all 4 QB's fell to us we'd STILL choose wrong and the other 3 would be HOF bound LOL

15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Whoever we take there will be faction of posters ripping the pick and actively rooting for that QB to fail to say they were right. There is really no winning with this fan base.

Rosen Fanboi
    Mayfield Fanboi
    Allen Fanboi

I hear it now

GasedAndConfused and STARoSCREAM like this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Why even bring up allen?

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

of course it isn't fact, but when is mac known to take a QB like baker?

18. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

This is an excellent point. McCoy has like half the arm Mayfield has + wasn’t nearly as good or talented in college and yet even he has carved out a solid NFL career as a backup. Pretty exciting to think what Baker could do. Good post. Tks!!

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

When is Mac known to trade up in the 1st rd?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

The sample size is small, though. He's never drafted a first round QB. He has only taken later round project guys (Petty & Hackenburg), so you can't really say that he only likes specific types of QBs when he's only drafted 2. It's possible to take Mayfield, but only if Rosen is gone when the Jets pick, IMO.