Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Way too simplistic. The are no QBs like the 2 you just mentioned in the entire NFL never mind this crap shoot of a draft. So the other 34 teams might not strike fear in our eyes like Aaron and Brady in the last minute but they still by the most part manage to tear our asses up over the course of 4 quarters.
    Trading up with the state of this team and miss an opportunity to continue to strengthen this team is insanity in my book and surely as hell not for anyone in this years QB list. I doubt Darnold will be drafted any earlier than 4th any how. He is just a big unknown as the rest.
    Draft another vet for insurance and stay the course at six for a QB. That is the best path.
    As I see it, Cleveland has no choice but to go RB with first, Giants might take Rosen at 2 or Allen, colts no QB, Cleveland will go QB with the 4th.
    So between the 4th, 5th and 6th you might see the rush for QBs, with potentially Mayfield Allen and Darnold sitting there at the 4th spot.
    Pick your poison.

JetBlue likes this.
  2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Hackenberg rising from the dead? The Boston Globe in the sunday NFL page has a bit about him working with the same qb guru that tutored Garropolo and Cousins and apparently he looks great on film. Good footwork, rocket arm.

Jets69 likes this.
  3. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

Yea it's a little concerning when the rumoured top overall QB to be taken does not want to show what he's got throwing wise with the QBs being considered of lesser talent. It did not play into his favour at all.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Jimmy G and Cousins were already good. Hackenberg is beyond help.

5. nicg4360

I agree for the jets anyways....do you think Bowles is going to risk a single game or down for that matter to Hack in a very pivotal year. Last year it didn't matter a loss was acceptable. This year even with extensions being given I think Bowles maybe not so much mac need at least a .500 season to keep their jobs.

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Darnold used to be my favorite draft pick

Then he got exposed versus OSU...now he won't throw at Combine

TBH I feel for the kid ...millions on the line in an NFL career..So who can blame him to avoid the underwear show and set it all up on his own terms ..listen guys as I posted before the Combine can help the Unknowns be noticed but the GAme Film is the REAL evidence barring medical problems...

In SD's case the hype is overwhelming and everyone already knows his capabilities at USC So why not put his best foot forward throwing to his own receivers at Pro day

7. nicg4360

I totally agree but the analysts at the combine...the ones I heard thought it wasn't the best choice. You can look great with your own receivers in a controlled environment but the combine is where you are showing your mojo off infront of your competition. He sat out, in fact was the only one that sat out of the top QBs....that's what made it worse.

You know who else looked good on their pro day... Hackenberg.

#2467 nicg4360, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Couldn’t agree more. He really comes off looking like a Cuck just standing there watching Allen pound his girl.

nicg4360 likes this.
  9. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

More click bait, if Cousins has half a brain he won't even visit any other teams, it's between the Vikings and Broncos, oh what will the Media link the Jets to next

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well I guess it's true...money just doesn't buy happiness...heheheh

12. abc

abc Well-Known Member

Mayfield @ 6.

13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Not a shocker, Vikings are built for a Super Bowl run while the Jets aren't quite there yet.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Jets don't need Cousins, Hackenberg is going to be a star.

Jets69 and LAJet like this.
  15. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Are we talking the same kind of fear others have shown in the past that you may have missed? Peyton was afraid? Stanford was afraid? Luck was afraid? Derrick Carr? RGIII was afraid too? How about Bridgewater, afraid? Tannihill? Manziel, Tebow, Gabbert, Bradford & Matt Ryan were all afraid too?

joe likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why does Cleveland have no choice but to go with Barkley with their first pick? They could, but there are a lot of excellent RB prospects in this draft. They don't have to have Barkley. If there's a QB they really like, they'd be nuts imo to take Barkley and "hope" that the QB they like will still be there at #4. They could get their QB at #1, Nelson, Fitzpatrick or possibly Chubb at #4, and then likely grab one of Michel, Guice, Penny or Chubb in the 2nd round. Getting those 3 would be better than just getting Barkley, missing on their QB choice, and then getting some other player in the 2nd.

#2476 NCJetsfan, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    Will-I-Am-Not likes this.
  17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Because word around town is Barkley is a once in a generation type talent and they would be foolish to pass on him when the QB class is muddled with prospects with warts. My guess is they take Barkley @ 1 then hope Allen is there at 4. Me personally I feel the Giants would then go with Nelson and the Colts will take Chubb.

18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

It really depends how they rate the QBs, if they rate the 4 closely or even 3 they would be foolish not to take Barkley 1st. It’s the Browns though so you never know but I’m thinking it’s likely Barkley goes 1.

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He may be a once in a generation talent at RB, but RB is not more important than QB. If they don't get a quality QB, it won't matter how good Barkley is. Opponents will stack 8-9 men in the box and dare Cleveland to beat them with the pass.

boozer32 likes this.
  20. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I could see him going there. Good defense and they were a playoff team. I know the players are greedy and the Jets probably have the most to offer. But I think players want to win it all. The four teams that are interested in Cousins. Cardinals, Denver, Vikings and Jets. Nobody on the Jets could start for those teams.