If Jets finish season with 4 consecutive losses

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by playtowinthegame, Dec 11, 2017.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

No way that happens. BB will want to bury whatever is left of the Jets that game. Brady will take great pleasure to ring up 35 points by halftime and take the 2nd half off.

2. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Saints rolled out of bed for their trap game and won by 12 points beating the Jets 31-19. Those pesky Jets played hard for their coach, but they are paid to play hard, and playing hard doesn't make up for those days they didn't look good. Not going to be Charlie Brown and get Lucy'd again.

Next up, the Chargers coming off a loss and still trying to make the playoffs....Can't wait.

#102 playtowinthegame, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Two problems here:

1. Your math.
    2. The idea that guys play hard for their coach, not their team or themselves.

4. playtowinthegame

Simple arithmetic mistake on my part but that's the only problem. Thanks for pointing that out though.

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You actually think adults with insufficient self respect to play for themselves will play for a coach?

6. playtowinthegame

Let me be clear, I do not want Bowles back next season, but I will say this, the team is buying in and playing hard for him. The Jets do NOT have a divisive locker room like the Giants had this season under Ben McAdoo. The chemistry is there for the Jets, just not the winning results.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

regardless of who our qb is next season (or HC for that matter) our team will look light years ahead of this team with the simple addition of one, maybe two above average O-lineman. 1st and 2nd rounds. Unless a top pass rusher falls into our laps (LBer, not DE).

Just dont want to see Macc overreach on a qb again while passing over far more helpful position players and lineman.

I know we need a QB like over half the league, and if a legit shot is there, of course grab him. But if all the legits are off the board and we're looking at a 4th round 'project' then don't overdraft him in the 1st/2nd. Use those pics for lineman and pass rusher.

We'll be fine.

Peebag likes this.
  8. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Hence why I feel they should let Mac have his own coach and be the boss of him. I still think that Mac has done enough to get another shot. He has made good moves recently and his drafts minus Hack have been decent. Since the young QBs are done for I don’t care if we rip up the offense again with new coaching.

abc likes this.
  9. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Except Macc's 2015 draft has 1 starter and no other contributors. His 2016 draft is a bit better but reaching for Hack just to stash him on the bench is not the greatest look. Our o-line is not good, we don't have an edge rusher, darron lee gets owned at times and that is a bad look for a 1st round LB. His best pick up was Robby Anderson.

I like what he's done lately with trading away Richardson and getting rid of dead weight players but the fitz, wilkerson and revis contracts still loom large as negatives.

His 2017 draft may be his best draft yet but that may be more true next season if they continue to progress.

He will likely be back and get another season at least, but I'm not on board with giving extensions to either Bowles or Macc. Don't think they've deserved it.

ColoradoContrails likes this.