Bowles Just Doesn't Get It

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by grkmanga31, Mar 28, 2017.

1. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

The thing is though, the whole point of 2017 is to see what we have in two young QB's, Hack and Petty. Moreso Hack because he's a second round pick. If we suck we will probably have our pick at the top of the draft. So for me I think its clear that Macc and Bowles aren't on the same page, and no assurances have been made for Bowles' job in 2018.

2. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

The difference between all three QB's is statistically marginal, if one accepts the press reports. The press also says McCown looks the best, which is to be expected.

My beef is even if Bowles thinks he is able to ride McCown, is that even realistic? The most games he has played in a season was 11, back in 2014. What are the odds he will last? His best year was 2013 with the Bears, and he threw 1,800 yards, 10TD's 1 INT with a 66% completion percentage. But he was throwing to Brandon Marshall in his prime, Alson Jeffrey and Martellus Bennett and had an offensive minded HC in Marc Trestman. Big difference from the Bowles Jets. So McCown will be mediocre at best.

So the right play will be to embrace the youth movement and let the kids learn. No fan will expect much from either Hack or Petty with this offensive roster. But any improvement will draw interest.

NCJetsfan, Cman68, FJF and 3 others like this.
  3. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

If McCowm starts, I'll be rooting for injury. Fuck the "never wish injury" mentality, I don't care.

TBH, I'm hoping for one of our rookie LBs to accidentally break his leg, like tomorrow.

4. grkmanga31

That too.....Fans don't want to see a retread QB out there when we all know that this year is a throw-away year. This year is not about winning, its about development of young talent, and clearing up the road for the future of the franchise. 2018 is where the real decisions will be made, and I would expect a much better team in 2018 than in 2017.

PulseJet and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Where the fuck is Enemkpali when we need him?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. PulseJet

If we're daydreaming, maybe it will be on a sideline hit and Bowles gets his leg broken too.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. grkmanga31

I would be shocked if McCown wasn't out by week 3 or 4 at the latest. Very injury prone and not very good.

8. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

With our luck, this motherfucker will have the 1st full season of his carreer :mad:

NCJetsfan, Cman68 and grkmanga31 like this.
  9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Year after year the same deal

Bring in the has been QB to the NFL doormat Jets and let him show the world the team gets absolutely lucky (Fitz) for one season or takes a nosedive

It's almost like I can make book on this

The TV audience and fans fork up big money for this clown show SMH 800xs

Woody and Woodrow see $ in the bank...couldn't care less

10. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Don't agree. It has more to do with getting on with the program and not satisfying reporters inane soap opera questions than continuing with the fiasco that will only distract what the team is trying to accomplish on the field. Though I don't always agree with Bowles on field strategies and game time clock management, this one I support 100%.

He doesn't need to feed the fire with kindle that reporters like to throw his way. It really is all BS.

Freddy Mondo and FJF like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Part of me would like to see Sheldon go ballistic on Bowles and beat the crap out of him. We'd get rid of both of them, at least for a little while. It would just bring the circus back to town, however, so the sideline hit it is!

12. PulseJet

Sorry but inane questions from NY media looking to stir something up is just usual business. If he can't handle usual business he doesn't have what it takes.

13. NCJetsfan

Good post. Bowles is a clueless tool. I can't watch his press conferences. They make me want to punch him right in the mouth. I can't stand his demeanor, his decisions, his mushy, mumbled voice, or anything about him. IMO the only good things he has ever done was hiring Greene, Morton and Bates, but that was overshadowed by his keeping Rodgers and maybe the STs coach as well.

He should have been fired following this past season. If we had an owner with one ounce of intelligence, Bowles would have been fired.

PulseJet likes this.
  14. grkmanga31

Good to see Hack get more reps. A bit concerned now with 5 picks in the last 2 practices. 4 of which came in team drills. Has to tighten that up a bit if he wants to start

15. NCJetsfan

Definitely good to see him getting more reps. I don't think the picks are unexpected. They happen with young QBs, especially ones learning a new offense and having to think too much. Until two days ago, he hadn't thrown any. He was probably being very cautious. I think it's better than he's a little more relaxed now. He didn't throw a lot of picks in college, and I don't think he will in the NFL either when he gets his chance. Id rather him get them out of the way in practice and preseason than during the regular season. Hopefully, he'll learn from every one he throws in practice.

PulseJet likes this.
  16. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

You said he can't handle it? He just did by pretty much telling them to pound sand, which is the only language the NY media understands. Asking a stupid , inane question should get no less an expected response.

FJF and Freddy Mondo like this.
  17. PulseJet

What question asked of Bowles isn't responded to with a pound sand or bullshit response? Whether it's QB development or a dozen other questions over the years. At some point he needs to explain his thought process because right now he sounds clueless and unfit.

tomdeb likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

One has to actually have a thought process before one can explain it. I don't think he does. I think he is clueless and unfit.

tomdeb and PulseJet like this.
  19. grkmanga31

Of for sure. The picks are to be expected, I just don't want it to become a habit. He makes some jaw dropping plays and follows them up with not so great plays. The norm for a 22 year old kid. Just want him to get comfortable in the offense and to become more confident in himself and what he sees on the field. Can't wait to see how he does on Saturday and the rest of the preseason

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

No he does not. He does not have to do anything but win more games than he loses. Everything else is this belief in fan entitlement.

BomberJet likes this.