Hey Champ

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by typeOnegative13NY, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

:rofl:

Don't expect on being satisfied ever.

2. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

:lol: nah,i'm not holding my breath.

3. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Very good point and I agree to a large extent. HOWEVER, the regular season is not the end for football fans. The NFL has managed to engage the fans into the offseason. There is the pre-season, regular season, post season, FA period, draft, spring training, training camps, work out periods, etc. Many fans treat the FA period and draft like it is the second season in the schedule, and the training camp sessions like they are regular games. None of the other sports market the offseason and draft like the NFL.

The fans are saturated all year round. So while there might be a shorter season, 16 games, they are consumed with the sport more than fans in other sports. So you would think that people that devote so much time and effort into players would be more willing to give a team, or player, a pass. But on the whole, the opposite is true. I guess that is where your explanation comes into play.

All I can say it is an interesting observation into human behavior, and football fans are certainly a unique animal.

4. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Don't agree with this at all. I consider myself a bigger football fan then baseball fan and I spend ALOT more time over the course of a season watching/thinking about baseball. I mean, there's 10x as many games in the regular season. TC/Draft in football doesn't even come close to begining to make this up.

5. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

No other league markets its off-season like the NFL though, the draft is almost like another SB to some people.

In any case, it was just an observation to prompt some discussion.

6. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I'm a baseball fan, but of the two sports, I spend more time thinking about football. It just seems that there is more to think about and discuss.

7. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

From some maybe but there at least seemed to be many more who could not ever get over that he was hired in the first place and attributed every little success he had to anything other then him having any coaching ability.

As for how he left, I wasn't thrilled with how it went down but I don't believe it was entirely his fault either. The only people who truly could've ended the doubt were Woody and TB and they never stood up and said that Herm was their guy and they were sticking with him.

That's all the past though and my focus is on the current team and wishing them and Mangini the best of luck.

8. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

It's like it's 2004 again :smile:

Good to see you back around here Dog.

9. ESCRONDON

ESCRONDON Member

What a crazy thread.
    I've just read the whole thing,it took so many twists & turns.:eek:fftopic:

......and Champ didnt even turn up to respond.:breakdance:

10. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

In fairness, he did say he was going away. link

But he also never shows his face after a win when he is around, so who knows if he's back? That post was over two weeks ago. I'm sure if the Bears beat us he'll be on here before Mangini gets to the post game podium.

11. baamf

baamf Active Member

His profile states

Last Activity: Yesterday 12:30 PM

12. Italian Seafood

Haha, good work , detective baamf. Looks like we have a lurker in the midst.

13. Gator

Gator Active Member

Why anyone would believe anything he posts at this point is beyond me. His next SOJ's post will coincide with the Jets next loss, you know that.

14. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

I really don't understand members of this site's fascination with Champ and Peter King.

15. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

OH HO HO!

BUSTED!

I guess he doesn't wanna be around after the win.

16. Italian Seafood

I don't know about Peter King, but champ comes on here and tells we're all stupid for thinking the Jets have a chance to win. So when they do win he never shows up to admit he was wrong.

17. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I haven't been around for a while and I'm just now picking up the gist of this thread from the last posts, but if Champ hasn't been around since Sunday, it doesn't surprise me and should surprise no one.

Doom and Gloom is the name of the game. Trouncing on hopes is his calling... and he's damned good at it. He skillfully takes snuffing out dreams to a whole new level.. to an art form, in fact.

Just remember, there's no delight in seeing the Jets do well, much less seeing the overwhelmingly embarassed Bill Belichick have to come across the field and shake Mangini's hand in what has to be one of the most satisfying wins we've witnessed in the last decade. This wasn't a "lucky win." This wasn't a win that was handed to us either. We took this win and we beat this win out of them. We played better, period.

So now, when he does reappear (and he will), it'll go something like this... "Well, the Patriots are a team in decline now... they're no good." It won't be that the Jets played well (God forbid), it'll be that the Patriots stink and so, "no wonder we beat them and it proves nothing."

You really have to take this with a grain of salt and see a certain amount of humor in it all. This kind of sports sociopath doesn't come along that often! Enjoy the study when he returns!

18. Italian Seafood

TGG should just change his name to The Study without telling him.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

The Excel Spreadsheets put it over the top for me.:rofl:

20. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Im honestly trying..very hard with champ lately.

This is a very very tough post to argue with section227.

As far as the fascination with Champ. Nobody has the ability to get under the skin of many posters around here the way champ does.

When someone states the obvious..no championships etc, its like someone telling someone else that he has a big nose..when he actually really does have a big nose.

He parts his hair differently...gets a nice tan...wears dark colors..and guess what..his nose is still big...and the Jets havent won a championship under woody johnson.

Next....