PSL Holders Screwed Again

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by turbodog, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Anybody who bought a PSL should have know what was coming when they did, just look at the quality of the team they will be feeding you this year.

2. ZQubed

ZQubed Active Member

3. turbodog

turbodog Member

Source?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Royal Tee likes this.
  4. ZQubed

ZQubed Active Member

Facebook Jets fan page. Guy was asking people if interested in joining with him. Already in contact with a lawyer he said.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It was a terrible idea from a marketing standpoint then, it's a terrible idea from a marketing standpoint now. You can buy individual games on the secondary market for a song, even in excellent sections (I'm talking seats that are $700 a pop per). While still pricey for someone of average income, they can still be had at bargain basement prices if you get lucky (I'm talking in the $250 range sometimes). Before I continue, my apologies for using the word "excellent" in reference to anything that has to do with the POS Palace known as The New Dump. Make that The New Dump We Never Needed while I'm at it. So anyway, I do forget if the 'Season Pass' also includes parking passes with the package. I would have to go back to CBG's original thread in the Jets forum to double check that, but I'm fairly certain the answer is no because I did look into it at the time for shiggles. I'm a STH yet I also received this FOS offer via email. What do I look like. I'm already an idiot for not dropping what I have and going on a per game basis for peanuts in comparison, which I am strongly considering doing in 2019.

To add insult to injury, as of recently, PSL holders in some sections are REALLY getting screwed. The Jets have opted to offer brand new season ticket buyers (meaning first time buyers for 2018) seats in certain areas at reduced season ticket prices (also offered to current PSL holders, who in other words, will see decreases), BUT THEY DON'T HAVE TO BUY A PSL. WHAAAAAAAT. Way to treat fans, Woody. I would flip the F out if it were me. Luckily I am in a decent section in the UD (Row 5, roughly on the 46) and said no to my "golden opportunity" to buy a PSL in a crap section. It I would have been all I would have been able to afford after getting bankrupted out of my old seats in The Old Dump. Who the hell says yes to that? Believe me when I tell you, it was all a big, fat, lie that buying a PSL would make you special, that it would make you Jets Royalty and that sitting in the UD would make you a worthless peasant. We're ALL worthless peasants in the eyes of this organization, and now the mugs at the top are losing money faster than water can seep into sand (GOOD). There is NOTHING about being a PSL holder that gives you something that I don't have except transfer rights, and seeing how THAT was handled re: lifers like me, I don't even give a rat's ass about it anymore. I'm not trying to make you guys feel bad, but seriously, you got tooled. There are other posts of mine about this scam that I can link/re-post for your reading displeasure when I have the time. For people in the sections that I'm referring to earlier in this paragraph, you should all band together and slap the Jets FO geniuses who came up with this - oops, I mean, Jets FO buttholes who came up with this - with a lawsuit for breach of contract. There just HAS to something legally wrong with what the Jets are doing to you folks, right?

I'll also track down and link my post with the section details on which sections are affected by this atrocity as soon as I'm able. In the meanwhile, at least call up your rep and give them an earful and threaten to walk or sue. Fill me in on how it goes and make my week. Thanks in advance.

6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Excellent post, you really captured in a nutshell my reason for not becoming a STH for my favorite teams, Jets, Mets, Islanders.

We are nothing to them but human ATMs.

Reminds me of Count Demoney in history of the world part one, where he claims that he loves his people and yells pull, then you see the peasant being shot in place of the skeet.

In all seriousness, nice job!!

Br4d likes this.
  7. jetophile

It's a business, and people are in business to make money. I like that idea and I'm all for it. What I don't like and what I'm not all for is BAD business. You can still make money and treat people right. What is the point of the Jets kicking their own customers in the face? If the FO knew how to wipe their own asses, there wouldn't be such a high defection rate right now, even with all the losing and ineptitude. JMO.

8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I'm not knocking the business side of it, I agree with you. I ran a couple of businesses myself. Woody is simply counting on loyalty to the team as an approach to make money off the fans, and as you have pointed out, it will not work.

Most people will pay for good service and a good product, fans as yourself are too smart to have the wool pulled over their eyes, they need to stop being schisters, those things hardly ever work.

There is a saying....you catch more bees with honey than vinegar.

My doctors is a STH and he bought into the new discounted plan they offered last year I believe, please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't know too much about it as I have no interest in becoming a STH anymore anywhoo, he is an example of someone who has no issues with money, he has it and he spends it.

He told me he was not happy with the direction of the team and was considering giving everything up, he was just holding out to see what this regime does.

In the mean time he just pays until he's ready to move on. I'm using him as an example of someone who is loyal to the team and can afford it.

9. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I got rid of mine last year and one of the best moves I made. Do yourselves all a favor and dump them now. The Jets want you to pay Park Ave prices for a frozen dinner. Typical NY pro sports bs.

10. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

would be nice to have an owner who was in it to win and didn't care if he made money. He would still come out way on top on equity appreciation

sickandtired and JetsNation06 like this.
  11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Excellent post above jetophile. You know what the sad thing is, Jets are making tons of money already even if nobody goes to games. TV rights, merchandising money and sponsors already bring tons of money and even after paying the players and personnel they still are well ahead. So this season ticket thing shouldn't be about money for the Jets. Seeing how Jets are seen as second fiddle to Giants in the area they should try to engage more fans to create fan loyalty. They won't die if they cut the season tickets in half. No idea why Jets are going after loyal Jet fans and screws them over and over. I am not a STH and I go to games thru stubhub. Just like you say I pay pennies for great seats mostly Club seats.

Now, will you renew your ST's this year or no?

RPOZ51 likes this.
  12. jetophile

Holy Crap, no-one would BELIEVE the conversation I just had with my rep. That March 1st thing, I'm cross-posting from the Jets Experience forum/PSL Holders Screwed Again. It's a copy and paste job. I had posted something in the Jets Can Wingoing to cross-post it in the
    Stay riveted to your seat, like I always do when the Jets are pulling off a barn burner - which is usually never. Major development since about an hour ago. I'll cross-post in your thread in the main forum. Just gotta get my thoughts together, and that's hard to do if you have a brain like mine.

13. Brook!

Major developments. Wow. Can't wait. Post before my lunch break is over. Lol.

14. jetophile

Holy Hell, please forgive what happened. My dog was busting my ass to go out and my previous post makes zero sense. Try typing when you're on the phone with your idiot insurance company with your rescue barking into the phone at the same time. I used to be so much better at multi-tasking. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 for someone to say it's the most sensible post that I've ever written. I should probably edit and be done with it, but that would zap the fun out of it.

Should read I will be cross posting. Fukk all a yous, suck it up. It was a terrible day at the Jets FO. Details later. I just might cancel the ending.

15. jetophile

After being a STH for 55 years, I'm walking away. F the JETS FO, I'm finished. I'm 54, but my Daddy and my Uncle used to go to NY Titans games at the Polo grounds, went to games at Shea after the team became the JETS, and bought in for good in 1963. So yeah, 55 years of loyalty to get treated like dog shit.

I am done. I do not own a PSL, and thank goodness that I didn't fall for that line of crap. My Daddy started bringing me to games in 1970, and oh, the memories. Yeah, well, see ya JETS FO, and thanks for alienating every single long time die-hard season ticket holder who ever lived. I can't decide if I'm going to call up and tell my rep that the JETS FO can bite my monkey butt or if it'll be more fun to ignore their emails that my payment is due. Decisions, decisions . . . This was an extremely gut wrenching decision to make, speaking of decisions. I promised my Daddy that I'd never let the tix go, so I kicked it around and was originally committed to holding on until 2019. I sought his counsel in my head after the latest affront and it's OK to tell the JETS FO to fukk off. As heart breaking as it is to do so, I'm good with it

EDIT& P.S.: "March 1st is not a soft deadline." Eat shit. I don't even care about a parking pass. I'll sit in a wonderful location for jack on a game by game basis and walk there. Byyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeee!

#16 jetophile, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  16. Brook!

Well jetophile. I am sorry to hear that Jets alienated a long time STH. Although I am sure you made the right decision I find it sad for Jets to lose a die hard fan like you.

17. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

You can get parking passes on stubhub too, no need to walk. And you won't have to buy them for every game including the first two flag football scrub bowls

sickandtired and MurrellMartin like this.
  18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

STH for 36 years until 2017. My only regret is telling the rep when they called me in February that I was done. I wish I played dumb and hung on as long as I could without paying and never officially ended it just to bust there chops. Best thing I ever did, no regrets, I feel free from the pre-season and the parking pass rip-off. Your daddy got seasons because it meant we were part of a special group and for playoffs. Neither is valid anymore. Relax, if he saw what Woody built and how he treated us/you, he would hug you for doing what you did. Just go as you please and the rest watch on your couch.

19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Jetophile has created a bit of a mystery today. What happened?

Woody's biggest mistake was valuating the Jets fan base as if it had the same ticket-demand as the Giants fan base. Although the PSL plans were different, it was more or less predicated on the idea that there was a long long waiting list for season tickets. The Giants had always had that. Jets to a far lesser degree. It's the only way you can get away with an expensive PSL system. To make up the gap between Giants tickets demand and Jets ticket demand, Woody relied on gimmicks named Favre and Rex Ryan. He also played tricks with the parking passes, trying to leverage our love for tailgating to help get more ticket commitments. PSL's are what paid for the stadium construction. The added insult was that the greatest expenses were for the luxurious suites. The pedestrian areas are so no-frills, it's a joke.

Brook! and MurrellMartin like this.