Josh McDaniels Screwed the Colts

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by grkmanga31, Feb 6, 2018.

1. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

It may be the last go around for Bill, Brady, and Josh. A Swan Song for Belicheat, and Goodell's baby... Brady.

2. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

If you are having 2nd thoughts shouldn't you tell the Colts to hold off on the social media blasts saying you have agreed to terms? Because you're still going back and forth

HomeoftheJets and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  3. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

yep, that was the plan all along

4. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Saw a stat on ESPN that was tooting Josh's horn because Brady's numbers are higher under him than all other coordinators.
    Weiss did the hardest job with him, grooming a 6th round pick into being a serviceable role playing field general on a team that was built for Bledsoe to be starter. The team was more of a defense first-run the ball type of team while Brady was QB and may have been a throw heavy team with Bledsoe, who knows. McDaniels has had Tom thru his matured peak until now. For the last 10-12 years Tom has pretty much had total control of the offense no matter who was coordinator. He didn't need anything but Belicheat's final say.
    Didn't he cuss Josh out during a game this year?
    Josh went back to NE to try and boost his coaching stock by swinging on Tom's coat tail one more year.
    If they win a Lombardi, it will only make his pay day bigger.
    Hopefully Josh has learned something from Tom.
    I don't think McDaniels will be the next Sean Payton. I wouldn't want him as a head coach.

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Well, since this is in the Jets section and not the NFL section where it belongs, isn't this very similar to the Jets hiring offensive assistants when no Offensive Coordinator yet exists?

Jets69 likes this.
  6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

How hilarious would it be if B.B. retired and then wanted to make amends with the Jets right at the time they fire Bowles?

7. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

That is only the case if the promotion is written in the language of the assistants contract. It will be interesting to see how McDaniels contract is worded and just how much money Kraft threw at him to stay. Reports are he was offered a very lucrative deal to pass on the Colts HC position.

8. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

He learned from the worst

9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Made the Colts wait all this time and hamstringed them what a dick just like his QB, Coach and owner!

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!

JM: Another great NFL Role Model...

Hey kids ...who says your word counts for anything????

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Same Old Pats

12. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

I'm actually rather upset about this. McDaniels staying makes me think Bellichick could be on his way out. I always wanted Bellichick to stay so I could see the day when the jets have better coaching and simply manhandle Bellichick every time out. The jets had that for a while with Rex. However, Rex simply didn't get enough talent to work with. Now? This team is thoroughly outclassed in every sense of the word by Bellichick. Poor regimes have paved the way for this team to look hopeless when they the patsies in the same division. Blowes might be the worst HC this team has had since Bellichick went to NE.

13. abc

abc Well-Known Member

Josh McDaniels pulls a Bill

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  14. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Some speculation that Kraft wanted to screw over the Colts because of deflate gate. Wouldn't shock me.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  15. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

No, nothing similar because Im assuming that Bates is the hire at OC and these are his guys. And assistants under an OC are not the same as an the actual OC or DC, from pay scale to every other measure. No one is screwing anyone here, no one has said come work for me and then quit

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Wouldn’t surprise me if this was all premeditated. McDaniels kept them on the hook as long as he could

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

lots of great posts in here capturing how much of a scumbag McDaniels is and how he clearly learned from his backstabbing mentor so I can't add much more there that hasn't already been well said.

I will say though- what a dumbass move for McDaniels! He spurned the Colts and the opportunity to build around a talented QB like Andrew Luck for 10 years. A low expectations, high potential job that most offensive-minded coaches would dream of! In addition, no one will ever hire him again after a stunt like that. So there are only 32 of these jobs in the world and he just eliminated 31 of them anyway.

The only team that would ever hire him now as HC for the rest of his life is the Patriots. Taking over a team with high, fickle expectations leftover from a legendary coach and a QB that is old and breaking down. McDaniels is going to have to start from scratch and build something. He doesn't have that kind of ability to succeed in that situation.... AND Bobby Kraft is even a bigger scumbag than McDaniels is. He's gonna trust Kraft's word?? LOL. The first losing season McDaniels has, Kraft is gonna turn on him SO FAST and he will be out on the street with no other organization trusting him. What a dumbass move

18. You're 100% right.

Maybe he figures if things go South in New England he can just go to college. Then again..what's he gonna say in mom & dad's living room of the QB he wants to recruit when they ask about this stunt?

He made his bed.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  19. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

I think this is as much Indy's fault as anything. I was surprised to hear Indy as a job for McDaniels given the history
    between the teams and the druggie owner of Indy. Here's what the pats blog says:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-englan...h-mcdaniels-decided-to-stay-with-the-patriots

"1. McDaniels' decision to stay could spark speculation that head coach Bill Belichick's tenure with the Patriots is about to end, but those close to McDaniels say that isn't the case. Belichick is locked in for 2018. The bigger factor to McDaniels was that the Patriots, who hadn't addressed his future until the past week or so, made an ultra-aggressive late push to try to entice him to stay. Had that happened a month or so ago, McDaniels might not have pursued other head-coaching jobs as aggressively.

2. Family considerations had been weighing heavily on McDaniels' mind recently, according to those close to him. He had grown to appreciate the stability he had provided for his wife, Laura, and their four children. As the move to the Colts became a reality, the idea of moving his family again began to give McDaniels some pause. McDaniels' experience of being in Denver (2009-10) and then St. Louis (2011) -- and the impact that had on his family -- has made him appreciate stability. He has been in New England since 2012."

So McDaniels may have been hoping to stay with the Pats all along because of his family, but Indy made him a good offer, telling him Luck is ready to go, then on Monday he hears that Luck may need another surgery and may not be ready for 2018, and
    with the new Pats offer decides to stay. I don't think he has to worry about jobs, he probably could work in some capacity for the Pats forever, and I'm sure he'll have made enough money by the age of 50 to retire anyway.

Ron

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Spot on. And you touched on a real good point, replacing the legend.
    The saying goes, it’s hard to replace a legend, it’s easy to replace the guy who replaced the legend.