Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The broncos are decending and the jets are acending. I don’t buy Arizona at all. If the jets are serious about Cousins you blow him away and don’t let him leave the building. If he does you pull it and move on because he’s using us to get more money from the team he really wants to play. Only way he picks us if we outbid others and overpay for him. So if you want cousins as I do then I don’t care what they pay him cause we can afford it and if he does not perform well it’s gonna kill us regardless of how much we give him. I am all in with him for one main reason. We have a quality qb for years to come and problem solved. No other qb can do that

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well the Jets need a QB...head and shoulders above everything else

Woody and brother must see how Mac is agressively pursuing K Cousins..so his efforts in drafting SOME QB could actually win him points if a QB booms or busts

And if the KC pursuit fails then what ? Keenum Bridgewater ? J McGown?

The failure and doom you speak of is ALREADY here ..next to the Browns we are the cellar dwellers...we have nothing to lose by an aggressive move ..a move to 3 won't be that costly as well

Trading to the 3 spot (if possible ) would assure Mac one of the top 3 Mayfield Darn and Rosen..plus now that Dorsey has gotten the Browns Tyrod Taylor they will take Barkley at the 1 and a QB at 4., the odds are greater for teams looking to add a QB

Waiting at 6 you risk of the Bills or Denver trading ahead of us

#2842 NYJetsO12, Mar 10, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  3. NYJetsO12

In 48 hours we find out if Cousins is a money Hungary liar (goes to NYJ) or truthful "I want to win now" ( goes toMinnesota )

Clearly he will use the Jets but ultimately sign with a SB contender if he's half on the level .

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Great QB’s can make teams a contender. Whether Cousins is a great QB is separate from the fact that Cousins believes he is a great QB. If he does, then he will believe he will win with the Jets just the same as the Vikes if he also believes in the organizations ability to support him. Going to the Jets wouldn’t in any way make him a money hungry liar.

5. NYJetsO12

He wants to "win now" which he proclaimed a month ago to the media and that's the part of my post you choose to ignore

..the Vikes are a step away from a SB ...the Jets are easily 3 years away from doing anything.
    Sure it's great to believe in yourself...but you got to understand the next 3-4 years is gonna be it for him.

So what team gives you the best chance of winning??

Mike Zimmer and John DeFillipo plus a great team

Or Toilet Bowles who controls Bates , no playmakers, and promises from Mike M

6. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

Jets have $109 mil plus multiple draft picks. A great GM makes them a contender instantly.

Jets fans are way too used to misery.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  7. JetBlue

Except teams can turn it around quickly in the league; the Vikings are the prime example of that. Where were they two years ago?

It doesn’t matter whether I think Bowles is garbage. It only matters if Cousins believes otherwise.

8. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Not to tear into the "Vikings are a qb away" argument, but I will say a few things.

They had 1 miracously lucky play to even reach the title game, when really they should have been 1, and done this past season. Also, do you forget that GB was leading the division (like every year) when Rodgers got hurt? Do you really think Cousins going to Minnesota makes them better than GB? Rodgers getting hurt was a blessing in disguise for The Packers got rid of coaches, and players that were masked, because of them winning cuz of Rodgers. Furthermore, besides this past year, what have the Vikings done to show they're one of the top teams in the league ready to "win now?"

Prior to that lucky win, their last playoff win came with Favre in 09.

3 of the 4 seasons before this last one, they weren't even .500

Think about those things for a minute.

Are they good now? Yes, but let's not act like they're some dominant team that's been kicking ass year, after year.

Brook!, JetBlue and nicg4360 like this.
  9. NYJetsO12

Well sure they did NOT reach the SB and you can argue they are just lucky within their Division but come on now ..they went 13-3 with Case Keenum and beat the Saints...lucky or not they are a VERY competitive team

Can they not IMPROVE substituting Cousins for Case K the one year miracle????? You bet!!!

It doesn't matter what they have done latelyor not ....TODAY they are a BETTER TEAM than the NY jets...LMAO

playtowinthegame likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

Really?? My stamp on the NFL at the Prime of my career (29) is going to be tied to Toilet Bowles and Kacy??
    Bates may go the way of other OCs working with TB..tired of Bowles 1980s philosophy

OTOH going to Minny I have a solid Coach in Zimmer and good OC in DeFillipo

"It doesn't matter what I think of Bowles"...."It only matters if Cousins believes otherwise"..??? So in the face of all the evidence pro and con between NY and Minn he doesn't have a brain to see which FO and CS is better??

Please come out of denial...

11. NYJalltheway

Of course they are, I wasn't disputing that. I'm just saying teams go up and down a lot in this league, and I don't think they're as talented as everyone looks at them as being.

JetBlue likes this.
  12. JetBlue

No, please stop trying to force your opinions on Cousins.

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Or if he believes in his own ability and the upward trajectory of the suitor, he takes the higher bid.

Also this decision is not Cousins’ alone. The PA will be greatly involved with this as well.

14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hi sec314

Sorry to hear that. As a mod responsibility falls on me. Next time if you see this type of behavior please report. We will take action.

almbleamal, nicg4360 and westiedog1 like this.
  15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

16. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

17. NYJalltheway

18. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

you keep saying the Jets need to move to 3 but I cannot see any circumstance under which that makes sense. There will be a QB, prolly 2 for the Jets to pick from at 6

19. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

i agree 100%. I just cannot fathom trading up to pick a QB when there will be 2 to pick from at 6. Now, if we signed Cousins and traded up for Barkley....Id be happy

20. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

NYJalltheway likes this.