I purchased a PlayStation 4. Any advice?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 7, 2014.

1. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Sort of. Uncharted is much more exploration and puzzle based. They both have good set pieces (Uncharted's are way better) but from a story and emotional perspective TLOU beats it hands down. The biggest comparison between the two I can draw is that there are a lot of sequences where you are in a territory and you sort of have to wipe out all the enemies before you can move on and you can use stealth or go in guns blazing which, honestly, isn't my favourite part of TLOU but it plays pretty well in Uncharted.

They are sort of two sides to a coin so you could love TLOU and hate Uncharted or vice versa. I like both but would say TLOU is a better story/world and overall experience while Uncharted is more fun and action-packed.

2. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I've seen a lot of people ranking their Naughty Dog games, mine would go like this:
    1) TLOU
    2) Uncharted 2
    3) Uncharted 4
    4) Uncharted 3 (very close to 4 though)
    5) Uncharted 1 (mostly because it's a bit dated and the mechanics are simple compared to the later games)

NYJalltheway likes this.
  3. mute

mute Well-Known Member

4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Funny seeing people all hyped for Battlefront in this thread lol.

Always fun to read stuff you wrote a long time ago.

5. NYJalltheway

I know I said it earlier in this thread, but all this time later, my opinion has not slipped even a little.

The Last Of Us is the single greatest story ever told in a game. I'm not into watching people play games online, but I bet I've watched a good 8 YouTubers play it for the first time, and those videos take countless hours to watch. I can't wait for the sequel.

As far as Uncharted, last time I posted in this thread, I had not played yet. Well I have beaten the first 2, and played about half of 3 before growing tired of it.

It's a great game really, but other games came onto my radar, and seemed more interesting. I got to the part where they drugged Drake, and that evil woman told him the truth on who he is.

Is it really worth finishing it? I kind of just want to watch how it ends in YouTube and get the 4th one.

6. NYJalltheway

New last of us 2 trailer is out. I'm a little let down. I am interested in the characters though. Thoughts?

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

PS4?

Try Tekken 7. it's very Button-mashing friendly. Especially if you are a King user.

Just make this [I win] button and mash it to your heart's content. King will do everything else for you. I shit you not.

8. NYJalltheway

Or Eddie Gordo, or Law.

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Or if you feel like pirating a little, I'd suggest Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

That's nothing like other Assassin's Creed game - it's essentially a Pirates in the Caribbean with Assassin cosmetics sprinkled all over.

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Anyone have PlayStation VR? Worth getting?

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

No.

12. mute

mute Well-Known Member