Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

No, your intellect and comprehension simply is lacking.

The Vikings are considered the favorite under the guise that they are an immediate contender because simply adding Cousins improves them as if all other factors remain the same. That isn’t true. Changing the OC is a major issue for them that could result in a significant decline in their offensive production — Cousins would not be walking into a situation in which all other factors remain the same and thus he is a significant improvement that puts the team over the edge. He could be walking into a much worse offense if the OC isn’t as good as the previous one.

The Jets and Broncos will have new OC’s but those are widely considered to be positives. Logical arguments are defined by absence of differences not finding similarities, unless you hold to the logic that a fire truck is a fruit because it’s red line an apple. If you don’t see the difference in the perception of the Jets and Broncos versus the Vikings, then stick to the Patriots threads where your ignorance can be dismissed as simply being a homer. Otherwise you are going to just verify the fact that you are a fool.

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Just read that. With how much cap we have, I'd be fine for it, as long as the overall contract is still around 30 million a year. It actually makes more sense that way I believe.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

FYI cousins really likes bates (our new OC)

JetBlue likes this.
  5. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

One where you open your eyes and look at th teams? For all the SOJF logic that Denver is so much better why does their record not say that? Why did both teams win 5 games and why is Denver drafting ahead of as the worse team? And which team is older, in a tailspin going downward? Which team will need to cut players to stay under the cap, whic team is ready to add as many players to help the roster as needed without cap maneuvering? Who has no cap flexibility and room?

So who's joking?

#2525 LF911SC, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I dunno - did any of them sit out because they only wanted to throw to "their guys?" Where are "his guys" going to be in July?

Are you saying you think it's a good move that he declined to show his stuff on a level playing field?

7. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Not really in favor of signing Cousins but front loading a contract actually works out well..he will be affordable after a year or two and we are not spending 100 million this year anyway..downside is the team will get hammered by the media for about a year not understanding any of this.

8. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

Guys you can debate all you want the bottom line is that Quarterbacks are looking to get paid Rodgers is not signing any contract or extension until Cousins gets his contract done. Jets should be the favorites to sign him.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  9. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

This sums up exactly why i think Denver is out of this race. They are in win now mode but the window is 2 years TOPS. Minny is in a position they can retool a bit and keep this level of competition up for 4 or 5 years. If Cousins comes to New York it may take a year of talent development and roster building but our window would be wide open 2019 forward. i cannot wait for next wee and some clarity on all this.

Yankjetfan and LF911SC like this.
  10. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

The Jets are in a much better position than Denver.

Arizona is an argument one could make, but if you're Kirk Cousins, is it more attractive to go to a team in the stacked NFC with a rookie HC, your star RB coming off a torn ACL and your #1 WR is going to be in the league for just 1 more season, not to mention a once good defense that is only getting older and worse, or a team (yes I know Bowles being the HC is a huge negative) that has a lot of cap room, a younger core, a younger defense and a GREAT cap situation for the next 2-3 seasons?

11. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Every single one of them sat out for those reasons. Every single one had friends or ex teammates who they threw to.

In July Darnold, just like every other QB will be throwing to his guys. Guys who he practices with and who's tendencies etc that he'll know. Actually, what does throwing to WRs you don't know prove to anyone over what's closer to what you will do on your next team?

12. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

What if they are using the Vikings to get the Jets to offer more?

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

14. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Johnson is coming off a wrist injury, not an ACL injury. I wouldn't be worried about him making a full recovery. That being said, while I know teh Cardinals want to do right by Fitzgerald & field a competitive team, they should really consider going full rebuild. If they do go full rebuild, that may mean trading Johnson.

15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I think things are pretty clear cut at this point for Cousins. I don't know that agents are going to be able to do much jockeying. It's simple... for more money and maybe more longterm success, it's the Jets. For less money and immediate short term success, it's the Vikings. He just needs to choose which he wants.

16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I can't vote here because my option isn't available:

Trade to #1 and draft Baker Mayfield

nicg4360 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

I can't imagine why this wasn't an option

jonnyd, Jets69 and GasedAndConfused like this.
  18. xxedge72x

Your bias? Excellent reasoning. I can discontinue following the draft now safe in the knowledge I'm wrong and that any research I've done on the subject is wrong.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

Oh lord, it's the internet, calm down. It was a joke because it's a very bold and obscure opinion.

xxedge72x likes this.
  20. xxedge72x

[​IMG]

ColoradoContrails likes this.