PSL Holders Screwed Again

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by turbodog, Jun 15, 2017.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I have some things to scan in and some screen shots to take. It's long and involved, but I'm outta there. Might take me a couple of days.

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Feel free to post a link....

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

PSL value = right to purchase tickets below market value

Tickets prices above market value = worthless PSL.

4. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

A multi-media show! What was it that Bart Scott said.... "Can't Wait!"

All kidding aside, I feel your pain and am sorry for your Jets ticket loss. Now, go to 6 or 7 games a year and pay much less - like I do now. I happen to be a SeatGeek guy, but you'll have many choices.

CBG likes this.
  5. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

How does SeatGeek work? Is it similar to Ticketmaster/StubHub where you can buy instant download/electronic tickets straight from a STH? I'm always worried about getting to the stadium only to find out my tickets are fraudulent.

6. GordonGecko

If you're worried about that stay away from SeatGeek. They will ultimately refund you but you will be out the tickets at the gate. Stubhub will replace your tickets on the spot electronically or for pickup, and Vivid will do the same or sometimes even have a guy come hand you the replacement tickets

CBG, Brook! and MurrellMartin like this.
  7. GordonGecko

One thing to keep in mind, the more people walk away from PSLs the worse it gets for guys like you. Without the obligation to buy season tickets, the supply dwindles and prices go up on the secondary market. That's what happened with the Mets after the new stadium boost wore off. There were thousands of speculator seats flooding the market with dirt cheap tickets nobody wanted. They all bailed and prices went up to pretty much face value. No deal for the buyer, and no meat for the speculator after fees. They actually found equilibrium

8. jetophile

^I'll take my chances on the secondary market for Jets tickets on a per game basis. See how I laugh. I can probably sit in my seats for $5.00. I won't mind the cattle car shuttle re: the parking pass at all. Unlike Wilkerson, I'll add conditioning to my exercise regimen and walk three miles to keep my unfat ass in better shape than it already is. Besides, walking is great for pre and post game agita.

CBG likes this.
  9. jetophile

It's really not that exciting. It's just what happens when you read things with a magnifying glass and ask too many unwelcome questions. Fukk this FO. I mean it.

10. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's why I like sticking with StubHub Instant Download or Ticketmaster. That way I know I'm 100% okay.

11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I haven't had any issues whatsoever using SeatGeek, but I'm not shilling for them. What I like about them is the user interface for the seat location and also the fact that if you prefer, you see the prices including all fees included. I really hate it on other sites when you think you're paying $65 and it ends up totaling $74 per ticket. I've never gotten burned and don't expect to.

Regarding my experience in general, I wish the tix prices were more affordable and that I still had my seasons - in a decent location. My decision to leave was purely economical and I am fully aware it may not always be great doing it this way. I still enjoy being at the game and feel the sick need to be there win or lose ; ) I don't even tell my PSL friends what I've paid for some games because I feel bad for them sometimes. I'd have been in their shoes if it just wasn't too much money for me with 6 seats. I'm certainly no genius.

CBG likes this.
  12. jetophile

Not to pat myself on the back so hard that I'll need a body cast, but I just got my first email after that ticker tape thing that my season tickets were EXPIRING, EXPIRING, EXPIRING AT MIDNIGHT! is - and was - a total bag of crap. Haha, jump off a bridge.

sickandtired likes this.
  13. snoballz

snoballz Member

Well looks like the chip fell...

Insert link (I can't post a link since I do not have the minimum amount of posts).

The article is on Deadspin... PSL Holders Sue The Jets For Screwing Them Over

I'm sure this will become a class action very shortly.

sickandtired likes this.
  14. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Brook! and sickandtired like this.
  15. GordonGecko

oh man I hope so bad these STHs win and get their money back

sickandtired likes this.
  16. HorribleEverySingleSeason

Is it too late to get on board with that lawsuit? Are any of you involved or looking to get invoked with this?

17. jetophile

^Dear Mr. Horrible:

It is a class action suit. The Jets are required by law to respond to the filing, and must provide all contact information to the attorneys for all PSL owners in the affected sections. If you are in the affected sections, yep, you'll be hearing from Cohn, Lifland, Pearlman, Hermann & Knopf, but why wait?! Call them first! ==> (201) 845-9600. They are at: 250 Pehle Avenue, Suite 401, Park 80 W - Plz One, Saddlebrook, NJ 07663. This will be in court for years, but yeah, fukk that POS Palace. The law firm that was retained would not have taken the time to waste their time if they didn't think the plaintiff didn't at least have a puncher's chance in hell of winning. I already said that earlier in the thread.

https://www.courthousenews.com/class-says-ny-jets-reneged-on-season-ticket-promises/

#38 jetophile, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  18. jetophile

Here's the filing in all its glory. I didn't post the text because it's a mile long.

https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/JetsPSL.pdf

In any event, HAH, WHEEE!!!!, this pleases the Queen. No, not Queen Elizabeth, me. I hope The New Dump falls into the ground. Good luck to all involved, you deserve it. THAT NUMBER ONCE AGAIN IS: (201) 845-9600 CALL NOW! Sounds like a J.P. Wentworth commercial. : ) Please, everyone who could possibly benefit from this, don't sit around. Call up directly and find out details to make sure you are included, even if you defaulted and walked away. I am so happy and thrilled over this, I could split my pants. Here it goes! RIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPP!!!

#39 jetophile, Mar 18, 2018
  19. jetophile

By the by my fellow disgruntled guys and dolls, I'll be calling up Cohn, Lifland, Pearlman, Hermann & Knopf misself tomorrow! Now I wasn't in a PSL Section that is getting screwed and didn't own a PSL at all, but I'm sure they'd be more than slightly interested in what I have to say. It will be considered he said/she said hearsay, but hey, just figured I'd throw in my two cents. The Jets still don't know that I'm pink-slipping them, and they're not harassing me after implied threats of PAY NOW OR ELSE! Because they're liars. Also, still have to scan in what I promised to, and also discuss it with the firm handling Mr. Gengo's case even though it isn't "relevant" to his case. I read through the filing in its entirety before posting the link, and dunno, I could some big dum-dum here, but from a layman's POV, it doesn't appear baseless. At all. Mr. Gengo is a goddamn hero.

#40 jetophile, Mar 18, 2018