Could it be the stars are aligning for the Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Mar 11, 2018.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

When I argue trading the 6th pick for Luck is similar to using it on Mayfield or Allen, it isn't my job to point out the differences. It's yours if you want to disagree with me, I don't need to provide counterexamples against my own argument. You're free to think the comparison is a bad one, but I don't think it is. In both cases we use the 6th pick on a 20 something year old QB who may or may not work out for us.

2. HomeoftheJets

I was responding to a post that said Indy wouldn't trade a healthy Luck. So I brought up Brees to provide an example of a team trading a QB with an injury history who got healthy. That is all.

3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

This is where the lunacy of this years draft has gone. You think 3 QBs....in this one draft are better than Luck? You are out of your mind.

PJ4Ever, JetBlue and HomeoftheJets like this.
  4. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Did Luck have the #1 running game and the #1 defense? Ahhhh, what a wonder it is to do some research.

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

It’s not your job to point out the differences, it’s your job to construct argument without differences if you want to be viewed as either rational or truthful. Are you admitting there are differences to those situation that you are ignoring and thus admitting you are either unreasonable in your argument or deliberately being untruthful to make a false argument? Or are you admitting you don’t see the differences between drafting a rookie who may fail and trading for an injured QB that may fail, and thus the only factor that matters in the situation is the potential to fail?

Your response should be interesting.

6. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I'm trying to juggle in my mind if it is even plausible to think that Indy would be even be shopping Luck around considering how much he has played the last 2 years with those injuries? He is probably at the lowest value point for them to receive anything worth their salt. Based on Luck's questionable health, there' no way any team would risk high top 10 1st rounder. There would have to be an iron clad guarantee that Luck is 100% to play day one. Luck still has his youth to make it a hopeful endeavor but if I were Mac and he got a phone call from Indy, throw a #3 but no more!

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Except the Chargers didn’t trade Brees; they had already drafted Rivers the year before and let Brees walk who was a free agent.

stinkyB and HomeoftheJets like this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

Constructing an argument without differences is an impossible standard. I'm not sure where you even got that from. Do you go after every poster who compares a draft prospect to an NFL QB because there are differences between the prospect and the NFL QB that the poster doesn't mention? I made the argument I did because I think the similarities are more relevant than the differences. If you want to argue otherwise that's fine but there's no need to attack me over it.

9. HomeoftheJets

My mistake. The Colts letting Peyton walk knowing they had the top pick is a better example.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Drew Brees was a free agent.

Now your argument is even dumber.

Jets69 likes this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

There are legitimate concerns about Luck. IMO talent Is not one of them. He is as close to becoming elite with a sorry team as you can get. He is in my opinion a legitimate top ten. Health on the other hand is a huge concern. Comparisons to Sanchez are just crazy, as the comparisons to Breeze.
    Complete different set of circumstances. Breeze was let go because of Rivers and money. Indy has nothing close to Lucks talent now nor could they find it in the draft. So if they let go of Luck then buyer beware. The man is a high health risk.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Nope. Did not see that coming at all actually. :confused:o_O

13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Imagine Mac signs Geno Smith to a 35 million a year contract tommorow....the reaction would be epic

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  14. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

If there were a chance Luck became available I’d do it in a heartbeat

15. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Did someone just compare Andrew Luck to Mark Sanchez and Cade Mcnown? This place has become worse than Facebook.

PJ4Ever, boozer32 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  16. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Super Bowl? With New England in the Jets division, never gonna happen.

17. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Luck is young but he's got beat up tread on those tires. I wouldn't want. It would be different if he had a great season but he missed all or most of last year. Unless they are giving him away and even then I wouldn't want him.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Well you don't have the best of records so far (Carr promises much and fails miserably to many games, Mahomes, well we will see what he is about next season, see if he can live up to his HOF reputation on this board), So can you clarify which one of those three (Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield) is your favourite and we can get Mac to ignore him ;)

Maybe Mac will go out and get Barkley instead :cool:

boozer32 likes this.
  19. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I hope the bills do get Andrew Luck. lol

Pleeeease do it Buffalo

20. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Andrew Luck will be an Indianapolis Colt.