Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

The fact that all you do is deflect on the face is reasonable questions says a lot. Your pretend to have some inside knowledge of the redskins
    Is everyone's fault but kirk. Hey guess what? Brady, brees, rivers, big ben, and smith all pretty good without top tier talent at one point in time. Why can't the 30 mil dollar man? They all had deep playoff runs. Hell logically the chiefs honestly shouldnt win nearly as many games as they do. That's not me even being a smart ass.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

If he's not worth it I'll say the same thing

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

cap room
    https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-york-jets

list of 2019 free agents
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2019/new-york-jets/

list of free agents this year
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/new-york-jets/

what big money do we need to spend to keep the good guys off those lists?

then take this year. even if he counts 44mil against the cap that still leaves us enough money to sign 2 big free agents and some role players plus we have the draft and plenty of flexibility.

4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Definitely not lol. All reports of any substance on him for any team covering him, all say the same thing. It's because he's a system qb and they know what to expect is why he's so valuable to some. They feel it's less of a risk

5. GasedAndConfused

but i already proved we do. you are just doubting my info because you are being ignorant. i gave you links, feel free to use google as well and do the research before saying something isn't possible when it's already proven that it is very possible

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i think you are struggling to accept what the market has become.

7. GasedAndConfused

fucking bingo! i don't understand why so many people don't get this. do they really think all of those top 4-5 Qbs is going to be better then cousins?

8. GasedAndConfused

rivers hasn't won shit becuase the chargers suck at surrounding him with talent. brees saint's were mediocre until they gave him a defense then he finally won one. big ben has always been surrounded by a top defense, and great skill players. hell he has the best WR and RB in the NFL right now plus a good defense and a good o-line and great WR depth (juju and bryant) and he still lost in the playoffs. you are also naming a few QBs. brady is the one exception to the rule you can't fault cousins for not being possibly the best all time. it would be like saying lebron sucks becuase he isn't jordan. stop being unrealistic

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

One point people are not considering: Cousins could get BETTER instead of worse with his new team. It has to be difficult playing for a team who doesn't want you and on a make it or break it 1 year deal for two years in a row. Getting a long term deal, going to a team that wants you, could actually make him play better and likely will. He seems like a high motor guy, unlike a guy like Mo who got paid and quit trying.

10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

11. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Again these guys made deep playoff runs

12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I already did the research. We are not a better situation than Washington and we wont be next year.

13. zace

zace Well-Known Member

That's an irrelevant number because it doesn't account for this year nor next year's signings. It doesn't account for our own guys or anything. These numbers always change.

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Here are the 32 NFL starting quarterbacks and how much they will receive in 2017 based on their salary cap hit. Note that this list doesn't reflect the most valuable contracts overall, just this season's cap hits.
    that list is a bit misleading. besides the bolded, staffords extension hadn't kicked in. for 2018 you can add stafford, a.smith jimmy g to that list with big numbers along with what ever happens with brees, keenum,teddy and maybe foles.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  15. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

If the Jets get Cousins then they have changed from “building through the draft” to “win now”.

I’m ok with win now.

One more shitty season and I’ll hang up my PSL seats. Not worth the trouble.

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Only the Jets will be stupid and desperate enough to upfront 60 Mil to Kurt C..this is Blowes dirty hand at work here ..prejudiced against drafting a good QB where he would actually have do some thinking to help develop

Cousins supporters should just watch the last game of the season where KC turns into an interception machine.vs the Giants..hey get use to THAT

zace likes this.
  17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

You get the point tho. Nobodybis giving Bridgewater or Bradford huge contracts like they once would have when they hit free agency. Part of being a successful franchise is managing the cap too

18. GasedAndConfused

rivers never made a deep playoff run because SD never gave a team around him. he's 4-5 in the playoffs and hasn't had 10 wins in a season since 2009. last time he won a playoff game was 2013.

no you didn't though obviously. you can say you did, but your comments prove otherwise

that's now how it works. you know what we have for room this year, you know what cousins would hypothetically cost this year and next. you see the list of FAs we have. there is clearly tons of money to spend for us to improve. of course we won't have 125mil in 2019 but even landing cousins and a few other big FAs this year will easily leave us over 70-80 mil for 2019 free agency. more then enough

19. GasedAndConfused

it means we can do both. landing brees would be a win now move. cousins has at minimum 5 years left in him producing big numbers.

20. GasedAndConfused

it's sad that so many adamant fans who are willing to spend time on forums all day talking about the team they love, don't even know what the head coach does on a team