Mac looks good after player purge (How X Jets are doing)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 2, 2017.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If we did draft Nelson I would see how Winters does at center.

2. How much can he be carrying a team w a record of 5-6? Come to think of it look at his entire W-L record! What good are the stats if he’s not making players around him better or winning games?

If he can’t win in Washington when they surrounded him w quality personnel how’s he gonna win here when we haven’t produced a non OL offensive pro bowler since Keyshawn?

You bring him in & suddenly we go from a slow & steady prudent rebuild to impatient fans as well as ownership going for broke signing has been veterans left & right just like they’ve done every other offseason when expectations are high.

We need a QB who can grow w the young team currently constructed.Might as well scrap the youth movement all together if we bring in Cousins.Just keep piling shit on top of more shit cause that’s worked for us before

3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Richie Anderson says hello,

[​IMG]

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Who do you think got them to 5 wins?that team is trash. He is putting up top tier numbers with garbage. I don’t understand how you do not see that.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You don't draft a guard that high remember?

6. 101GangGreen101

Just a quick question, but have you seen the Redskins this season?

7. If your gonna point to stats why not include all the numerics?

We’ve seen Tom Shady,Roethlisberger,Rodgers & Eli put lesser teams on their back would far superior W-L records than Cousins.

Additionally,this Washingtonteam maybe shitty..but were the results all that different when they had a very good surrounding cast?

So what are we banking on being different in NY? Change of scenery resulting in improvement?Perhaps.Better surrounding cast resulting in more success?Well for one he hasn’t produced wins w a good surrounding cast ALREADY & he’d be going to a team that doesn’t produce offensive talent & most certainly won’t be drafting any except OL if he comes into the fold.

What’s the rub my fellow jet fan?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. Just a quick question..Is this year the only year Cousins has played as the starting QB of the redskins?

9. Drafted in 1993..great Jet though..

Keyshawn was the last offensive skill player drafted that made a pro bowl.Cimini wrote a whole article about it

10. 101GangGreen101

2015: 9-7
    2016: 8-7-1
    2017: 5-6

There defensive ranks hasn't gone above 17. 17 being the year that the Redskins made the playoffs. Redskins, virtually no running game in the 3 years, Cousins was QB. Has lost all of his weapons this year and Reed barely even plays. This year, unproven players on the outside, 3 out of the 5 offensive lineman out, went TO Seattle and beat Seattle by a game winning drive by Cousins. They are right there in the thick of the playoff race all because of Cousins. Their first round pick out for the year.

So, just gonna ask you again, have you watched the Redskins this year?

NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.
  11. I have actually.

Now let me ask you..what do a healthy Shady,roethlisberger or Rodgers do within the same circumstances? Somehow I think they’d do better than 5-6 or Cousins swan song 8 win season

12. 101GangGreen101

Tom Brady and the Patriots since 2005, there defensive rankings (btw this is points; not yards) have never been below 15. 17, was in 2004. That's as bad as a Tom Brady defense gets.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/index.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was/index.htm

There's only 1 Rodgers and he might be the most talented QB to ever play the game. Big Ben, he has one of the best offensive weapons in the league, and he's playing meh at best. Pittsburgh, you know about that defense. That's the only reason why Big Ben has 2 rings. I mean the NFC East is one tough division, I can't imagine being a QB in that division with no running game and no good defense. Oh, that's Dallas right now excuse me.

13. FJF

Nothing needs to be different he just needs to be same cousins here, a good qb and all he would need is some o line help. Jets weapons>redskins weapons.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  14. 101GangGreen101

Just imagine, Cousins + Q + Robby + revamped line + good RB? Oh ASJ / Eric MVP Tomlinson at TE. Leggett coming back next year. You got picks to allocate to make the team better.

Make the right moves and that's an AFC contender. The story on Kirk is that the Redskins only offered 24 million guaranteed. if I am a Jet, I would easily double that guaranteed cash. Cousins, here's 20M guaranteed in 2018. Front load that shit. If we need mo cash, Mo can go.

NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.
  15. I didn’t ask about their defenses or the root of their success.I asked if in the same exact situation as Cousins this year if they’d outperform him from a W-L perspective

40M guaranteed for a 30 year old 3 year starter whose best finish to date is 8 wins. I don’t think I’m being insulting when I say I have MUCH higher standards & expectations for the Jets QB situation.Maybe the last 30+ years of Marino,Kelly & Cheater aren’t enough pain or evidence about where we need to go Quarterback wise

#235 KurtTheJetsFan, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2017
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. 101GangGreen101

Misconception on the previous post. There record gets worse. Big Ben, Redskins would be worse. He's treading with Bell, Brown, Bryant, and JUJU. Brady? Eh 3 starting lineman out. No Dante Scarnecchia (greatest line coach of all time - coaches on the Pats)? Worse record.

Only 1 I see is Rodgers. Brees? Nah. Andrew Luck? Lol.

FJF likes this.
  17. FJF

Well, it’s not like we haven’t seen good qbs miss the playoffs on bad teams before. Brees hasn’t been in a few years.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  18. 101GangGreen101

He had 9 wins with a crappy roster. Cousins since he's started has been one of the best QBs in the league. I'll gladly take Cousins for 5 years or so (that would be his prime), draft a rookie in the 3rd round and groom him after Cousins moves on.

Cousins last 3 years in the league trumps anything a Jets QB has done. Standards? Wut?

FJF likes this.
  19. Yes..standards.I want a franchise QB who is a leader,make can make every throw & makes the players around him better. I want him to grow the young nucleus currently constructed & to be built around.

In other words transcendent talent.you aren’t gonna convince me Cousins is that guy.Hes a leader & perhaps a good fit on a veteran team w infrastructure already in place..but we aren’t that team. Cousins signs & everybody expects playoffs immediately.The team is too young & not talented enough.Cousins doesn’t change that & stunts the youth movement already underway.In other words shit on top of more shit

Wildcard birth & 1st or 2nd round exit every couple years doesn’t excite me.Maybe others feel differently.I for one am tired of eating crow from Patty cakes.I want domination & rings.That starts w a TRANSCENDENT QB

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. 101GangGreen101

Yeah, well you ain't finding a transcendent QB this year. Transcendent talent comes like once a decade, last one being Luck. Mr. Bear, I'll buy you some food, you can go hibernate. Darnold, Rosen they aren't transcendent talents.

Cousins is absolutely a leader, can make every throw and makes everyone around him better. Jamal Adams, Robby, Q they will allow grow around Cousins, heck it would accelerate it if anything. Cousins, would teach ASJ everything that Jordan Reed did to be a good TE.

Love the idea!

FJF likes this.