Jets acquire #3 overall pick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Mar 17, 2018.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The only way THAT happens is if the Giants feel they can roll with Eli OBJ and Saquon B to a Super Bowl...could happen who knows..then with Rosen/Mayfield for us it's a win win my friend!

2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

His bowl game along with the Senior Bowl are very big reasons why I like the guy..
    He stepped up huge in both.

I was waiting on the Senior Bowl in particular, as they weren't running long developing plays, and the talent playing field was leveled.
    He answered the call.

To me he already looks very comfortable under Center, and in play action.
    Coming from a pro style system, he has a leg up in that facet.

When he had a clean pocket, his footwork was very good.
    Too often though that pocket would immediately break down. He showed good escapeability, ability to extend plays and make excellent throws on the run. But he also showed poor footwork at times in those situations, throwing off one foot, throwing too hard, etc...which is not uncommon when needing to make something happen.
    That is why the Senior Bowl was important to see side by side comparisons with the same line, and with WR's that get separation.

He will need a line to protect him, which goes for all the other prospects as well.
    At least we know Allen is durable, can take a hit, and can play in harsh elements.

jetfan59 likes this.
  3. NYJetsO12

Clearly see how we go to a SB now..Rosen and BM throwing at a fish net ahaha

4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Here is the difference between me and the rest of you guys. I don't read articles about these players or look at the box scores; I just watch the games and formulate an opinion. My eyes have rarely failed me. I loved Mariota, Wentz, Mahomes months sometimes years before they became the flavor of the month. I don't care what those %s say when I watch Allen play I see a kid who is NFL accurate as long as he is not trying to puncture a hole in his WR's chest. The only thing I don't have a gauge on is the why elected too often to rocket the ball causing his mechanics to go to sh*t. Is it because WRs could not separate, is he late on his reads, can he not help himself...etc. Senior Bowl week was promising but I don't if it's a habit he can break.

I don't get the importance of the strength of schedule; he beat every team he faced that wasn't a big FBS school. The only non FBS games they lost was when he was hurt. W/o him in the line-up Wyoming looked like JV high school football team.

Brook! likes this.
  5. legler82

I'd much rather Rosen but I'd take him over Mayfield.

6. NYJetsO12

Carson Wentz played on an FCS team Can you compare him with Allen?

7. legler82

LOL...yet, if he struggled, you and the rest of the Allen is Hack 2.0 crew would be aIl over it. Anyway, I was more impressed by his improvement throughout week and how he took on to the coaching. Also, he was the only QB on the North side to have any success in that extremely restrictive watered down environment. W/o him they could barely move the ball.

Am I the only one that finds it ironic a Mayfield fan is talking about watered down anything; isn't the Big 12 the definition of watered down offense and defense?

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I watch the games too. This is where my opinion came from. You asked for reference, I provided some. You have yet to offer any in return, besides to suggest that you have a unique eye and that the rest of us are mindlessly following media outlets. I think I've given enough evidence to support my case at this point. Up to you to defend yours, if you wish.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. Paulie G.

Paulie G. New Member

I don't understand all the crying about moving up the draft AND not having to give up a #1, SERIOUSLY?!?! We could of use those 2's for impact players in other areas of need or one of the QB's would of fell to us without giving away those picks they say. Jets fans crying about #2 picks with OUR history?!?! Maye and if you go back nearly 40 years, Gastineau notwithstanding. Also crying about $10 mill to McCown to be possible starter/back up insurance/mentor-coach/vet team leader, could of paid him less they say, how do you know? Like it's their $. More crying about why did we get Teddy then? We've needed a QB forever and the Jets are making the moves to make it happen. Instead of crying about it, sit back buckle up and enjoy the ride!! In a few years if it doesn't work out then you can cry about it and say I told you so. Ok, just had to get that of my chest. I get it, you crying fans want what's best for the Jets and so do I. I like these moves and they can cover the lost 2's in FA the next few years, other trades and off of waivers. Jets are on the rise!While Mac and Bowles are still here, lets HOPE they prove the haters wrong and learn from their mistakes and take us to the promise land. Mac got aggressive, now it's Bowles turn when the games start. Just sayin' J-E-T-S... You know the rest

10. legler82

Carson was way more polished, accurate and just a better overall prospect. Allen is more physically gifted if that is even possible.

11. legler82

I totally respect your opinion if it indeed yours but I personally don't give a sh*t nor do I see the relevance of fractional differences between Hack and Allen CMP% or opponents winning %.

12. legler82

When you are under constant pressure, you develop bad habits.

13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

My favorite is when people think watching a game makes them the be all end all of QB opinions.

14. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

I’ve watched all the games/tape I could find on all of these guys...

A question for the pro Allen guys. What NFL qb does Allen remind you of? Can you name one modern era guy who came into the league with his raw skill set (below 60% completion, poor feel of the game) and actually developed into a quality starter?

I think everyone sees the big arm and dreams of a guy being undefensible across the entire field.

I’d love to believe in Allen, I just don’t see it.

15. legler82

Well it can't top looking at stat lines and reading a couple articles and posting how a guy sucks or is the next whoever.

Ralebird and TonyFtLaud like this.
  16. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind a back field combo of Barkley and Bridgewater as I see a very exciting combination to help push the offense to another level. But, and this is a big but, I don't think the Jets intended to go to 3 only for the #1 intention of drafting a RB. That would tell me that they are 100% the Giants won't take him and, that my friend is risky business. They have 3 players in mind, imo. I have a good feeling Rosen is #1 and Darnold is #2. If Mayfield is #3 fine but I wouldn't mind Barkley at 3B. But then you have to be confident that Teddy takes the reins, and with his injury, that's also risky business.

17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The point is plenty of people watch games and tape and have differing opinions. On literally every player. There’s a reason teams have different boards and analysts have people pegged in certain orders.

Your eyes aren’t the only set. Spare everyone the “see I watch tape and you don’t” crap.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. legler82

I see some Blake Bortles in him. I'm not an Allen guy. My only arguments are that: he is NOT Hack, he is NOT as inaccurate as his CMP% and IS a legit top 10 prospect. There's just WAY too much hyperbole when it comes to Allen; I feel compelled to provide a counter.

HomeoftheJets and Attackett like this.
  19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

If you've watched his games, tell me why you think his skill set is raw, and why you feel he has a poor feel of the game?

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Have.