Training Camp Cuts - Possible Pickups

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Aug 25, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

What was Richardson's excuse for his lousy year last year? Someone has posted stats showing the number of snaps Sheldon played at each position. There were far fewer snaps at OLB than there were on the DL. Playing out of position isn't an excuse.

Your trying to equate Mo's and Sheldon's character is laughable. I'm not excusing Mo's being late and skipping a walk through. He deserves criticism for that, but not for his play last year. Mo has never been suspended and has been a great Jet. Sheldon has run his mouth every since he's been a Jet and been a part of the circus. The Jets can't get rid of his stupid ass soon enough to please me.

2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

If we are going to judge from last year and this preseason, he is in fact playing at a much higher level than Mo. If you want to argue that overall the production is in Mo's favor I can't disagree. But its a what have you done for me lately league and Mo hasn't done much lately. I'll wait and see what he does.

3. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

You give them too much credit, aim a little lower.

4. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to equate either of them really. Sheldon got pulled over for 100+ mph with a kid in the car. He is a distraction with the media. I get it, he has done shitty things and deserves to be disliked. But I'm judging the product on the field and he is a force right now. Mo has a pretty good character but broke his leg in a season he busted his ass in and played well. He followed that up with missing a walkthrough and a birthday cake party meeting his own team mates set up.

Ideally these things shouldn't happen, no matter who it is. I have not been really impressed with Wilkerson yet, but I'll wait to see his product on the field during the regular season. If Bowles can finally wake up and consistently play L. Williams, Mo, Sheldon on the line at the same time, they should all do very well.

Also, you did post stats from various years, I'm just trying to point out that Sheldon has played out of position a lot as they tried to transform him into an OLB which obv didn't work out. He's best on the line and that's where he should be taking his snaps.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Trade like a Jet!!!!!!!!!

Cman68 likes this.
  6. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Maybe someone pushing carts at Walmart? At least they will have built some endurance in the off season.

7. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

The tank is on!

8. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Forte is praying to dear Jaysus right now that Macc can find a suitor and new home.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Forte may be older, but put him on a team with an oline and a Qb and he could still be productive.

10. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Word on the street is Mac is only asking for a fudgesicle and no one's biting.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PulseJet likes this.
  11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Lucky lasted all of a week with the Jets, but I have a feeling Armageddon will probably stick.

12. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

What if a guy like Garrett Grayson who was a third rounder in 2015 and has worked with John Morton before becomes available this week?

Would the Jets consider dumping Hackenberg in favor of a guy like that? It would be tough obviously for the GM to swallow his pride, but would probably be the right decision.

13. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

14. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

No! Jesus, Mary and Joseph, it's a football team, not a freaking Yahtzee game.

wewantsapp likes this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Beyond signing someone in the event they lose one of the three they've got (very likely), I don't see the value in getting someone who isnt familiar with their system, and is almost certainly not a potential FQB. They just need to go with what they've got and hope they get their guy in 2018.

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Handbags have been a good accessory in completing women's outfit. There are a wide variety of handbags that come in different styles, designs, materials, colors and sizes. These accessories have great significance because of their versatility features. Both men and women carry bags, however, it is just well-known that women use them more than men. Furthermore, handbags are also use to create a fashion statement. Different designs and styles are born each year. Celebrities and popular TV icons are often the first to try trendy handbags to complete their looks. Different variety of handbags were basically designed for different purposes. And to make it widely available to everyone, such fashion accessories are now available in different variety of designs, styles and colors to incorporate with different wardrobes. This is the reason why almost all women have 3-5 different types of handbags in their closet

The Waterboy, Peebag and onefanjet like this.
  17. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

No. We should sink or swim with Hack or Petty. Why ruin another poor kids career?

There's no white hat coming in on the wire to save the day.

18. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I think Hack did a pretty decent job last night and made some nice throws down the stretch...you can't just keep throwing guys away if they don't show they are superstars right out of the gate.
    Bringing in a new guy who has no knowledge of the system is pointless at this juncture...ride or die with what we've got.

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  19. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

No. At this point, just take the beatings that are coming and start fresh next offseason. Grabbing a QB at #1 or #2 next year will drastically change the Jets future.

20. Beki

Beki Active Member

I don't think we should grab/sign any new young QB. Let's roll with Hack and Petty behind McCown. Both our youngsters will get the chance to play during this season.
    It's true I believe, that Hack is not ready to face against an NFL defense, so let's name Petty as McCown's backup.

However, I think we will be in serious trouble if our draft pos will be around top5-6 and will miss top QB prospects.