Jets acquire #3 overall pick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Vida

Vida Active Member

We're not trading up to 3 for a RB. With the shelf life these guys have in the game it would be downright idiotic.

HomeoftheJets and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

3. Walt White

Getting a good laugh out of that one.

AlexJETS and xxedge72x like this.
  4. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Was that IK Enemkpali :)?

Walt White likes this.
  5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

LOL so I lack between the ears because I compared 2 prospects who put up virtually identical numbers in the same conference running similar types of offenses? Note I'm comparing them as college prospects not their past and potential NFL careers. Despite feeling Mayfield shares with Geno the trait of sometimes throwing the ball late, I don't think Mayfield is destined to fail the way Geno did. Mayfield has a high football IQ something Geno lacked. In the right system, I think Mayfield can do well. I think the ideal spot for him is NO. If he makes it past the top 10, which I think he will, I can see the Saints trading up to secure him.

That Air Raid comment is hilarious considering anyone who has ever ventured into the Draft forum knows I'm was and still am the biggest Mahomes fan on this board, even way back when some board experts were labelling him a mid round draft pick. I'm curious if all you Mayfielders think he is a better than or the same caliber prospect as than Mahomes. I guess the fact many of you think he should be drafted as high as 3 answers that question. As much as I find that laughable, I won't question what you have between your ears.

6. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

The problem with this thread is that it’s the thread from Mars as far as some of the comments. Here are the facts: they move up to 3 because they like three QB’s: Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen. That’s it. They didn’t move up to 3 to pick Mayfield. There is absolutely no chance of that happening yet he’s mentioned all over the thread. They’re also not taking a non QB. They love Allen cause of his arm. They love the other two cause of their overall play. That’s it. These are the three.

legler82 likes this.
  7. legler82

You of all people ROFLMAO makes me feel good about my post. Hey have you watched Jets game yet?

8. legler82

I'm starting to think Mayfield is a leader of some kind of cult. The worshiping is strange.

Ralebird likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He wasn't saying that you lack between the ears. He said that you were suggesting that Mayfield lacks between the ears.

No way Mayfield falls past 10. I don't think you could be more wrong about him.

Mahomes has better arm talent than Mayfield and better height/size. That's it, and you know that I really liked Mahomes and wanted the Jets to draft him, but knew they wouldn't. IMO Mayfield is a better prospect in every other way.

10. NCJetsfan

You are so incredibly lame throwing that crap up yet again. Truly pathetic! I could care less that you don't respect me, but does that somehow make you feel better about yourself? You're the one that compared Mayfield to Geno, and you can't even understand what you read well enough to understand that XXEdge wasn't saying that you lack between the ears.

What's strange is some self-proclaimed QB expert can't see the talent that Mayfield clearly has. You'd lose a lot of credibility and respect even if you were a civil poster to me, but being you are who you are, you lose about all credibility. You're as bad as the other guys who immediately rule out Mayfield because he played in a spread offense in the Big 12 and isn't 6'4".

You shouldn't feel so good about yourself. You need to have your vision checked.

#930 NCJetsfan, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    K'OB likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

You don't know that. You're full of it.

12. legler82

In what universe does throwing the ball late suggests Mayfield lacks something between the ears? SMH

13. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Damn how’d you get access to Mac’s draft board??

14. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Mahomes was an absolute beast, I don’t think Mayfield is on his level. That being said, I would’ve taken Mahomes #1 overall and I’d be comfortable with a less physically gifted version of him at #3.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. legler82

If Mahomes played with the talent Mayfield played with he would have thrown for an additional 2,000 yards on top of the ridiculous video game like 5,000 he threw for with sh*t around him.

16. legler82

ROFLMAO

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If Mahomes was in this draft, I'd be hard pressed to pass him over. I still like Rosen, but his injury history is a question, although I still take him over everyone else, but add Mahomes to the mix, and I think I go with Mahomes. His arm is every bit as big as Allen's if not bigger, and while his mechanics are unorthodox, he really reminds me of Elway and his ability to manufacture things out of nothing.

18. Walt White

He got Mac's memo as Mac was walking out of Mayfield's Pro Day. Right before Mac decided to trade up to the #3 afterwards.

#938 Walt White, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    Big Cat likes this.
  19. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'm a big Notre Dame fan, so I mostly watch Notre Dame, some big rivalry games, and most of the major bowl games. That being said, I haven't seen enough of any of these guys to form a strong enough opinion. My biggest concern is that our GM selected a quarterback in the second round that not only hasn't seen the field in two years, but is probably going to be off the team next year. I'm really worried that he has any idea what he's doing when it comes to evaluating QB's. Hopefully he gets it right this time and we have our quarterback for the next 10 to 12 years.

20. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

I do know that. It’s obvious to know that. This thread consistently putting Allen behind Mayfield. That’s not reality.