I Gave the Jets 30 Years

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Dec 31, 2017.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he was being jocular, comparing the Jets to 9 year olds

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Enjoying the NFL as a whole allows me to numb the Jets failures.

3. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I hear you man and don't blame you one bit. You'll always be a Jets fan in some capacity. I finally gave up their criminal PSL this past season and couldn't be happier. I also didn't watch their games this year as closely as I normally do and Sundays were much more pleasant. I'm a glutton for punishment though and will be back.

4. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

30 years? so, you started around "86. They were pretty good back then. Be glad you weren't around from '71 to '81. You survived the Kotite years when the Jets didn't even have a GM, what makes it so horrible now?

I'm interested to see which teams you follow in the other sports.

5. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Thirty years is a lifetime. As done that of in the football for since 1986. All together!

6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Same bro! I just don't give a shit, why stress over them and waste time and money when they suck? I was a die hard fan since I was 10, so over 20 years like u said only 3 or 4 of those years were enjoyable. If they deserve to be watched again I'll watch. they're not even competitive they're embarrassing for a professional organization. barely followed football this year, still made it to the playoffs in my fantasy league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brook! and NotSatoshiNakamoto like this.
  7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't really follow other sports.

8. LogeSection2RowJ

Good. Keep it that way, and whatever you do stay especially far away from the NY Mets.

Brook! likes this.
  9. The Waterboy

And here I was getting ready to get tickets to my first Mets game in about 22 years. Hadn't been since before the strike in 1994, in the last 20 years, only caught a couple of Rays games that I got free tickets to and a bunch of Phillies spring training games, also free or dirt cheap, quarter beer and hot dog night used to be the best.

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hey. come back. We missed you.!!!

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

That’s just not true at all, pop Warner coaches spend lots of time preparing for what other teams will do and preparing the kids for it as well. Now obviously not the same as NFL coaches but considering it’s volunteer it’s quite a lot.

I do agree though as I enjoy pop warner more than the NFL at this point in my life.

12. LogeSection2RowJ

You should definitely go! Citi Field is nice. It even has elevators for everyone's use, unlike MetLife Stadium, where they're really needed. Just don't get too attached to the home team

13. The Waterboy

I'm down here in Florida so it will be spring training, dad of daughters friend works with Tigers so going to the game in Lakeland. I'm actually in the middle of a move to Lakeland and will be living close to the Tigers spring training spot so will probably catching a few games, as well as when AA ball starts.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I became a fan the day Namath said yes to the Jets and no to the Cardinals. I got to see what I still consider the greatest superbowl of all time, not the game so much but what it meant for the future of the two leagues. I still watch some of the games but agree with the OP that it really doesn't matter anymore if they win or lose because I doubt they will ever see another title in my lifetime. You can thank PSLs and the TV contracts for that. The ownership really doesn't care nor should they, they get richer every year whether they win or lose.

alleycat9 likes this.
  15. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I respect and understand the OP's decision, but barring the franchise being relocated outside of the Tri-State area, I could never, ever, give up the Jets. They're just too entrenched in my mind and heart.

Yes, I'm sick.