Horror Flick Fans: List Your Faves (Made For TV/Sci-Fi Mixes Welcome) & Critique Away

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Couple more recent ones that were pretty creepy:
    The Believers
    Jacobs Ladder
    The Orphanage

The Skin I Live In. Not really a horror flick in the conventional sense, but a completely twisted mindfuck that left me dazed stumbling out of the theatre mumbling to myself.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

All about the first one with the Voodoo Doll...:)

3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

No, not Red Cheek. Good movie. NYC subway system is great for 'Nam PTSD.
    I liked The Believers, Martin Sheen freaking out with a toaster
    del Toro is great, as to your last one. Oh, man, 'The Devil's Backbone'. I think it was playing on the big screen in NYC this weekend. Santi was scary as F.
    Should I give away the Skin I Live In? Screw spoilers. Plastic surgeon turns a kidnap victim into Caitlyn Jenner.

#44 jetophile, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

The first two of the trilogy were meh imho but the last one ("Amelia") featuring that Zuni warrior fetish doll was pretty cool. And Karen Black with those semi-crossed eyes was kinda spooky hot in an 'eerie Sandy Dennis' sort of way.

Cman68 likes this.
  6. jetophile

White Zombie
    Death at Love House - it sucks!
    Tourist Trap (1979) with Chuck Connors. It's glorious. "Little girl, see my friend? Don't go away, little girl. Why don't you like me?" Probably because you're some type of transvestite who has telekinetic powers and has sex with mannequins? Yeah, maybe that. Kinda has a Dr. Phibes vibe with a little Texas Chainsaw Massacre thrown in, but its a world onto its own. Tanya Roberts in a tube top that never falls down (shocking, I know - and she's awful in it) and the part where Chuck Connors is about to kill her in an Abe Lincoln get up, not to be missed. It's not like I own or this movie or anything. : )

EDIT & P.S.: Tanya Roberts is not awful in her tube top before I get destroyed over that. She's awful in the movie. Just thought I'd clear that up.

#46 jetophile, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  7. jetophile

This looks like it could be damn good. Abandoned houses (it's not like I've ever er, pushed open a faulty door anywhere) and boneyards are my groove. I've always known about the Winchester House, but I've never been there. What I've always heard about that labyrinthine joint was that Sarah Winchester was convinced that if she ever stopped building, she would die. A good deal of it is urban legend, but she definitely had something going on upstairs (heh). I'm sure part of the flick will about the guilt she felt for all of the deaths those guns caused to Native Americans and everyone else. There may not be any ghosts there - except her own - but she was certainly a haunted person.

8. jetophile

Not a movie or straight up horror, but 'Kolchak: The Night Stalker'. I LOVED that show. I still love it. It's a mix of horror, camp, and 'Columbo'. Darren McGavin was absolutely wonderful in it. It's a hoot. It only lasted a year. Damn it. Highly, highly, recommend. RIP, Darren McGavin. : (
    'The House of the Devil' - worth it for Tom Noonan.

Cman68, Dierking and Br4d like this.
  9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Kolchak was the first of a lifetime of shows I loved that got canceled after 1 or 2 seasons. Wish I knew why. :)

10. jetophile

'Wake in Fright' - that is some fugged up chit. The kangaroo scenes are so fckn horribly disturbing.

11. jetophile

Yeah, 'American Gothic' with Gary Cole, Lucas Black, and Sarah Paulson. It had a lot of potential. "Now you remember that."

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Oldtimers?? :)

[​IMG]

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Svengoolie looks like he's harrassing that chicken big time. You notice how only 5 of his 6 fingers are visible?

14. jetophile

I love me some Mario Bava. 'Black Sunday', ya know, same thing as watching the Jets.

Brandon Moore's Butt likes this.
  15. jetophile

'Happy Death Day', kinda fun. You know what you're getting.

16. jetophile

It wasn't a crap movie. Had to be from '71 (?). I remember reading about it in the paper to rave reviews, and people were terrified. B & W Brit made for TV movie. It wasn't Masterpiece Theatre or anything, but I'm pretty sure it was PBS. Set in the 1900s, period costumes. Guy poisons his wife or something to get her inheritance, great graveyard shots. He gets remarried, and the dead wife starts haunting him for robbing her. A Manor House kind of thing. The wife's ghost was all suited up full Victorian tilt, but whenever he would see her at the bottom of the stairwell in her huge hat and shit she would never turn around. Her ghost would run up and down the stairs in the middle of the night, and slam the door. Then this one night he asks her to face him, and she turns around and she has no face. It was scary as all get out. I actually FOUND that clip about 10 years ago, and didn't write the name of the movie down. Will never find again. Help, please. It was Edith Wharton on drugs.

17. jetophile

18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Movies I remember, other than popular ones....

The Dentist.
    Silent Scream.
    Phantasm/mentioned already.
    Children of the corn.
    Hellraiser....very freaky movie.

Brandon Moore's Butt likes this.
  19. jetophile

I love this movie. That's why you should see it. : ) Some if it is in English, but it's mostly subtitled. It's so much fun. It's part 'The Thing', and part 'A Christmas Story', but yeah (spoiler), all of the reindeer are dead. It's sort of a Krampus thing, but not really. Enjoy if you rent it.

#59 jetophile, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  20. jetophile

Trick R Treat!