Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I've seen his ways of kicking the can down the road up close and it doesn't go very far.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

But it will keep Landry in Miami, that’s all we care about now

3. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

The real problem is that Flacco sucks donkey balls. He used to suck in both the regular season and playoffs.

Now, Joe just sucks in the regular season.

4. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Yep.

New England will (eventually) begin falling off. Pittsburgh isn't anything special, as long as you can stop their offense. Jacksonville is good, but lacking a passing game. Kansas City wasted their defense on Alex Smith - I like Mahomes, but their defense is falling off quickly. Buffalo's offense is dreadful and McCoy is only getting older. Every other team has a lot of issues, much like the Jets. The AFC can be had if we can hit on the draft, hit on some FA's, add Cousins and pray all this talent masks the deficiencies of the Head Coach.

That said, I have zero belief in the Jets competing or winning the Super Bowl in 2018, but a playoff team? That isn't out of the question.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

boy if this is an attempt to persuade the reader into wanting kirk cousins it is a very bad one. Joe Flacco sucks and the last thing we should be doing is trying to emulate that mess. If Cousins comes here and is Joe Flacco, that is a bad signing

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I mean that's just an absurd statement. So you'll take a pass on a ring? Gotcha.

Jets_Grinch and FlaJet like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

I am not staunchly against Cousins. I argued with your point that its a transaction that comes with no risk, which is ridiculous, but that doesn't mean I am staunchly against taking a risk.

FlaJet likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

Flacco got his ring when he was cheap and they could afford talent around him. Now that he got paid - they suck because he was never that good. If Cousins comes here he's going to do so with a similar high contract. We need him to be better than Flacco in that scenario

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If it comes across like me saying there's no risk in signing Cousins to a big deal, I don't mean for it to. When you're tossing around $30 mil especially when it's a QB, there's risk involved. My whole thing is....

...we CAN still put talent around him even if we sign him to that huge deal. We have the 6th pick, two 2nd round picks, and another $70 mil to spend on top of already having some (albeit not a ton) of talent on the roster already.

Also I'd argue that the Ravens have gotten worse because their elite defense fizzled quickly and there was never much offensive talent around him once Smith and Boldin left.

All Gas No Shake, FJF and nicg4360 like this.
  10. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

If Bowles has any influence in this the Jets will be going hole hawg after cousins. He loves his vets. I don't think he will be very interested in a year he has to prove himself with a rookie at QB. I think if any year saw the Jets handing out a huge contract to secure a good QB it's this one with how they have the cap to do it.

FlaJet likes this.
  11. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

I don't think I could've said this any better myself. I also live around the DC area, and all of redskins fans absolutely hate Allen/Snyder.
    Cousins is not going to be a top 3 QB in the league, but he pretty much guarantees top tier (top 12ish) QB play imo.

NOVAJET and Jets_Grinch like this.
  12. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

That's fine but its a lot tougher to actually build a great team around a QB you're paying like 25 mil a year

Just think of the team you could build without paying that huge number to a QB (if we draft one and pay a vet a few mil)

We need atleast one legit pass rusher, 2 starting CBs, a stud RB, probably atleast one good o lineman if not more, and a real #1 WR would be nice too

We are in great shape with the cap and draft picks wise, but adding Cousins will really limit what we can do....you're basically forcing the team to draft very well over the next few years to be any good

Cousins doesnt guarantee you anything as we saw with the Redskins...There are a handful of good QBs throughout the league that wont make the playoffs actually

I'm not totally against Cousins, but if you really like the crop of QBs this year, picking at 6, you go for it that way and build up a beast of a team around him IMO

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i', looking at it in the order it can happen, try to sign cousins and if it doesn't happen lets see what the draft has.
    as for the rest of your list, good o lineman, edge rushers and #1 wr's don’t make it to free agency very often either.

#1113 FJF, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  14. nicg4360

I like that approach I just hope the Jets get the pic right because if you pass on cousins and pic the wrong guy well we know the rest of that story.

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

How blind can Mac be....????

Everyone afraid of "picking the wrong QB for draft"

Duh.....there is 3 or 4 out who are any good not 10 or 20!!!!

Rosen ...clearly the favorite

Darnold and Mayfield...take your choice ..I prefer Mayfield

The best of the rest..Rudolf..?L Jackson? Allen??

There ya have it ...one NFL ready the other 2 practically ready...no rocket science needed to figure this one out

In short...Ya can't go wrong

16. nicg4360

I like your optimism...just remember mac was the one who drafted a QB in the 2nd who many thought should have been a 6 or 7 round pick or even go undrafted.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Yeah totally agreed

You can't manage a team based on fear of failure though. Hey, if they don't like the QBs as much as most do, and they love Cousins, then I'm fine with that route. Just don't pass on drafting a QB because you're afraid to pick the wrong one if you like the group

With Cousins, the draft will be much less forgiving and Macc will need to be much more creative with the cap and moving around money for as long as we're paying him

If you draft a QB and don't pay one, we have all the freedom in the world to improve the team via FA/trades with high quality players

Just based off of the money Cousins should get alone, we can sign probably 3 high quality starters at other positions to start

18. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

after firing Morton I don't think this question can be answered thoroughly

19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I think if they continue to try and win on defense and running, Bowels wont last the year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

20. Jets777

Jets777 Member

If Cousins is not going sign for us then we must sign Drew Bree for offer about 76.3 millions for 3 years.. and Draft Darnold or Rosen or Allen or Mayfield