Anyone Besides Darnold/Rosen at 3...We Failed

Discussion in 'Draft' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Mar 21, 2018.

1. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Ok

So am I, BTW.

alleycat9 likes this.
  2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

And good vision. You don't necessarily have to be tall to see and understand the field well. The more you understand the field the better you see it, the better you're anticipation becomes.

LF911SC likes this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The more you post the more I realize why you don’t want to read the SI piece.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Head and shoulders above Average IQ especially coming from. 2 Ivy League parents..

Guys he as smart as Fitz but thankfully ALOT more talented!

If it's between him Mayfield and Allen all I can say is he will be the smartest kid in the room

Too bad about those concussions

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

First, I rarely read those guys any more. More often than not, they're ALL wrong. Kiper, Brooks, Mayock, all of them. I watch for myself.

I'd say that they're nuts. I'd point out to all of them how many times they have been utterly, completely wrong in their evaluations (more often than they've been right).

In Mayfield's case, I'd point out that you don't master an offensive system unless you have a high football IQ which greatly increases the chances of one being successful in the NFL. I'd point out that he has a strong, very accurate arm and can make all the throws. I'd point out his efficiency, his play under pressure, his ability to extend plays and create, his mobility and his intangibles. I'd point out how Mayfield thrived in a system that places a high value on YAC (sound familiar?), and how his accuracy on play action and on bootlegs makes him a perfect fit for Shanahan's/Bates' version of the WCO.

#445 NCJetsfan, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    Borat, SoylentGreen and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. NYJetsO12

Put all 4 of these kids in a room and Mayfield will win the attitude contest hands down..TREMENDOUS DESIRE TO WIN

It will take a little time to learn how to pass over 6 5 lineman but he will learn fast ..imo

He is not as big and strong as Allen BUT possibly as ready to play NOW as Rosen/Darnold are..that could make the difference

SoylentGreen likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

The only thing that is obvious and crystal clear is that you have a bias against short people (or at least shorter QBs) since you refer to him as a "little squirt." Sorry that you are so biased and your ability to look at a situation objectively so limited and narrow.

8. NYJetsO12

Thanks NC I needed that lol
    Really respect your opinion

Did you watch the Senior Bowl ..?? I was hoping for a better performace from Baker..but he got there later and he just left his Mom at the hospital..was this the reason he didn't wow as much as Allen ?

9. NCJetsfan

Didn't get to see it. I don't have NFL Network, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway. I wound up having a rehearsal. I really wanted to see it this year more than ever. Made me sick!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

Guy, you admitted in another post that you basically listen to what the "experts" say, so stop with the nonsense that you watch for yourself and come up with your own opinion. If you honestly have watched Mayfield much at all and came up with the idea that Mayfield is the biggest project of the top 4 QBs, then either your vision or your analytic abilities are fakakta or both.

11. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I've seen a lot of Allen and a lot of his incompletions are awful. And let's not forget all of his completions are not exactly perfectly on the numbers either. There are plenty of instances he threw 4 bad balls in a row but receivers made plays on 2 of them. 2/4 when it should be 0/4

Do you realize how rare it is for an inaccurate college passer to become an accurate pro thrower? Why will Allen all of a sudden buck the trend? He's a loose cannon who will never make it.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

^ just as rare as a short big 12 QB thriving in the NFL

13. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

You can’t win using logic like you did in your post.

Pro-Allen folks will tell you how they don’t care about % in college when judging accuracy. Also they will accuse you of not watching any tape of Allen.

14. forevercursed

Mayfield is actually over 6 feet (6 feet and 3/8ths) at 22 he may yet hit 6'1. When I was 22 I was about the same as him and ended up a shade over 6'1.

There are two QB's shorter than Mayfield currently thriving in the NFL. Brees and Wilson. Both with Super Bowl Rings.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. forevercursed

Allen may not be ready for 1.5 to 2 years. Josh Allen only has 25 career college starts. Mayfield has 48

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Actually his inaccuracy is due more to his poor throwing/anticipation than his his"lousy" receivers. And he makes quite a few throws off the run which he resorts to too quickly. Moreover, when he does run, he seems to lock into the idea that he can't throw, he tucks the ball and becomes a RB. He doesn't try to stay in the pocket, he takes off, almost always sideways or even backwards and then as he runs out of room he launches throws out of desperation. He's just not a refined QB. I think he should've stayed in school another year.

NCJetsfan and SoylentGreen like this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

And that's why Mayfield is a better choice than Allen.

NYJetsO12 and SoylentGreen like this.
  18. LF911SC

You do realize that inaccurate isnt completion percentages? Yeah, hes a loose cannon, thats what he is. Can you come up with something else that no one other than a handful of people who just have to pound a dead horse over and over again? Heres something for you though, if youre going to make shit up, stay away from his receivers saved him from even worse numbers. Allens WRs are easily the worst of the QBs, no one had an easier time padding their stats than Mayfield. From the weakest competition, to the best team in relation to competition, to his spread offense, to his short passing game throwing to the most wide open WRs. If you dont admit that youre kidding yourself and selling a BS story.

19. LF911SC

Thanks for clearly those misconceptions up. Any more negative cliches you can dig up? His WRs suck. Unless you can actually name one, take the ones who will find themselves playing in the NFL first. Then heres another one for you, Allen is miles ahead of all but Darnold at passing on the run. The not refined line is a new complaint. The draft cant come soon enough, the desperation posts are getting tiring

BacktoQueens likes this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

I'll make you a deal: you start providing specifics for your claims and opinions and then I'll do the same.