Stranger Things on Netflix

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Dark Knight, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I don't know. I just finished the first season and I wasn't that impressed. It definitely contained a few well written episodes, but it was way too cliche. It was kind of like they just threw a bunch of weird slimy monstery themes together and mixed it with a scifi background. It was hard to tell where the show was even headed until near the end. It seems like it was going to be really cool at first, but it just got too cheesy. They went a little overboard going for that "cringe" factor. I feel like younger kids might enjoy it more.

#21 Sam Hammer, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    BrowningNagle likes this.
  2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I don't understand how some of you were so meh on it. Have you guys seen the shit shows being released the last few years?

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

This was mostly my feeling. I liked it but I think it gets a bit too much credit. There were a few plot holes that were just enough to distract me. A few things weren't even an homage, but rather were exactly the same. I'll watch season 2, but Stranger Things is not the best thing I've ever seen as many seem to claim.

4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

That could be it for me. I generally don't go out of my way to watch new shows. I usually wait until somebody recommends it to me and then binge watch it, unless the subject matter looks really interesting.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Great 2nd season. I wasn't sure where they would go Season 2, but they did a good job. Sean Astin is great in it too.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Stranger Things is member berries. "member when tv shows were good?.. yeah I member" but Stranger Things itself isn't that good.

To me its like - just make something good instead of trying to copy others and create something artificial like this

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I watched last season and almost stopped watching after the first few episodes, it got better and I watched all the way through. This season I have watched 2 so far, not that impressed yet but I'll watch a few more to see where it goes.

8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

have 2 more episodes to go in season 2. I love it. Its based on Camp Hero in Montauk where I grew up. My friends used to break in there at night back in the 80s,i was always to scared to go in. Very strange place. There was recently a History channel show called Dark Files that documented the base,also a movie called Montauk Chronicles. Ive met and talked to Preston Nichols a few times,he was much more clear and sane years ago.

9. NYJalltheway

Without spoilers, how is the second season?

10. typeOnegative13NY

I think it was great. There's one episode that I thought was good, but wish they didn't add to the story. But it is relevant to the "montauk project ",I could see a spin off series from it. All in all very good though

NYJalltheway likes this.
  11. NYJalltheway

I heard from a friend they're planning on doing about 4 seasons, and the next one is not going to be out until probably 2019. So It sounds like I have time.

12. typeOnegative13NY

I think it was great. There's one episode that I thought was good, but wish they didn't add to the story. But it is relevant to the "montauk project ",I could see a spin off series from it. All in all very good though

13. typeOnegative13NY

Yeah, I heard that too. With the popularity I would think at least 4

14. The Dark Knight

Agreed. It has been great. Not just nostalgia either. I think they do a nice job with the characters. It is a fun show.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  15. typeOnegative13NY

I may go an watch it again . its one of those shows where you may miss things the first time around.

16. typeOnegative13NY

If you like stranger things, check out Chris Garetanos "dark files" on the history channel, and also his movie the montauk chronicles for the backstory on what st is based on. Obviously some far fetched conspiracies involved, but I'm convinced something definetly went down at camp hero through the 70s and early 80s.

In the dark files they research some things about what's underground . I can confirm that there are levels underneath, as back in the 80s I had a group of friends that used to jump the fence at night and explore . The ways they had to get down below have now been sealed off . There are also bunkers the size of football fields and tunnel systems. It's a park now, you can't get close to the tower, but you can walk a lot of the grounds and there are hatches with ladders that are either flooded or cemented . Probably built for military purposes , but the whole place is strange and cool.

17. The Dark Knight

Season 3 was pretty good. It had some fun moments.

18. NYJalltheway

Great in depth analysis TDK.

(I thought it was the worst season, but still enjoyed it for the most part.)

19. The Dark Knight

:DDude, that cracked me up. I just didn't want to say too much in case others had not watched yet.

Yeah, I think that is fair to say. It had some really cool moments. The teens did a really good job. The whole cast was great really, but the villains are repetitive and did not feel that threatening to me.

20. NYJalltheway

Yeah I was also not into them, and it felt pretty cheesy imo. I (like last season) didn't like how long it took for the ball to really get rolling. Half the season was just about teenage love it felt like.

Still though like I previously stated, still way better than most other shows.