Jets acquire #3 overall pick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Mar 17, 2018.

1. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

All I ask for is that Teddy get an honest shot, and after the season is over an honest assessment based on talent and making the Jets the best team they can possibly be.

If there's no polotics involved then only health can stop him. However, I'm not naive enough to believe polotics won't play a huge roll in his end-of-season outcome.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i'd be suprised if he didn't get a fair shot to win the starting job. he could also stay on in 2019 as well. i can't imagine mccown playing in 2019

zace likes this.
  3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Yeah, like i said, there is definitely no consensus on that. Rosen had a better year because hes a better player. Hes more accurate, his footwork is better, his delivery is better, he has better ball security. Darnold isnt garbage but hes not a better prospect by any margin. The best since Luck is also a stretch for a few reasons. He does compare to luck with ball security issues.

Darnold needs more work that Rosen or Mayfield, hes more of an qb who improvises alot. That will work in college, but it will not work in the NFL if he doesnt develop the rest of his game.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

He's gonna get a honest shot. Rest assured. Polotics won't matter

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  5. DarrelleRevis.Human?

If we draft a QB all bets are off. The FO of a lot NFL teams are slowly letting go of their old ways of thinking and reacting to talent when it presents it's self. But when its a QB and he's a top 3 pick...

I'm not optomistic.

6. GasedAndConfused

when grading prospects they go by talent and potential. rosen has the better stuff as you said, but all that can be taught by the coaching staff. rosen is the better player for 2018, but darnold is the better player for the next decade

7. DarrelleRevis.Human?

I hope you're right. Because in the official Jets video of him walking around in 1 Jets dr, that leg sho looked spry!

8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Not faulting you, but thats faulty logic and thats why GMs get fired. The tape doesnt lie, Rosen is the better player and if both players learn at the same rate, Rosen will always be better. I have not seen anything thay says Darnold will pass him. I feel like hes the anointed QB and thats where this praise comes from. Plus hes a USC QB. Hows that worked out for anyone?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Worked fine for the Bengals for a while and the Cardinals for a few years.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

Rosen doens't have much to learn, he just doens't have the talent level of darnold. Many times though players just never reach their potential. any draft pick is a risk. rosen has the reputation of being a dick and that may never change and that kind of attitude ruins a career. There is never a surefire thing in the draft

11. Walt White

I'm looking forward to seeing him play too. There is no good reason on earth for them to not let him beat out McCown if he is able. It would turn out to be a coup for them to see Tedy put it together and approach his promise before he got hurt.
    As a matter of fact I'm gonna go look at that video now. :)

12. GasedAndConfused

i'm sure he'll get a fair shake. people here complained petty and hack never got one and called it rigged and blamed bowles, but the real reason was petty and hack sucked. If teddy B is healthy and plays we'll he'll beat out mccown

13. zace

zace Well-Known Member

No it didnt. Even when that team was stacked he wasnt great. Palmer is one of the most overrated qbs ever drafted. And honestly if you want a fair comparison, Darnold is more comparable to Sanchez if were being honest. Hes not a 3 year plus starter, he doesnt have great mechanics and hes raw. He needs time, and theres no guarantee he will fix everything. This is a fair evaluation. Its not overly positive nor negative.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Thats something we both agree on, there is no surefire thing

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I cant imagine he won't beat him out.

16. GasedAndConfused

he suffered a huge injury, there is no guarantee he is the player he once was, or that he doesn't blow it out again. that's' why mccown was necessary.

17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

True, but i think hes a superior talent. Plus Minnesota claims he could have played better than keenum of he started. So well see

18. GasedAndConfused

he's more talented the keenum for sure, but again health risks means we needed a backup plan better then a rookie, petty, and hack. which is what we would have had without mccown

zace likes this.
  19. Walt White

Yep. Simple as that. I think it's a long shot but there's no ulterior motive for Bowles to not let Tedy play if he's playing better football. It's likely Bridge will get a good look to set him up for the backup QB role at least. I never bought any of that about Bowles and those two last year for a second.

CotcheryFan and GasedAndConfused like this.
  20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I think McCown will have a slight edge initially because of familiarity. But whoever we draft will see a lot of preseason play, thats for sure

NCJetsfan likes this.