Anyone Besides Darnold/Rosen at 3...We Failed

Discussion in 'Draft' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Would you have said this about hackenberg? Cause...... Ya know.......

2. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Baker Mayfield has the very critical ability to throw the ball with incredible accuracy and consistency. Something that Allen cannot do and something that history strongly suggests he will never do. Mayfield also has a long and impressive track record as a 4 year starter in college.

Mac needs results and needs to show he picked the right QB. Mayfield can get on the field this year. Allen is such a project that he needs at least one year if not 1.5 or 2 full years. If Allen makes it he'll only start getting it year 3. Mac and Bowles don't have the time for a project. And after the Hackenberg error they're not going to the well again with a guy that has some of the same red flags. Plus he only has what...25 starts under his belt? Come on Mac isn't risking it all on him.

If Rosen and Darnold are gone it'll be Mayfield

His height issues are overblown as well Mayfield detractors make it seem like he's 5'9. He's a legit 6 and 3/8ths and at 22 may yet grow a bit at his age (I did). So by the prime of his career he'll be 6'1 or 6'1 and 1/2. That's acceptable.

3. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

"I was never really a Patriots guy" - Josh Rosen

Draft this BEAST

All Gas No Shake, Borat, Aero and 4 others like this.
  4. Ozymandias

Walt White likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

said what?

6. GasedAndConfused

it's not "my opinion" it's all the reports on what the jets are thinking

my opinion is though, this forum is totally overating mayfield and he doens't do anything you said he can do.

7. forevercursed

Most of the reports you hear now are BS. Remember how we loved Trubisky last year and turns out we didn't give a shit about him? Look at the work we're doing around Mayfield. Doesn't sound like a team that's not interested in him

I think they'd take Rosen over Mayfield but the Giants, if they're not morons, will take Rosen at 2. So that leaves Mayfield vs Allen at 3 and Mayfield wins that

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

every team does their due diligence. we never had a chance to draft trubisky so who cares what they say about later. people are acting as if mayfield is the next tom brady, when he's likely the next colt mccoy.

9. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Literally what is quoted more specifically: "he's not an NFL QB, he's a guy who has benefited from the college systems to put up good stats, but will never cut it in the NFL. No way mac drafts [blank]".

The good stats part wouldn't even apply. Point I'm making if you never foresaw mac drafting hack can't say "oh no way mac drafts 'so and so!'" Like you know for sure

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

hackenburg wasn't drafted 3rd overall as our FQB. he was drafted in the 2nd round as a flyer off chance he could be a FQB. obviously he didn't pan out.

Also everyone knew myself included, that mac was going to draft hackenburg in the 2nd. there was no secret about it

11. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

He said he was a Peyton and Eagles fan growing up. He also slipped saying that the Giants aren't an ideal team for an Eagles fan (out of context). That has to take him off the board for the Giants right?

13. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Addendum: Talking about Brooks' player evaluations/rankings, and scouting reports as of 3/21, 1:35 pm :) As well as Jeremiah and Mayock. Mock is a different animal.

14. Ozymandias

Lol

15. forevercursed

Please, McCoy didn't have 1/10th the arm of Mayfield or big play capability. A better comparison would be Allen to Jeff George. Allen will be a less arrogant Jeff George

NCJetsfan and Walt White like this.
  16. forevercursed

ha. And you know it would've been easy as he was a California kid just like Brady.

17. forevercursed

Ultimately none of this will matter. But it is kind of interesting growing up in California how Rosen became an Eagles fan. Unless his family is originally from that area

18. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I’ll be happy with Josh Allen...reminds me of Brett Favre...which means he will throw some awful interceptions to lose us games but also single-handedly win us a some big games.

19. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

I still don't get the love for Mayfield unless you never watch game tape and only look at stats (btw, stats should be used to confirm what you see on tape - not the other way around). Mayfield is the biggest project out of the top 4 QB's since he's going to have to learn how to play under center, how to throw passes other than screens, and how to fit the ball into tight spaces. I'm kidding about point #2, but seriously, Mayfield threw a lot of screen passes that bloated his stats (hint: watch the tape).

Peebag likes this.
  20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I look at Mayfield’s tale and see the footwork and mechanics of someone who can be a good QB. I see the accuracy of a star. I see the speed of a playmaker. The only thing I don’t see is a tall QB.

ColoradoContrails likes this.