The Hackenberg era is about to begin

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dmw, Jul 27, 2017.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Lol, only a few bring it out if me.

2. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

My "lot" isn't saying we shouldn't give him a chance. We are about to start a throwaway season, there's no better time to see if he's drastically improved since last pre-season. We just want proof he's decent before we start blowing him.

3. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

sidebar: if a rebuild isn't successful is it still a "rebuild"?

tbruner12 likes this.
  4. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

5. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Seriously lol, you and others have been flaming him for months, now it is we want proof he is decent, you will get your proof one way or the other come game time, can you hold back your scorn until then ?

Nobody is blowing him either, I really do worry about people like yourself when it seems you don't really read the other guys posts, time and time again all I have said is...

He needs to be given his chance and then we will see what he can do for good or bad, feel free to check my post history, no wild claims from me about him being Brady or whatever, just hope for the good of this organisation that he can become our FQB or our rebuild will continue for another year.

He may stink the joint out but we will not know until he pads up and leads the team out for real, all the crap you posted about his college years are now not relevant, neither is mine about him running a pro offence as a freshman or whatever age group he was then.

Bitching and fighting about him is doing neither of us or the site any good, we are all meant to be fans, sometimes if you have nothing good to say it is maybe best just not to say it at the end of the day.

There is a guy now flaming the TE's even though this is probably the first time in years we are actually going to use them like all the other teams but nope for him this is a shit group of TE's, that is just a massive sigh from me, there is being negative and then there is just being down on everything for the sake of it.

If you have got this far then well done and I am drawing a line underneath this argument, I have said my piece and it can only be repeated ad nauseam.

8. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Okay, so you'll blow him then?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

very encouraging stuff on Hackenberg. good to hear

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It has begun...............

11. Greenday4537

If he turns out to be good? I'd go down to keep a franchise QB here.

Walt White likes this.
  12. Martin&theJETS

I don't think there isn't a single thing I would do.

13. Greenday4537

Feel like you mean wouldn't.

14. Martin&theJETS

That's it. I was in a rush, thanks haha.

15. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

He's looked good the last few days .. if it's close to being close between he and McClown .. Hackenberg will start. Preseason games will reveal all .. maybe even by the first two we'll have our answer. I think he's talented enough and can prove many a person on this board wrong. I bet many already thought such tweets as posted above would Neva Eva woulda been typed lol.

K'OB, FJF and Walt White like this.
  16. Martin&theJETS

Hopefully. There is no reason why a QB with a career high of 13 TDs should start over Hackenberg this season. Geno at his very worst threw 12 TDs when he started. Sanchez as a rookie threw 12 TDs. Hackenberg would have to be an abomination to throw less TDs than McCown's 14 year career personal best. I don't make this shit up. A fucking monkey would start Hackenberg over McCown.

themorey and Pags2112 like this.
  17. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Maybe he'll pick-off some more of the nay-sayer reporters on the sidelines with newfound deadly accuracy and velocity.

18. The real test for Hackenburg will come after his first bad practice or outing.The way he responds to that will offer crucial insight.

It appears at the very least that this idea that he could never learn proper footwork or adequate accuracy is quite silly.That said He still has a signicant amount of work to put in ,goals to reach & hasn't proven a single thing other than he can most definitely hit the ocean now.

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yep. And that is good enough for any Jets fan right now. One step at a time.

20. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

It's kind of amazing that he's still only a 22 y.o. kid. Man, there's been a whole ton of shit he's had to wade through, and bs directed at him, in his young life. Go Hack, fuck 'em up.

He'll play when he's ready, and if next year he's an established NFL QB who cares which game he starts first this year, next week or week 4...whatever.