Off field Jets stories!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Stevied, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

First time -long time.

Manish recently posted that the,” Mo Birthday Cake story” was the least problematic story he had heard. Costello and Cimini also said things like he needs to get away from his friends..

And that got me to thinking.. does anyone have, experienced, witnessed or heard specific stories about our fine former DE- or any interesting/wild stories about jets players and coaches? I believe this is the message I read the story about Pennington almost fighting someone on the beach!

2. twown

twown Well-Known Member

3. twown

twown Well-Known Member

The definition of an "off field" story. :D

[​IMG]

NY Jets68 likes this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

5. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

deleting this so as not to feed the troll.

#5 Sam Hammer, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    MurrellMartin likes this.
  6. twown

twown Well-Known Member

"(Former Jets HC Walt) Michaels has not returned phone calls all week...

But it is possible to trace the events leading to that last confrontation. From interviews with players, coaches, team officials and friends of those involved, a sad, perhaps inevitable pattern emerges. It is of a coach slowly drawn into a vortex of pressure, often losing his self control, unwilling or unable to change the patterns that clouded the ending of the New York Jets' finest season since 1969 and led to the exile of a coach."

http://www.nytimes.com/1983/02/13/s...clouded-the-finest-season.html?pagewanted=all

Noam and CBG like this.
  7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Welcome to the board. Let me contribute. It was 2016 season. Our fellow poster @GordonGecko had extra official pre game party tickets before the Ravens-Jets game. I got tickets from him and went there with my friend who doesn't know much about football. He came due to cheer leaders making an appearance. So of course I am drunk and we are inside the tent. It isn't that crowded. We got the corner table. A big guy approached us and he asked us if we want to take pictures. I saw other Jet fans taking pictures with him but didn't really know who he was. I was drunk by the way. I turned to guy and said "Who are you again?" Other Jet fans jumped on me. They said he is Mark Gastineau you schmuck. I got embarrassed. Well I knew his name and all but never saw a picture of him before. Of course he got kind of mad and decided not to take picture with us.

I don't know if Mark is reading the boards or anybody close to Mark is reading but would like to apologize from him one more time. :)

8. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Mark Gastineau, the man who first realized that after making a good play, you don't have to celebrate with your teammates. You can just whip your dick out.

And... here we are.

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Ken O'Brien and Mark Gastineau got arrested at Studio 54 after a drunken free-for-all in '83. Toothy O'Brien was a rookie. Of course, no cocaine was involved.

Justin Miller hiding in someone's garage after being chased by police for assault. I'll be here all night.

10. jetophile

Richard Todd got turf toe in his own living room.

11. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Thanks boys..

Anything on some of our bigger ticket guys-

Sanchez, Braylon, Holmes, revis, MO, Sheldon?

12. jetophile

Matt Robinson was benched because he was thumb wrestling in a bar (a long-standing rumor that is probably true, because ya know, Jets), but he did indeed mess up the thumb on his throwing hand in a bar. He lied to Walt Michaels that he hurt his thumb on a hotel room door knob in Westbury, LI, before a game against the Browns, so he wound up in the dog house. His thumb wasn't broken, but it swelled up as big as a balloon float in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. John Idzik, Sr. was the OC at the time. Robinson's career was over after that. He never took another snap. I'm getting chest pains.

EDIT & P.S.: If you want to give yourself stomach cancer immediately or feel the need to invest in Rolaids stock, ask me anything you want about this team.

#12 jetophile, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    Stevied likes this.
  13. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Umm...

14. jetophile

Oh, by the way, Steve Serby deserved almost getting the life choked out of him and getting stuffed in a locker by Richard Todd. Serby was a troll before the the term even existed. Still cracks me up that Marty Lyons looked the other way, kinda whistling at the sky while it was happening. Hahahaha. Serby could've sued for assault, but he knew that he asked for it, so he left it alone. That last part wouldn't happen today, no way, no how.

I said when I first joined here: If the the Jets win the SB again, "JETS WIN THEIR SECOND SUPER BOWL, BUT STILL CAN'T WIN THE BIG ONE" - Steve Serby. That's how bad/good it was in general. He did tell a lot of shitty truths, but I hate with love. He was just a needler on purpose most of the time.

15. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

This reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer wears a wire for the FBI. Are you writing a paper, or some sort of article? I mean, this just sounds weird to me to just ask if anyone has first-hand information on Jets players misbehaving.

FJF and Stevied like this.
  16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Did he make you pay for the pictures?

17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I am glad he spared. He got real angry. But in my defense I moved to USA in 2004 and became a Jets fan in 2005. I know the names of legendary players but don't know how they look. :)
    I didn't end up taking but no. He was just being nice to Jets fans. There were a few other Jet legends in the party that day but of course I couldn't recognize any of them

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Can a mod check the IP here? This has to be Manish.

FJF likes this.
  19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Or Gastineau...trying to stay relevant.

20. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Neil O'Donnell pulled a calf muscle walking out to the field.

PennyRoyal10 and jetophile like this.