Bills to trade with Giants for second pick speculation

Discussion in 'Draft' started by semperfigreen, Feb 17, 2018.

1. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

2. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Mac can't allow this... the thing is the bills two late firsts aren't worth as much as the 6th overall and an early second, In fact it's not even close to the same value. Every one talks about the bills draft ammo but the jets have much higher quality ammo and can easily outbid buffalo

3. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Unfortunate that it's the Giants. They won't make any deals with the Jets, it's a lock on that.

grkmanga31 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Not sure I agree with this. The Giants and the Jets are partners in the new stadium. Having the Jets be a consistent dog hurts the value of the partnership. I think the Giants would be just as likely to make the better deal with the Jets than not. If the Jets put together the top offer I suspect the Giants would be hard-pressed to say no.

Sam Hammer and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Holy See What Happens If You Sit At 6 Batman!!!!

I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN

COUSINS MAY NOT COME HERE...

SECURE Your FRANCISE QB Mac..MOVE UP OR MOVE OUT

BomberJet and westiedog1 like this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

does anyone actually buy what this article is selling? news flash, everyone outside of Cleveland loves Josh Rosen

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Get cousins and don’t care what other teams are doing.

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I love when people on here hear completely mind numbing rumors pre draft and act like it’s fact.

Harpua and FJF like this.
  9. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

It will take more than what the article lists.

The bills two 1sts and two 2nds are worth 2290 points, less than the giants pick. It would likely take both 1sts, a 2nd and a 2019 first.

The trade makes no sense for Giants, who either need to go all in with Eli (draft Saquon) or draft his replacement. Two late round picks doesn't really do either.

Harpua and AlexJETS like this.
  10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

We usually agree, but i think you will be severely disappointed by cousins. Jusy saying.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

11. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

The Giants have an opportunity to draft their next franchise quarterback why would they trade down?

12. FJF

i think the floor for cousins is much higher than the floor for anyone we could end up drafting and the ceiling not much lower than the best probable outcome. given the way the roster is structured to me this is an easy decision.

TonyFtLaud and Attackett like this.
  13. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I respectful disagree. I think cousins has hit his ceiling and his floor is pretty low. I also see Rosen, Darnold, and Mayfield as having much higher potential.

I think the way this roster is structured, it makes much more sense to get a young guy. It lets you get some good cheap prime years out of him before he has to get paid big time.

To me there are some telling signs of cousins. The front office has to wonder why Washington isnt interested nor had ever been interested in truly giving him a long term deal. There also has to be the question of why cousins turned down lucrative contracts with the team. There were many players in Washington who felt like he didnt want to be there. So do you really want to invest that much in a guy who quits on his team? Or did he not quit and hes just not a winning qb?

Im not trying to force my feelings down your throat, just my thoughts.

NoodleArm and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Why does no one bother to read the article?

The Bills might be throwing in pro bowl left tackle Cordy Glenn.

If the Giants are trying to win one more SB with Eli, fixing their OL and getting more picks is a bigger priority than QB of the future.

Red Menace and BomberJet like this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If this is true, it's a great way for two of the Jets biggest rivals to help each other screw the Jets.

But even if the Giants don't agree to do this, there's still the Broncos and the Colts that might.

My hope now is that everyone really buys into all the negative Rosen press and he falls to us at 6.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  16. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Get Cousins and let the QB desperate teams trade over you so the top prospects fall to you.

GWjet, Leicester Jet and FJF like this.
  17. FJF

i don't think we are getting darnold or rosen without trading up. and trading up weakens the entire offseason. i have little faith in mayfield so we definitely disagree there.
    we are about to get a bunch of cheap years from a lot of positions that we can absorb cousins for the next few years easily. it can work both ways, cheap qb around a lot of expensive pieces or expensive qb around a lot of cheap pieces. you just have to draft well. and if mac can't, well, darnold,rosen,cousins won't matter.
    as for washington not wanting him, if they didn't want him they would have traded him when they could.

johnny likes this.
  18. ColoradoContrails

Well I doubt that Macc would draft a top QB prospect if he signs Cousins, but maybe Barkley could fall to them - unlikely though. Possibly Chubb? I would still want Macc to take a QB later though as insurance if Cousins proves not to be the answer or he gets hurt. Anyone would almost have to be better than Petty or Hack.

19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

They didnt want him, thats why they did what they did. They could have done a lot of things to keep them and they didnt. They essentially let him walk. Cousins hasnt done anything to show them hes worth the money he wants. This is Dan Snyder were talking about, hes never been shy about opening up his wallet for players he wants. Maybe if it was some other franchise, youd be exactly right.

Trading up wouldnt weaken the off-season at all. The jets have 2 second round pics and have all the ammunition to trade up if they want. They can actually do so comfortably. Its not just about next year either, its about beyond that.

From what I gathered from reading there arent many FO in the NFL who do think cousins is a franchise qb. They think he's a good qb who can win possibly/maybe with the talent around him, but he's no savior. Thats more of a media creation.

To be quite honest, i wouldnt be suprised if the jets arent truly even in the cousins market. I mean im not saying i would be suprised if they were either. I think Mac knows his career is on the line and if he makes a mistake, hes done. So hes may not want to take a 30 million dollar risk. Thats what bad teams do and it almost always backfires

20. ColoradoContrails

I agree that the the best way to achieve immediate playoff status is signing Cousins, but i don't think he's a SB-caliber QB, so he's going to need a lot of very strong pieces around him - like Foles with the Eagles - to get or win a SB. And signing him and keeping your draft picks to get that quality is a good recipe to achieve that. That said, using some draft picks - which history shows are hit or miss anyway - to trade up and get a potentially great QB like Rosen or Darnold, and then using your available cap space to sign FAs to fill around them is another way to go, and you wouldn't be tying up a huge chunk of cap space on one guy for the next 3-5 years if he doesn't work out.

Bottom line: I think the "safer" route is signing Cousins, but I think the higher reward is trading up to get Rosen or Darnold. I think Macc will choose the safer route.

westiedog1, CotcheryFan and zace like this.