Wow... Jets Release Mangold

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETSJETSJETS17, Feb 25, 2017.

1. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Matt, I think Nick was better the Mawae. He did more straight ahead blocking and push for the running backs. We (and the team) will miss his smarts in setting up assignments. I bought his jersey the first year and wear it often to the bars. He is a long term favorite and belongs in the Ring of Honor.

2. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Gonna miss you, Nick. I'll wear my no. 74 jersey with pride.

3. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

If he decides to play another year or two, I hope he get's on a team that will win a Super bowl ring for him. And I don't mean the Pats!!!

matt robinson 17 and ajax like this.
  4. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

I'll wear my 74 all day tomorrow.

All the best Nick...

5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

This shouldn't really be shocking to anyone but it's still a sad day none the less.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yep. Not a shock, but still sucks. If you are going to cut a guy like Mangold, I assume Brandon Marshall and Darrelle Revis are toast too. Rightfully so. People have talked about David Harris, but I think he is still valuable enough to keep.

kevda5n9ne and ajax like this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

This is the end of an era. Too bad we couldn't get Brick and Nick a SB, they deserved it. Well, hopefully Nick can get one now (as long as it isn't with NE).

[​IMG]

kevda5n9ne, NCJetsfan and xxedge72x like this.
  8. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

That's the one thing a lot of fans are still confused about. I read a few times in the Revis arrested articles that because it's still the league year from this last season, we can't cut him yet. It would cause a penalty that would put the team over the cap, and The Jets would be in trouble one way or another. I believe it's March 9th that they can cut him, and on March 10th the new year starts, and his salary is then guaranteed.

Bottom line is I'm sure he'll be a goner March 9th. At least he better be.

Now on to Mangold, who I'm making a separate post on because one is an all time honorable Jet, and the other I'm embarrassed ever played for us.

9. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

When this team selected Mangold 29th overall, (via John Abraham) I was quite happy the team had rebuilt the OL with him and Ferguson. Little did I know he would become my 3rd all time favorite Jet.

I was nervous about post Mawae life for the team, but hopefully optimistic with this pick in 2006. I jokingly thought to myself, a guy with long blonde hair like me, a guy named Nick like me, I think I'll grow to like this guy... And I did. He became a team leader, an All Pro multiple times, and very dependable to be a class act, to stay healthy, and not to be greedy, or a distraction. If only every player could be like him, that would be the perfect world.

On to the release, I understand it. I thought it was possible, but I'm still shocked. I hope he goes to a contender and gets a ring. Good luck 74, and thanks for everything!

10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Man, it sucks hearing this news. When everyone's talking about this draft pick, that draft pick, who we shoulda taken, who turned out to be another bust, good draft, bad draft, which Jets GM sucks etc etc etc, let's remember a great pick - taking Nick Mangold and getting 11 solid years from him.

Nick Mangold, New York Jet. It was great having you to root for and you will be missed.

xxedge72x and The Dark Knight like this.
  11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

GREAT PLAYER AND CLASS ACT best of luck Nick Mangold we loved having you !

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I know he's over the hill but damn this move stings. Easily my favorite active Jet.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

The Dark Knight likes this.
  13. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

I would have liked one more year with Mangold as a Jet, but it's obvious they are cleaning house. Guys like Mangold make me proud to be a Jets fan. Wish there were more guys like him on the team.

As for what this means, I don't think the Jets will be in the market for a stop gap QB, considering they are dumping all their established players.

kevda5n9ne and xxedge72x like this.
  14. Biffins

Biffins Member

Actually the Pats have a need at C. Andrews was a weak link in the playoffs, especially the Houston game. They'd love to sign Mangold. They did something similar with Brian Waters at RG few years ago, a veteran signing in OL. Played all 16 games and went to the Superbowl with the Pats.

15. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Waiting to see how his legal issues play out.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I am not saying Mangold to the Patriots would be soul crushing but..............I am typing it.

xxedge72x likes this.
  17. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I still love this moment.

18. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Tough to see Mangold go but I knew there was a decent chance this would happen.

One of the best o-linemen we've ever had and one of the best players overall.

#74 for life!

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i picked yours only because it was the 3rd or 4th one.

Its fascinating that you guys have such fucking vitriol for darrelle revis that you come into a nick mangold got cut thread and talk about him. what is the fascination?

all because he tried to get himself as much money as possible from a league that doesnt care if he lives or dies. just so long as he doesnt tarnish the image.

20. 74

74 Well-Known Member

My interest level in this team is at an all-time low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Waterboy and xxedge72x like this.