Training Camp Cuts - Possible Pickups

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Aug 25, 2017.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Word out in Boston is that he and Belichik had "something going on" and I don't mean sexual. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

themorey, slimjasi, nicg4360 and 2 others like this.
  2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I think as long as we have a defensive coordinator coaching our team, moves like this are going to be made. General managers tend to make moves that appease their HC. Same thing happened under Rex. Bowles is thinking about his defense because that's what he knows and that's what he has true conviction about.

No team in the history of the NFL has ever needed an offensive-minded, QB friendly head coach more than the Jets. We haven't drafted an offensive player in the 1st round since Mark Sanchez for fuck's sake. Who was the last skill position player we drafted in the 1st round? Santana Moss?!?! WOW.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

But there was no move to be made today that can fix that. The offensive problems are well documented but do not affect the rating of this move. If mac had only 1 claim to make today and chose ealy over an equal offensive lineman your gripe would be legit. As it stands, good player was available and mac claimed him. Good move

4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I hope he bursts Br*dy's spleen and then points to Belichick on the sideline..

5. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

For everyone complaining about our o-line in this thread, name one lineman that will salvage the o-line that's available right now.

westiedog1 and hwismer like this.
  6. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

Rosie odonnell.

Bellows1, Red Menace and TonyFtLaud like this.
  7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

And let's pray it turns out better for us than when Mo Lewis knocked out Bledsoe.

slimjasi likes this.
  8. BacktoQueens

Vlad Ducasse

9. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Fwiw Ealy and Sheldon Richardson are cousins

10. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Was wondering why no one had brought this up. The Richardson haters gonna go crazy now.....

11. TouchyFeely

Interesting, but wasn't the last time Sheldon got in trouble he was driving at lightspeed with his cousins?

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

My goodness ...Unbelievable turn around in Board sentiment as far as our offense since April!!! I think Contrails and I were a minority screaming at the Defensive Draft Pick and wanted OL

Yes the OL horrifically neglected...My Theory is Bowles wants a D to look good so when they send him packing he can look to pad the resume with defensive standouts among a dozen games losses...he will take a job as a DC with some desperate team or if he's lucky get a good one like ex Head coaches Wade P or J Schwartz

Glad people are starting to think a little outa the box

13. TouchyFeely

That's all fine and dandy but if we didn't address our secondary we'd be going into the season with Calvin Pryor and Marcus Gilchrist again. Do you remember how bad our secondary was last year?

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Good point

But the WHOLE team is a mess man...so why could we have NOT overloaded on D

You have to admit getting two safeties when your scoring the previous season was totally anemic is very weird

So far Hansen is the only decent offensive draftee to be seen

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. TouchyFeely

Ardarius Stewart? The guy who more than doubled Hansen's yardage and had two TDs yesterday?

The right move would've been to (1) keep Mangold so he could call protections and help our young QBs, particularly Hack, in that regard. (2) Grab our two safeties who will hopefully help to lead our defense for the next 10 years

Hindsight is 20/20 but Mangold's knowledge and experience is almost priceless to young QBs. McCown can't be out on the field with Petty and Hack but Mangold could've. Then we get into the debate about whether that would cripple their development for when Mangold retired or whatever.

At the end of the day we're not in the front office and we don't know their plan 100%. IMO they really want to draft a QB next year regardless and don't mind losing a lot of games. Obviously they want to win but its pretty clear they won't be with how the roster is set.

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Can't wait to watch the Jets go dumpster diving on cut down day. Top shelf talent at bargain basement prices.. yay

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  17. BacktoQueens

the two Safeties was definitely weird, although they do seem like good players at least.

Timing is part of it also, as we desperately needed Oline help, with a draft that offered very little in terms of high end Oline talent.
    I'd love to double dip on Oline next draft if we don't go QB.
    Maybe a FA signing as well..

Red Menace and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. BacktoQueens

I think they should still sign Mangold.
    Breaking in a young QB, Mangold and Decker would have helped.

Likewise a young D could've used Harris, and now I'll get nauseous seeing him with the cheats.

19. TonyFtLaud

You would think if Kony was in Sheldon's car he would have been named and investigated by the league.
    This was exactly what I was expecting as mentioned in the post just above yours.

20. TonyFtLaud

Saturday can't come soon enough.
    We can expect a complete overhaul of the offense.....o_O