Report: Lorenzo Mauldin accused of assault

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Jun 11, 2017.

1. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Yeah I liked it better when Rex HIMSELF was the only damn contreversy here.

2. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Why can't these guys punch our QB... like the good old days.

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Just a flesh wound....o_O

[​IMG]

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Another mope "falls down the stairs."

Footballgod214 likes this.
  5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Amazing how so many of you are already talking about him getting cut, etc., even with this in the article.
    And doesn't seem like it could be that bad if he was able to make it to the precinct the next day.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  6. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

How ironic would it be if the feel good story about Mauldin is how he identified him. That was my first thought when I read the report. Breaking bones around the eye is pretty bad. Grievous bodily harm by legal definition.
    It could get pretty ugly for Mauldin.
    Hopefully it was not him, I personally will take a wait and see approach.

7. TonyFtLaud

Mauldin's attorney also said he plans to show Mauldin's highlight reel from last season to prove he couldn't possibly hit anyone that hard!!!

8. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

How about that youth movement. Another arrest/ban. Great coaching, Todd. It doesn't seem like anybody respects him or even cares about playing for the Jets. You'd think it's a privilege to be part of the NFL (unless the Jets aren't part of that, which I sort of understand). You don't see shit like this happen with the Patriots. Those guys wouldn't dare fucking up under Belichick.

9. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Man. I can already tell this year is going to suck big time.

10. TonyFtLaud

Your not serious are you? Bowles is not responsible for the players actions in the off season or away from the team. Mauldin has not been arrested or banned. The Patriots had Brady, Branch and Ninkovitch suspended 4 games to start last season. Ninkovitch suspended for PEDs. To show their outrage the Patriots restructured his contract , rolling almost all his salary into this year's salary so he would have next to no loss of money due to his suspension. Same with Brady. This shit happens to every team in the league.

11. DaBallhawk

You are comparing beating somebody to death in a night club to Brady being suspended for a deflated football? Get the fuck out of my face with this shit. Sheldon almost killed a bunch of people while being high as shit last year or the year before. Guys skipping practices. Of course it has everything to do with Bowles. You don't see this type of shit happening on a regular basis with other teams. And don't bring up some irrelevant bullshit incident with the Pats like that's comparable or even on the same planet. Good lord.

12. TonyFtLaud

So now your claiming Mauldin killed someone. We don't know anything yet about what Mauldin may or may not have done ,but we know he didn't beat anyone to death. Sheldon didn't almost kill anyone. The players we have suspended are ASJ for DUI when he was with Tampa And both Marshalls. The comparison was between them and Branch/Ninkovitch. Your obviously too stupid to comprehend that.
    Guys being late to practice is unacceptable and it's been an ongoing issue sine before Bowles arrived. Especially with Wilkerson. But read your statement that I responded to. You never mentioned anything about meetings, you just claimed arrests and bans which to this point are not the case. And murder ? You must be doing more with Sheldon than trimming his beard.

13. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Why wait for facts when you can proclaim your undying love to Rex now?

14. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Didn't the Pats have Aaron Hernandez? I'd say that's worse than anything the Jets have had. Not that the Pats have any relevance here anyway.

Like I said earlier, let the process play out. If Mauldin is found guilty, he'll be cut. Simple as that IMO.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

15. DaBallhawk

Stop it already. The guy almost beat this asshole to death for spilling champagne over him and you're gonna argue guilty or not? Put the green glasses down and be rational for a minute.

16. DaBallhawk

You are the definition of a chadrool.

SackExchange69 likes this.
  17. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Or, perhaps, someone else beat him down and this was a cash grab? Maybe its a similar situation to what happened with Revis like two months ago? Truthfully, I have no idea. He could also be guilty.

There is nothing wrong with waiting for the facts. I'll be on the Cut Mauldin train if this story has legs to it.

18. Bellows1

I think the "guilty or not" part, is kinda important. I have no problem dumping him if he did it, but can he have his day in court?

I know it's the Jets, but do we always have to assume the worst?

19. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Be rational? Like not accusing someone of almost beating another person to death when he has not even been charged with a crime?

20. Bellows1

""Safe to say that a---- had a good birthday! Remember folks, I'm available for birthdays, bar mitzvahs, christenings, sweet sixteens, quinceaneras, wakes, miscarriages and any other reasons to celebrate!""

Shoulda punched this asshole in the face.