If Jets finish season with 4 consecutive losses

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by playtowinthegame, Dec 11, 2017.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Bruce Arians is a very good coach. The Cardinals also had a lot of talent on defense. I don't fault our consultants for believing that Bowles deserved some of the credit for their success. He was on all of the lists for up and coming head coach candidates.

With that said it is now clear that Bowles is in over his head and that this team is on a road to nowhere. Even if Petty were to get us a win (or keep games close) out head coach was against giving him the opportunity until he had no choice. If it were up to me Bowles is fired today.

LAJet, grkmanga31, NYJetsO12 and 3 others like this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Schwartz is a career coordinator and should be happy with that. Not sure you could sell another defensive head coach anyway. Also, going with a defensive head coach ups the odds of drafting a defensive player with the first pick as he will want to get his defensive the way he likes it as soon as he can.
    I don’t think Bowles is getting fired but if he does I am looking at the Vikings oc on the top of the list

3. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

my $.02...Give bowles another year and if there isn't a drastic improvement make Morton the HC.

4. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

5. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

lol, when Petty is on the FA list , Jets will include mugshots

Cman68 likes this.
  6. jago

jago Active Member

need a football president to oversee personnel , cap, admin, and coaching, he can delegate most or all of those duties to his appropriate choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

They couldn't beat Denver with McCown the second coming of Dan Marino. They hung a donut against a team that lost 8 straight. Most years I would say the Jets had a chance against the BOLTS but they are playing great this year. Like I said before the Jets last chance at a win was last week.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. boozer32

I wouldn't mind that. Schwartz fits the mold of a former HC that gets a second chance and knows what to expect.

9. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

If any moves are made with the front office it will be Toilet getting fired. MAC isn't going anywhere. Even then I doubt it happens. For some strange reason Woody and Chris think Toilet is a good coach?

boozer32 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  10. BomberJet

I was one of those here that thought the Jets would lay a big egg in Denver, did they? They certainly did. They beat 2 teams at home that are better than the low voltage bolts, lacksonville and KC. With McCown or without him, they'll beat SD.

11. boozer32

Well the first two on in the books but I'm not seeing them beat the BOLTS. The Chargers defense is much improved and ours is not. Since all our talent is on the defensive side that alone is a telling thing. Now I am a Petty fan since his Baylor days if he beats the BOLTS then we don't need to draft a QB. How bout that? But it ain't happening.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Bowles should be fired regardless. Upsets happen all the time in the regular season, but bad coaches shouldn’t keep their jobs because of them. And they certainly aren’t an indicator of good coaching.

But Bowles has consistently been upset in the few games he’s been expected to win, and that’s definitely the mark of a bad coach.

13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

If you think when the Jets beat KC that KC was a better team, at that point, than the Chargers, then you know nothing about either the Chargers or Chiefs to even be making such a statement.

Last 8 games:
    KC 2-6
    LA 6-2

But, yeah, KC is the better team and the Jets beating them indicates they should also beat the Chargers.

14. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Bowles should be fired even if they manage to win one of the last three games. Unfortunately, as I've said before, the entire Jets franchise has been conditioned to see "better than what we expected" as equivalent to a Super Bowl victory. In 2013, despite the fact that they were unable to string together back-to-back wins until the last two weeks of the season, Rex did a victory lap despite going 8-8 and missing the playoffs for the 3rd straight season, and he kept his job. If this team goes anywhere from 6-10 to 8-8, Bowles will be back next year. Unfortunately, it seems like front offices judge on perceived momentum rather than overall performance. Bowles should have been fired already for a series of glaring problems that will never be resolved:

-Clear lack of preparation for games
    -Bad time management
    -Conservative play even risk is necessary to win the game
    -Inability or unwillingness to develop young players
    -Inability or unwillingness to make adjustments during the game
    -Inability or unwillingness to learn from mistakes
    -Focused more on not losing than winning
    -Not showing any passion, positive or negative

I could go on and on. But it'll all be for naught. Either Bowles will be back, or he'll get fired and replaced with yet another defensive coordinator whose success is owed entirely to the head coach he was under this season.

15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Pats will sit all their starters in the last game of the season and we will squeak out a 1-3 point victory... that will show the Johnson's the "progress" they've been looking for to extend Bowles another year.

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Probably not unless they have sewn up home field by then or if they have no chance to which is more likely based on how they played against Miami.

17. BomberJet

So you think the chargers will beat KC at their park on 12/16? Chargers will fall flat on their butts...we shall see.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I personally would be on board with Schwartz even though he's another defensive guy. This team needs a kick in the ass and a psycho like Schwartz would alter everything about the franchise. It would be a complete 180 from Bowles' demeanor and I think this defense would be better in his 4-3 system attacking style anyway

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Like I said, career coordinator, wade Phillips,norv turner,mike martz type.

And we see every team go to the opposite ends of what ever the last coach was, Sometimes you get a bump in the first year but levels off to nothing. You can get a fiery yell at everyone guy in here you,can get a freakin buhdist monk in here, won’t matter if he can’t develope a qb .

ColoradoContrails and Cman68 like this.
  20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Oh ...Puleese....No more Defensive Coaches...my goodness sheesh

May the spirits conjure up a Coach with the genes of Don Cordell Bobby Beatheard and Stan Humphries...a 1994 remake of the SD Chargers who scored tons of points and had Junior Seau on D

We win the AFC and OUTSCORE the Pats and the Steelers ...now THATS my DREAM