Watson

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Wahoo, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Word is he may still be there at 6. Do we take him?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Devinthedude

Devinthedude Member

No, maybe in the 2nd not at 6

3. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

if they jump on a QB day 1, everyone will know before that point that Maccagnan will pretty much admit he made a mistake with Hackenberg. Why? Would you as a GM look at everyone , including the team players with a straight face with supporting the idea of the Jets carrying 3 very inexperienced QB's into the 2017? They would have to drop Hack and try to get a veteran before they can even think about drafting one this year.

boozer32 likes this.
  4. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

You're probably right but if we pass on him and he becomes a star I'll lose my mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boozer32 likes this.
  5. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

No and i don't think they want to draft a QB honestly, well probably wait next year. Why deal with 4 QBs again because its clear the Jets want to get a vet here and dont think our guys right now are ready.

6. Devinthedude

Devinthedude Member

Im hoping its one of foles, geno, or rg3. Just cheap bridge guys that hack can possibly pass if he progresses enough.

7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Draft a QB every year till you hit gold

Just pass in round 1 for this year

#7 NYJetsO12, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    njjets93, TonyFtLaud and boozer32 like this.
  8. rsc1589

rsc1589 Active Member

If hack sucks then you take Watson. It's that simple.

Watson is a stud.

9. Devinthedude

Devinthedude Member

Watson is not a stud. He isnt accurate, makes poor descisions, in the spread system, had one of the best wrs and defenses to carry him.

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I would lean towards Mahomes at 6 first, but would take Watson there too. That said, I don't think Macc will. But going with three young guys is the best way to go IMO. It keeps Bowles from playing a useless vet and blocking the development of Petty, Hack, or a draftee, and the odds are great that whoever they get is better than Petty or Hack, if not right away, in the long run. Worst case is they all suck and the Jets "win the 1st draft pick in 2018.

11. Devinthedude

Devinthedude Member

Taking one of these qbs at 6 is not a good idea. None of them are even close to being nfl ready.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

What do you base your assessment on? I would admit that they would have a steep learning curve, but Watson or Mahomes have the skills and intangibles required.

13. Devinthedude

Devinthedude Member

Film study. I watch a lot of college ball during the season. Then the past couple months ive watched games of the different prospects in more detail. Mahomes is my favorite out of the bunch but there is no way he should even be a first rounder.

14. ColoradoContrails

So let me ask you: Dak Prescott was not a 1st rounder, and yet he's now the starting QB for the Cowboys. And of course there's Tom Brady who wasn't a 1st rounder either, and yet is a HOF QB. My point is that it doesn't matter what round a QB is taken in as far as whether they'll pan out, right? But, given the hunger for QBs, the top 5 QBs in this year's draft will likely be taken well ahead of where you rate them. What this means is this: Let's say you rate Mahomes as a 3rd rounder, he's not going to last until then in all probability, so your approach is to say "Fine, I guess I'll miss out on him". But what if he's a Prescott, or worse, a Brady? Whoever took him in the 1st or 2nd round will look like a genius and no one will care that they "reached" to do it. Certainly he could turn out to be a "project" or worse, a bust, but given the high return if he pans out, many would take that risk.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  15. Devinthedude

Devinthedude Member

Prescott is way over rated. He has all the tools to succeed a great oline, top 5 running game, good recievers, a good coach, and a decent defense. If he was on say the 49ers or browns he wouldnt look anywhere near as good as he did last season.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. Devinthedude

Devinthedude Member

Carr and bridgwater looked better than all of these guys and they were taken much much later than the 6th pick.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Carr and Bridgewater were both 3 year starters. It's laughable that QB's with less than 3 years under center are being considered in the top 10. There was a time not long ago when that kind of experience limited a QB prospect to 4th or 6th round only.

Everybody thinks they're going to catch Flacco-magic in a bottle but they're more likely to get Sanchez out of the deal and really Mark Sanchez was more polished coming out than some of these guys.

stinkyB, BomberJet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  18. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more with your way of thinking or your desire for Mahomes...the kid has huge upside,imo.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  19. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

20. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I like Watson but not at 6.

There are so many reasons for the Jets to trade down in this specific draft. I hope they are able to find a trade partner that will give good compensation for a move like this.