Mac looks good after player purge (How X Jets are doing)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 2, 2017.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

[​IMG]

2. Ahh no need to get mean spirited unless it’s about New England.

It sickens me how many are buying into this get rich quick scheme.Anything to go OL in the draft.SAme old playing not to lose,never take a risk BULLSHIT.

Let them fall on their swords so 5 years from now when we STILL fucking suck offensively they can come up w every excuse to Not draft a QB bc yet again.Fucking shitty “good enough” standard.Anything to avoid a risk & go OL

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I have no malice towards Cousins, so don't really want him to be injured, I just want the Jets to get screwed if they go the Cousins route and don't draft a topflight QB prospect.

4. FJF

This is dumb on a lot of levels

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I hope you have season ending carpal tunnel injury, so you can't type such a dumfuck post like this for all the world to see again.....

The Waterboy, 101GangGreen101 and FJF like this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why thank you. Very kind of you.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

No matter how badly you want them to the Jets are not going back in time to draft Mariota.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Mariota isn't even that good. The offense is so damn predictable. That snap from center issue still going strong.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

9. James Hasty

When we were drafting that year he was pounding the table for Mariota pretty hard.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Oh yeah no doubt, it's sad because I watch his games and each time they are under center they run the ball; in shotgun they pass. He needs a better coordinator or IDK what is is.

6 INTs in the last 2 games, that QB class as a whole unexpectedly bad this year.

James Hasty and grkmanga31 like this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I'm worried sick about this draft. I really want for the Jets to draft a QB on the first round. To me that is paramount. I would use the cap on an OT and C instead of going broke with Cousins. The real question then is what position do we need to be in to strike on perhaps one of the top 3 candidates short of mortgaging the farm to move up to number one.
    Rosen goes at #1 and we will not sniff that. If Darnold stays in school, which seems to be the buzz all over USC campus right now.....what are our options?
    Stay put for Mayfield at perhaps five or six? My trouble with this whole approach is assuming we stay put and don't move up at all, are we pretty much kissing our chance to a real winner.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  12. James Hasty

Why the first round?

After the top two QBs are off the board (likely before our pick) who is to say the third QB taken is going to play any better for us than the seventh QB taken?

On the flip side of the coin, a top five lineman or pass rusher has a much higher probability of outplaying one taken in later rounds.

FJF likes this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Well I'm ok with that Hasty. But then let us accept the fact that we are in the same crap shoot we were with Hack and Petty. So let us not shit all over Mac because they don't pan out. Some people around here, as you well know act as if getting a FQB is an easy thing to do.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  14. FJF

I don’t think we can get a t and a c that would be as good as cousins would be at qb. Conversely,I think we can draft a c and a t that could play as well as the qb prospects.

James Hasty likes this.
  15. James Hasty

Colts fans?

FJF and LAJet like this.
  16. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. Also,any QB that has any visible upside of becoming a FQB is automatically inflated to the first round MAYBE 2nd if there’s a red flag or a predraft hiccup.

Of course there are always diamonds In the rough but even many of those types get inflated bc the demand is just so high league wide.Most teams don’t want to leave it up to chance.

The best alternative are the “elite game managers” who have great intangibles,a viable skill set but maybe lack top end measuresables or arm talent.Russel Wilson & Dak Prescott fit this mold going well after rounds 1 &2.That said they may no longer slip as GMs begin to catch on to this concept as evidenced by Deshaun Watson going round 1 this past year.

Personally I’m not leaving it up to chance.A top pass rusher or OL doesn’t excite me or signal change.Taking a chance on a Quarterback early does.

LAJet and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I disagree. Based on the articles I posted recently, regardless of position type, players selected in the first two rounds are FAR more likely to succeed than the later rounds.

But I do agree that given how hard it is to evaluate the QBs given so many variables, that the 7th QB taken COULD be better than the 3rd, but based on historical data, it's more likely that the higher drafted QB is better.