Suh signs with Rams after Jets rescind offer.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NOVAJET, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Jetphan73

Jetphan73 Active Member

How do you know we are "over paying" since no one knows what was offered? Maybe we have offered him 1 year for $5mm and we are the highest bidder. Can we at least wait until we get specifics? I don't like this guy at all, but he still commands a double team on virtually every play. Someone earlier said he was MO #2 which is way off the truth. We still have money to spend, there are not a lot of quality free agents left to spend it on other than EJ Gaines, so why not sign him for a year since we HAVE to spend a certain amount this year that we have not reached yet?

2. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

We have a ton of cash so if it's a short term deal we can get out of after this year I'm fine with it...otherwise this won't end well.

Jetphan73 likes this.
  3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

he also isnt commanding a $19m a year salary

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Either his character has changed, or Mac and Bowles changing the culture of the Jets is a joke (or along with Anderson, they're changing it from bad to worse. Maybe they should bring Sheldon back. LOL).

Brook! likes this.
  5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Suh isn't commanding a 19M salary anymore either..

6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It was just a matter of time before the pressure from the fans and 2 losing seasons got to them.

Let's see what he does in the draft with the QB choice. I'm not worried about picks 3-7 to tell you the truth.

They bought themselves more time by going all in on the QB. If they had not done so and he had another below average draft and team went 5-11 with Mcown we know what would happen.

7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

did it say what we offered?

8. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Pass. Heavily decline, not worth whatever he gets paid.

CBG likes this.
  9. BacktoQueens

not that I'm aware of...

10. NCJetsfan

Exactly. Why anyone would want Sheldong back is a real head scratcher. He did nothing his last 2 years here and has done nothing with Seattle. He's unmotivated and lazy, as well as being stupid. No way we want him back!

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I would like Suh for 1 reason: No more excuses for Bowles. He has a great secondary. Solid linebackers, especially if Lee keeps progressing, and a front with Williams, Suh, McLendon, etc. That should equate to a Top 10, or even Top 5 Defense. If him and his best pal Kacy Rodgers can't accomplish that with that roster, they truly are hopeless.

LAJet likes this.
  12. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Everyone in this thread excited about Suh hitting/crippling/murdering while eating the children of Brady like Suh hasn't been playing in the same division as him for 2 seasons with no impact whatsoever

NYJetsO12 and IDFjet like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

I know they used McClendon some and DE last season, but he's played NT most of his career. They have Pennel and McClendon at NT already. Are they gonna keep 3 NTs again, or will they play McClendon solely at DE?

14. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

This would be a typical Jets signing, dude hasn't done squat in years, getting up in age, only cares about the $$, let's blow it all!!

Br4d likes this.
  15. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...mukong-suhs-biggest-offer-has-come-from-jets/

According to this article the Jets have given the biggest offer, and they haven't even met with him yet. It's a little bit worrying. My hopes are that this is just because most teams are low balling him.

But you're right, we don't know what the offer is at the moment so it's impossible to tell if they are overpaying, however Suh has stated that he wants to go to the highest bidder.

Also the spending minimum is for a 4 year period, so they aren't required to spend it all. I was hoping they'd leave around $20m to carry over for next year (after factoring in draft picks), which leaves them with like 7-10 million to spend on Suh. I'm really hoping they didn't offer much more than that and it better not be long term, unless nothing is guaranteed after the first year, so they can get out of it. Macc has been good with those types of contracts so far, so we will see.

There is no doubt that he would improve our defensive line. I just prefer to keep the team young at this point. Somebody just mentioned to me that he was the #5 ranked interior Dline man last year, and I had no idea because I had only heard the negative press from Miami about him "freelancing."

#95 Sam Hammer, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  16. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

Ian Rappaport just now on NFL Total Access reports all offers for Suh are “over 10 million a year”.

17. BacktoQueens

[​IMG]
    Suh likes that..

18. BacktoQueens

move over Calvin Pace, coz Ndamukong Suh is also watching you masterbate..

[​IMG]

19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

He will want to come here knowing Uncle Toddy will give him a pass and he can pad his bank account..if he is declining and the Dolphins let him go how does he all of sudden getBETTER coming to the Jets?

Tampa Bay was the big winner getting JPP from the Giants for some third round picks...but JPP was beasting it up for them

This FO is just looking to throw money around and make a splash

Since1969 and CBG like this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

the dolphins were paying him way too much. if we gave him something short term and reasonable with an out after 1 year i'm all for it. mac isn't going to give him the mega deal he had with Mia