Old AFL Energy

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Chrisiue, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

Watching Last Nights game I saw energy and excitement that rivaled the old AFL with players running all over the place with two offensive minded coaches trying to score points non stop. It is something we have not seen at a Jet game in years, many years, the defenses did have trouble keeping up with offensive game plans but if you could find a more exciting game to watch try and find it.
    If Carlos Hyde played any time in the first half even more points might have been scored.
    Last night was a throwback to the days of Lamonica, Dawson, Hadl, Namath, I'll take those days any time instead of playing not to lose.

2. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

What I saw was a couple of coaches that had their teams playing hard and with enthusiasm. Forgot what that was like.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I saw a coach sitting in the bench going over offensive calls while his d was getting tuned up to 39 points by a brian hoyer led bad 9er team and wondered how that would be flying on this message board

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

This season we would be overjoyed :cool:

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I was just amazed Sean McVay was able to keep his hair impeccable with the headphones on.

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The Rams yellow sunshine outfits are the only Color Rush abominations that are kinda sorta OK. The only thing that beats them is the Spittsburgh Steelers bumble bee throwbacks that makes them look like they're playing for a max security penitentiary.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Rams are 2-1 against the Colts, Redskins, and 49ers. Let's see what happens when they play a real NFL team.

8. jetophile

Haha, at least it was, come si dice . . . WATCHABLE.

9. jetophile

Too bad the Jets aren't on their schedule this year. We'd show 'em how it's done, alright.

Jets69 likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That's a great sign that the Niners will likely not be a real competitor for the #1 pick. Hope they can keep that level of play up. There's no way our offense could come close to scoring that many points with McCown playing. I doubt they could even with Petty playing, but maybe.