Suh signs with Rams after Jets rescind offer.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NOVAJET, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I don't think you ever heard anybody in the Jets FO say rebuild. That's a term that fans and the media make up when the team sucks. They had 90 million to spend and now the #3 pick..they had better show results THIS year or they will be gone next year.

Jets81 likes this.
  2. DefenseWinsChampionships

Srry wrong thread

#142 DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  3. DefenseWinsChampionships

Suh is known for being a dirty player. We all know that. He's also always at risk for suspension or so it seems.

But he's the type of player who plays with passion. And a mean streak. On a school yard I'd rather have him on my team than having to play against.

During an AFC Championship game against the likes of Denver (98), Indy (09) or Pitt (2010) i wish we would've had a focused and disruptive force such as Suh. In a big game I'd take Suh in my foxhole any given Sunday and twice come postseason play.

I've missed big boy Kris Jenkins since well, Jenkins himself. I want Suh.

Wilkerson.
    Harrison.
    Richardson.

All 3 have came.
    All 3 have gone.
    Oh what once was.
    But no longer is.

Our D-Line is bleeding right now.

Well. We now have the cap space to pair Leonard Williams alongside of an animal in Suh. Let's stop the D-Line bleeding.

You pull the trigger don't look back & pray Suh comes to NY focused, motivated & hungry for opposing QB's. Because if so .Our new & improved secondary is going to reap the rewards of a mean front line.

Bowles would be able to move Suh literally everywhere on the D-Line regardless of down & distance and he'll demand attention. His pressure up the middle against both the run & pass is fun to watch too.

We have not won a ring since 1969. I wasn't born until 1985. I approve Mac trying to land Suh. Nice guys finish last.

4. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

They dumped all the older players, we're one of the youngest rosters in the league. Why would anyone think we'd be back here for another rebuild in a couple of years for signing one dominant 31 year old? Because he makes us better?

BacktoQueens and HomeoftheJets like this.
  5. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

The key to this will be Bowles being able to tap into DSuh's inner marauding killer true self and bring it out in all of it's full glory. Mine it for it's bounty, pass some along to Leo and Pennel, and also watch Adam's, Maye, Lee, and Williamson feast on the remains like a pack of crazed dogs.
    Sign this swamp monster and let him wreak havoc for a year while we have Rosen in our back pocket. Beautiful.

#145 Walt White, Mar 24, 2018
  6. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

Yes, he's a scumbag, but this isn't the boy scouts... Suh would bring a nasty attitude I feel like this team is missing. He will instantly make our DL so much better. Sign this beast.

blackssmagic and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  7. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

Is he grimy or is he a legit danger to injure opponents. I absolutely don’t mind players who do underhanded things to instigate and anger opponents. As long as they’re not playing dangerous. I am onboard the anti-headshot bandwagon fully, for example.
    So being fairly ignorant of The specifics of Suh’s dirtiness, how dirty is he?

8. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

It's okay to disagree. I think signing Suh would run counter to what we've been trying to do the last couple of seasons. I didn't say he wouldn't help us this year, I just don't see the point of spending a lot of money on someone who is a one- or two-year proposition. Just my opinion.

Since1969 likes this.
  9. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

I keep reading "for the right price" or "on a 2 year deal with a 1 year out" or "for the right deal". What's makes anyone think he is signing a cheap deal or a deal with only 1 year guaranteed? Suh has always been about the money. Miami asked him to restructure at a reduced rate and he declined. Why in the world would he sign with a rebuilding team for a short or cheap contract?

The article talks about the Jets offering the most money. Do some of you think that the most money Suh can get is a 2 year contract with an out after 1 year? Really?

Jets69 likes this.
  10. LF911SC

It's ok, no problem disagreeing. I do think if you look at the face of things most of our signings are only for a year or two.

11. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

He’s pretty dirty. Multiple suspensions for stomping/kicking/after whistle contact.

egelband likes this.
  12. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

To me if Suh was going to be a Jet he would already be signed. It’s obvious that he’s using the Jets offer as leverage for the Rams or another contender to up their offer.

Jets69, jets_fan and egelband like this.
  13. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

This is my worry too. Find the team with the most cap space, tell them you’re interested, receive a juicy offer, shop the juicy offer around as your starting point to teams you really want to join.

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The Jets won't be the first team that got used in salary negotiations either. Suh is smart to leverage the Jets' offer to get as much as he can. I wonder what will happen if it backfires and the Jet offer winds up being the only one.

#154 Cman68, Mar 24, 2018
  15. LF911SC

One suspension in 2011.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Yea but the showed the replay multiple times and talked about it a lot so.....

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  17. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

I can’t take it anymore... when is this mother fucker deciding!!!!

Walt White likes this.
  18. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Exactly. And, to be honest, he'd be crazy not to go to Los Angeles if there's a decent offer on the table there. He and Aaron Donald wreaking havoc on opposing offenses for a legitimate contender, with a terrific offense on the other side of the ball, makes far more sense than coming to New York where there will be a rookie QB and a GM and coaching regime that could be entering their final season.

CBG likes this.
  19. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I fully expect him to sign with the Rams in the next 12 hours.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Don't expect, just hope.