Jarrett Stidham 2017 Games Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by legler82, Nov 26, 2017.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Just received the go ahead from a Mod to start a Jarrett Stidham games discussion thread which would be "stickied", if that's a word. After taking down 2 #1 teams in recent weeks, needless to say it's been a long time coming. Better late than never I guess. Maybe I should change "games" in the title to "game" since there's technically just one game for sure left, the SEC championship game. If he wins that though, there's potential for 2 more via the College Football Playoffs. Wouldn't that be something? From obscurity to national championship. The bandwagon will not be short on passengers then I bet.

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I hope this doesn't jinx him.:eek:

Then again, if he's really that good, jinxes won't matter.

3. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Im liking the kid. I would like to see some more production but that can sometimes be looked at too deeply.

His footwork and arm strength are really intriguing. His ability to just win and make smart decisions is also very impressive. I would say he’s a sure fire 2nd rounder as of right now. He could be slotted as a first to some teams already. His performances in the coming weeks could move him up into the 1st. I can see him being a mid first rounder come May.

4. legler82

The "production" or lack there of is a byproduct of the Auburn offense. Most of his TDs are of the big play variety because he rarely gets opportunities to throw in inside the red zone. Once inside the 20, it's zone reads and Wildcat all day long. Not to mention, it's SEC competition.

5. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I had similar problems with Cam Newton. I was a huge pundit of him. I thought he was terrible and was not an experienced passer and that he would falter in the league. Granted he isn't a superstar and that can be a problem for being the 1st overall pick. He rarely did much in the air. Low attempts and passing yards/game.

joe likes this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Little introduction on Stidham here. Check out @Zblackerby on twitter, he has a bunch of gifs. No doubt in my mind, the kid is accurate. Accurate as hell.

7. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Love Stidham. He's gonna be available when we pick IMO and we should pounce on him.

8. legler82

Especially on the deep ball...Robby Anderson should be campaigning for this guy.

9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

You try telling him that..

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  10. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

On the wagon! That guy is a gamer

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I gotta admit that you were right about him. He has really come on and looks like a top QB prospect. Based on his first game vs Clemson, I never would have thought that he would have developed like this. Good call.

12. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Now does he enter the draft? He's only a redshirt sophomore

13. legler82

In that Clemson game, the WRs could not get any separation and the o-line could not handle Clemson's 2 all world defensive tackles. For a risk averse QB like Stidham playing only his 2nd game after a year off, it led to 11 sacks. He ate the ball rather than try to force throws. Despite that they still lost by 1 score and had chances to win. They are a better team than Clemson now and he is also, the rust is totally gone now.

14. legler82

Why no Jets contingent at the Iron Bowl? Also nfl.com ranks Stidham 7th among college football QBs prior to the game saying "...If he plays his best game Saturday in the Iron Bowl, he'll be by far the biggest riser on this list." I wonder where they will rank him now?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...among-7-nfl-clubs-scouting-alabamaauburn-game

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I hate saying this, but Stidham and the Bills look like a great fit to be honest. I hope they don't get him. But Bills doing more HWK then us ... I think Mac deadset on getting Rosen.

16. legler82

We better have a back-up plan.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

Right now I'm thinking that the backup plan is Allen due to the rumored amount of homework Mac and the scouting dept have done on him.

18. legler82

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pl...ews.asp?sport=CFB&id=134122&line=76365&spln=1

Fantasy College Football Breaking News

Jarrett Stidham: Stidham improves stock with strong showing
    Jarrett Stidham - QB - AUB - Nov. 27 - 5:03 pm et

Auburn redshirt sophomore QB Jarrett Stidham is a likely second-day pick if he enters the draft, according to Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline.
    Stidham (6'3/214) was listed as one of Pauline's risers after he strong showing against Alabama on Saturday. He notes that the quarterback 'possesses next level physical skills and gets it between the ears, effectively reading defenses and staying away from poor decisions'. Pauline also mentions that many inside of Auburn believe Stidham will decide to enter the draft. Another big game against Georgia -- and a trip to the playoffs -- could see that stock rise even higher. Nov. 27 - 5:03 pm et
    Source: Draft Analyst

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The more I learn about him, the more I like him. If we can't get Rosen, I'm all for Macc taking Stidham with his first pick - I don't think he'll fall to the 2nd round, or even deep into the first.

20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Baker Mayfield please.

Mogriffjr likes this.