Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

And 2 weeks to go. There are absolutely no fresh points left to make but I bet we can still get to 250 before he is signed somewhere

ColoradoContrails and nicg4360 like this.
  2. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

Whatever we can do to help the signing of cousins cause. 250 sounds possible lol.

FJF likes this.
  3. nicg4360

Once we get details from the combine on the rookie QBs and if teams start opening up about there intentions regarding what they will be doing with there QB situations this thread will continue to flourish.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

all that was disproven so like i said, just keep reading the thread after it with game breakdowns and all

5. GasedAndConfused

maybe that's why he didn't see how it was disproven, he has all those people on ignore

6. GasedAndConfused

clickbait article. it's all been proven to be nonsense if you read the rest of the thread

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Forte and Wilkerson just created $14 million more for Cousins! Pay the man. ;)

JetBlue and FJF like this.
  8. nicg4360

I'm sure that's the plan.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  9. The Dark Knight

I am starting to wonder what the Jets will do with all that money if they don't get Cousins. Don't want to waste it by overpaying on bad players. Don't want to not spend at all though either. The next month will be very interesting in the NFL.

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Trumaine Johnson
    Allen Robinson
    Weston Richburg
    Andrew Norwell
    Malcolm Butler

There are a lot of talented guys at positions of need. It's a good year to have a lot of money.

nicg4360 and Peebag like this.
  11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Not really, likely Robinson doesn’t make it to FA. Norwell is very good but we’d have to make him the highest paid guard of all time and then he’d have to choose the Jets over other teams willing to make him the highest paid guard of all time. The rest are nice players with question marks but not exactly franchise altering players.

12. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

I like the idea of Norwell, that way they can use the 6th on qb or someone other than Nelson.

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Not true ...his record sucks against good teams and I read entire article. Poor supporting cast ?? Meh...

Get him and he will set records for interceptions and big game chokes...

14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Record against good teams? Meh. See what I did there?

FJF likes this.
  15. abc

abc Well-Known Member

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...hn-elway-not-done-swinging-and-missing-for-qb

John Elway 'not done swinging and missing' for QB

INDIANAPOLIS -- "Life is too short to rebuild in the NFL" -- John Elway, Denver Broncos general manager.

John Elway doesn't want to tear down a championship football team. He wants to add one missing piece: Quarterback.

The Broncos are poised to hit free agency targeting the biggest fish in the pond, Kirk Cousins. Elway plans to make a hard charge at quarterbacks hitting the open market before turning his attention to the draft if he strikes out.

"I think we are going to explore all options in free agency and see where that goes," he said. "Obviously we've got the 5th pick in the draft too. So that will all play into it. So, we'll continue to look at all the options out there when it comes to quarterback."

Since landing Peyton Manning in free agency in 2012, Elway has struggled to unearth and develop a quarterback. He used a second-round pick on Brock Osweiler (2012), a seventh-round selection on Trevor Siemian (2015), and traded up to get Paxton Lynch in the first round (2016). None could help buoy a championship defense.

The misses at quarterback won't deter Elway from swinging hard again.

"Believe me, I'm not done swinging and missing," Elway said. "Misses don't bother me. We've just got to figure out a way to get it right."

Swing one is Cousins.

Elway said he has the cap space to bring in a high-priced quarterback. The Broncos, however, will have competition for Cousins' services from teams like the Minnesota Vikings and New York Jets.

If he can't land Cousins, other free-agent options include Case Keenum, Sam Bradford, Teddy Bridgewater or AJ McCarron. Elway could also use the No. 5 overall pick on another rookie quarterback.

The Broncos will use the allure of a playoff-ready defense and two Pro Bowl caliber receivers to woo Cousins and others. Elway said Wednesday "the plan is" to bring back both Demaryius Thomas (picking up his option) and Emmanuel Sanders.

The Broncos GM is confident if he can land a foundational quarterback Denver can leap right back into the Super Bowlhunt.

"I still think we aren't too far away," he said. "Obviously, we've got to get better at [the quarterback] position. We didn't play well there last year -- and that doesn't go all on the players, there were some things we should have done differently that we didn't do. I feel like we can get back in the thick of things rather quickly because we still have a good defensive football team. On the offense, we're going to get better with Bill Musgrave being the offensive coordinator ... Figure out what we do at the quarterback position. So, I'm excited about where we are and think we have a chance to get back in the thick of things quickly."

16. The Dark Knight

According to SNY's Ralph Vacchiano, there is "rampant speculation around the league" that free agent Kirk Cousins is "destined" to sign with the Vikings.

I don't think that report means too much, as the Vikings are the clear #1 spot for Cousins. So people thinking that makes sense. The Jets will have to find a way to make him an offer he can't refuse, or just go the draft route.

17. GasedAndConfused

the supporting cast wasn't the the proof

18. GasedAndConfused

eveyr article that comes out is click bait. I don't put much stock in any of them.

19. ThatQueensGuy13

ThatQueensGuy13 New Member

trade for norman

sign butler

revis and crom part 2 lol

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I would sign there if I was Cousins. That team is all set up to win a superbowl, top to bottom stacked. Once you win a superbowl as a QB you are set up financially no matter what. SO even if he has to take slightly less or less years from the Vikings over our Jets, in the long run it could be a better deal for him. Provided he wins of course but any NFL talent is going to believe in themselves and their abilities to win