Bowles Just Doesn't Get It

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by grkmanga31, Mar 28, 2017.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

maybe it was some reverse psychology... he knows Revis is done and thus hopes our division rivals pick him up so he has nothing but good things to say.

-okay, lol, wishful thinking

Brook! likes this.
  2. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Guaranteed that Revis has something left in the tank. He saw the writing on the wall and knew the Jets were a mess. Why risk your health for the Jets? Sometime in the next few weeks he will visit the Pats, show them he is healthy and can still run. They sign him at a discount.

The best thing Bowles could have done was call him out early in OTA's last April. But that is not in Bowles nature and that ship has sailed.

3. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Yea...I remember not going to the playoffs. If the Jets would pay me a million dollars, I could do the same thing.

4. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Just because TB is shit, doesn't mean Rex was not

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Toilet being worse is not a positive for Rex, they were both bad HC.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

In reality Mike didn't make any grand revelations with his rant. Many guys on this board have had reservations about TB since his first season, Jay Bizniss was the first guy to put up a thread on it.

The selecting of a QB with the first pick this year was again spoken about to a nauseam around here with the majority of the board expressing their desire for a day one starter with the 6th pick and expressing what Mike was on his soap box about.

If they are going to select a QB then he better be your starter no matter what the situation is or you don't select one.

Mike Fatcessa late to the game as always, he is getting geared up for Yankees baseball.

He just needed to take his yearly jab at the jets.

Screw the fat man and his diet pepsis.

CBG likes this.
  7. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Back in my army days, I used to have a special punishment for guys who were late for duty: then next time the unit was up for an off base pass, anybody who had been late got to spend their pass days hand painting each gravel in the parking lot of the motor pool (about 6 acres) with a paintbrush intended for detail work on model cars.

I only had one repeat offender in 11 years.

But, you know, ignoring it is cool, too.

8. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

As I am reading this, I am saying to my phone, "Go for 2!"

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Im pretty sure the NFLPA has rules against that sorta thing Sarge. :)

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

ahh who cares about the lateness crap.....we all know the ship isn't too tight with TB but I am sure its a bit tighter than rex.....

that being said.....the real issue here is that bowles should have realized any thing he says that sounds aloof or undisciplined is going to ignite the bipolar fans and media.

he needs to be more perceptive than that.

PulseJet likes this.
  11. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Ridiculous thread. Bowles said he isn't concerned about it. That doesn't mean he doesn't care when people are late or doesn't punish people for being late. I'm seriously getting sick and tired of people reading so deeply into press conference statements, from a guy like Bowles, who we know intentionally says as little as possible to avoid headlines. He was asked if he was concerned. Would it have been better if he said, "Yes, I'm very worried about this, I may be losing the team! It's going to be a big issue next season". Is that what you guys want? He doesn't think it will be an issue, he's not saying it's okay to be late. Some of you guys are worse than the media with this crap.

#51 Sam Hammer, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    FJF likes this.
  12. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

You nailed it. Thats the real problem. If he is tone def with the media and the fanbase, can we trust he has the pulse of the team? Not really.

13. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

It will be at least a decade until the Jets are "good" again. Fully expect Bowles to be fired, either during the season or immediately following 2017 season. Mac will get fired the following season and so will continue another "rebuild". Until, either, Belichick retires; the pats move out of the AFC east; or the Jets move out of the AFC east; we will continue to be "owned".

I have zero faith in this organization from the top down. We have already packed it in for 2017. For those of you who love a first round draft pick, early congratulations! Foregone conclusion; Jets will be selecting in Top 10 again; probably more than likely top 5. Also, Pats will be hosting at least 1 home playoff game; probably more than likely 2 home playoff games and Super Bowl appearance.

Also, our "home field advantage" is quickly becoming opposing teams favorite road trip. Visit to NYC and watch your team kick the shit out of the shitty Jets. Sorry season ticket holders. Hopefully you make a little money back. One thing is for sure, you won't be getting a free post season game any time soon.

Embrace the darkside.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Get the fuck outta here with your nonsense! Because fans want a disciplined team and aren't willing to accept the shit show that was last season doesn't make us bi-polar. Making such a stupid comment show what a numbnuts you are.

tomdeb and Andy_M like this.
  15. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

....then you have no football team.
    ..not disagreeing necessarily,...just sayin'

BUT....is it no heart, or is it no belief in their leadership ? There were some pretty good football players who mailed it in last year.......
    rookies were pretty much the only ones playing with any effort. Only exception that stands out to me is Big Cat. Never seen him play flat - ever.

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No, you're the one being ridiculous and being all too willing to excuse away everything bad he says and does.

tomdeb likes this.
  17. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

I expected a better response from you.

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Or he can just go about his business without giving a fuck what the media and fans are going to rabble on about. i hope he does that.

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Really?

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

sounds like a very "bi-polar" response